NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

Garafalo in the second round...

Just my thoughts Originally Posted by DickEmDown
Then who with the first pick?
Garafalo in the second round...

Just my thoughts Originally Posted by DickEmDown
Thought I knew football but I'm clueless: who the fuck is this guy, DED?
Then who with the first pick? Originally Posted by alpha Q good
I'm still hoping Clowney...but they will probably go with Bortles

Thought I knew football but I'm clueless: who the fuck is this guy, DED? Originally Posted by Solemate62
Jimmy Garoppolo

I spelled his name wrong...
Thought I knew football but I'm clueless: who the fuck is this guy, DED? Originally Posted by Solemate62
Some Italian guy no one has ever heard of, I saw a total of 0 games of him all year, but he makes all the scouts hard, so I guess he might be the guy.
Thanks, DED and Don....even when spelled right, never heard of him until today! You'd rather draft this guy over Bortles?
Thanks, DED and Don....even when spelled right, never heard of him until today! You'd rather draft this guy over Bortles? Originally Posted by Solemate62
They are about the same to me...only less people have heard of Jimmy G.

There are no real QB's even worth a high first round pick in this draft so they might as well wait until the 2nd round...especially since they have the "smartest" QB in the league now
They are about the same to me...only less people have heard of Jimmy G.

There are no real QB's even worth a high first round pick in this draft so they might as well wait until the 2nd round...especially since they have the "smartest" QB in the league now Originally Posted by DickEmDown
Must be a reference to Fitz coming out of Harvard (I think it was there).
  • Satin
  • 03-21-2014, 03:55 PM
Fun Dopey facts:

Throws a pick 6 on his first AND last throws in 2013
Texans get a 6 round "pick" from Oakland to get him...

Texans just signed safety Kendrick Lewis from the Chiefs. This is the second defensive player in a row signed that played for Romeo Crennell. (See a pattern developing)?

Even though they haven't come out and said it....I heard the Texans are looking at the big "R" word. They are in a "rebuilding" mode, rather than win now. The moves they are making are bearing that out. I heard some news that O'Brien is getting a 2 year 'pass' and they are making moves to focus on the future. They are taking a $10.5 million cap hit for the trade they just made with Dopey.

Looks like we're gonna suck for a while...just like our Astros....
Must be a reference to Fitz coming out of Harvard (I think it was there). Originally Posted by Solemate62
Yep...

@Satin, rebuilding....say it ain't so playa
I dont like Janene Garafalo. He and Bortles are over rated guy who did not face any good defenses. JFF faced the best defenses in college. For that matter so did Zack Metenberger. I would rather pick him if you have to wait till 2nd round.
good for the Kendricks deal, they needed some more depth in the secondary. Now all they need is QB, a defensive line, linebackers, an offensive line, and they a set.
good for the Kendricks deal, they needed some more depth in the secondary. Now all they need is QB, a defensive line, linebackers, an offensive line, and they a set. Originally Posted by spear88
Was not he one of those stellar defensive backs who helped allow the Colts to come from 28 points down and humiliate the Chiefs in the playoffs, just a few months ago?
I've seen clips of the Sopranos and enjoyed it, so I don't mind if we get the Italian.

Lets get to the serious issue here though, what the fuck are we going to name our fantasy next year?
Yep...

@Satin, rebuilding....say it ain't so playa Originally Posted by DickEmDown
Every fucking mediocre or worse NFL team in the league claim or have claimed for decades that they are rebuilding, just a code word for treading water IMO: Browns, Jets, Raiders, Lions.....just to name a few! I'm afraid some of my football friends down there are gonna someday be in the Houston Shady Rest Resort, gumming your food and pissing into a bottle while your franchise will still be 'rebuilding'!
Thanks, DED and Don....even when spelled right, never heard of him until today! You'd rather draft this guy over Bortles? Originally Posted by Solemate62
We'd certainly rather have Bottles, but he will be the first QB taken off the board, question is, do we want him (bortles) over Clowney with the first pick? I think the answer is no as of right now, but that could change. If it doesn't, the Italian might be the best option that is available in the second round.

But like we saw last year with Geno, either Bridgewater or JFF might fall really late in the draft, if that happens, we would for sure take them if they are there.