NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

I thinck Rich Lord was behind the VY billboards. ijs
Looks like BT has multiple sparring partners! Originally Posted by Solemate62
"Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee."

Well, a few years ago I stung like a skeeter. That's close!

But I did have good form while I was in the ring.
  • Satin
  • 03-26-2014, 11:08 PM
Wealthy Houston trial attorney Tony Buzbee put up the billboards. There's 12 of them. This dude is super- rich and was the attorney that handled the BP trial. He's won over a $billion in settlements and wins for his clients. He graduated from A&M but went to Law School at U of H.

He just moved from Friendswood to River Oaks. Dude is loaded and I'm sure gets plenty snatch....lucky fucker.....
Dude is loaded and I'm sure gets plenty snatch....lucky fucker..... Originally Posted by Satin
Why are you talking about yourself?
Thanks Satin for the answer.
Johnny Manziel just killed his pro day. Chester Pitts said he just turned into Mohammed Ali
Yeah, I heard Chester drooling all over himself. Said he never thought Pro Days made all that much difference...Until today.

Here We Go!
Johnny Manziel just killed his pro day. Chester Pitts said he just turned into Mohammed Ali Originally Posted by BigLouie
What do you mean by "Killed it?" Did bad or good ?
What do you mean by "Killed it?" Did bad or good ? Originally Posted by Solemate62
See #1
After today Johnny is the favorite for #1 pick by Texans. Anyone know if there are odds on this in Vegas?
  • Satin
  • 03-27-2014, 07:25 PM
Lmao BT, I wish man. I'm not in in this dude's universe.....

Not to be a hater, but before we get too excited about his "Pro Day".....here's a few guys who also had excellent "Pro Days"....
1. Jamarcus Russell
2. Ryan Leaf
3. Tim Tebow

Wanna take a guess where these fine gentlemen are now?

I never understood putting much stock in this bullshit. The guys get to be in "their" stadium, throw to "their" receivers, under "their" rules, with NO 300 lb lineman in their face trying to tear their head off. Ridiculous.
Johnny came in and took command. He did things no one expected. The pads and helmet. The way he addressed everyone at the end. He displayed what teams want to see in a leader. He was detailed and dedicated. He impressed the heck out of everyone there.
Shit was crazy, president was there, banging drake, the fuck did we just watch?

There ain't no way in hell though that a "Pro Day" is gonna change anyone's opinion on how they are gonna take a player, I think this was just for his marketing future today, and he got an A+

There ain't no way in hell though that a "Pro Day" is gonna change anyone's opinion on how they are gonna take a player, I think this was just for his marketing future today, and he got an A+ Originally Posted by TheDon
Then why go to Pro Days ? If Pro Days don't change anything then don''t go .
TheDon = Moron
JFF was apparently very prepared. Not just in the football sense but his poised and polished demeanor was a highlight of his pro day. He said and did all the right things to put to rest any doubt teams might have had about his maturity, intelligence, football savvy and desire to be great in the NFL. In one interview I heard he sounded like a mature analyst rather than a 20 yr old college athlete. Pro Days may not always change a coach or GM's mind but in this case JFF raised his stock more than Bridgewater or Bortles did by far. Some team owner is gonna see the way he handled himself under the scrutiny and want him as the face of their franchise.