NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

Puts the McDonald's fry cooks one rung above you on the ladder! Originally Posted by bigtex
You're one not to judge, mr ranking member on the supercommittee of stupid.
We need to pass around a big Christmas Card thanking Jerry Jones for his decision last year. Have everyone sign it and mail it to Valley Ranch
.... but we're the #3 seed now. We can forget being the #1 seed as long as New England(#1) and Baltimore(#2) keep winning. Now on to cold ass Cincinatti where a pissed off Bengals team will be awaiting after getting raped by the Steelers 35 - 7. Originally Posted by kerwil62
Nice observation Kerwil!... looks like somebody else found the PLAYOFF MACHINE...hehehe... Yeah tough road to be #1 seed.. we need to win out and have a little luck on our side..
If we all end up at 11-3 seeding will look something like this
#1 Bal (13-3)
#2 NE (13-3)
#3 HOU (13-3) wildcard but @ home (yes I still have the BAL loss in the back of my mind...hell, or even the Raiders one for that matter)
#5 Pit (13-3) wildcard
:. we need to win out and have NE and BAL loose at least 1

We need to pass around a big Christmas Card thanking Jerry Jones for his decision last year. Have everyone sign it and mail it to Valley Ranch Originally Posted by O'Mike
-Thanks Jerry! & good luck with Romo hosting NY next sun...hehehe
^ Good stuff Willy

Y'all got to admit that Atlanta beat themselves with crucial penalties that could've given them the win. And the last play their receiver just dropped the ball in the end zone. That would've sent the game into overtime.
Originally Posted by kerwil62
Meh, it's the NFL, I don't think anyone has to apologize for anything, wins are tough as hell to get. We could have easily won some of the games that we lost, and Atlanta screwing themselves over this year is nothing new.

Didn't realize that I'm the only one here who didn't attend the game lol. Great job to everyone that went. Seriously, I don't know what y'all did or drank during pre-game, but keep it up.

And Cowboy fans shouldn't be that upset, yeah it was a tough loss, but everyone else in your division last as well this week!
Wow, the Pats have had a pretty easy schedule for a team that went 14-2 last year..They will get the one seed with ease.

Ravens have Cleveland at home, where they never loose, and play the Colts- 2 automatic wins right there.

But they also get @ San Diego at Night and @ Cinci in the final game, they could lose at least one of those, those should be tough road games.

Meanwhile, it seems just week to week with us. But honestly, I don't mind playing a wildcard team at home. I've seen a lot of 1 and 2 seeds look sluggish after that one week rest.
Told you the defense had em. Sucks about the glass players though. I hope they all make a speedy yet complete recovery.
I have not read the chron.com Texans headlines this morning but it should read:

Texans "D" Rises To The Occasion Once Again!

But there should be a sub-headline:

T. J. Doesn't Lose It!

With that said, let's put yesterday's game into perspective. The Texans have had a break out season but let's be realistic. The Texans are not getting to the Promised Land with a Rookie QB who was drafted in the 5th round of the NFL Draft. We had a realistic chance to get to the Super Bowl but that came to an end when Matt Schaub went down for the season!
  • Satin
  • 12-05-2011, 07:07 AM
" QB Yates passes test before, during and after game"....

" He was very poised. Yates did more than just manage the game. He made some strong throws, including a gorgeous 50-yard pass to Andre to set up the Texans first touchdown. Johnson said he likes to throw deep. Yates is much more mobile than the two Matts. His 2 scrambles for 10 yards in a lengthy drive to the game-winning touchdown put him ahead of Schaub and Leinert in rushing yards this SEASON." - Direct quote from chron.com

5th round pick? Hmmm...Tom Brady was a 6th round pick taken as the 199th player in the draft. Not sure how that argument makes any sense... Worked out pretty good for New England right?

I'm just happy we have a young hungry QB that can scramble, make strong throws and lead us on game-winning drives. Excellent start for the Rook. I like our chances with the running game, offensive line and defense we have on the field. Have a seat Dopey, take notes baby!!!

Good post as usual Cat-Man...I can't wait til Tuesday stat day....
Satin layin it down again!!! Great post!! I love it that he took over the QB rushing lead with 10 yards!!! LOL! It sure is nice to have a QB that can extend the play and can run. He also has a nice arm. I like that he throws deep, we need to do that more often(or we did prior to Andre going down) Man Andre needs to go to Avalon daily and get that hammy worked over!! Take notes Dopey! ROTFLMAO!!!!

I loved it when the crowd starting chanting TJ, TJ, TJ!!! It was loud yesterday!!

Magic number is 2 games. Any combination of Texans wins or Titans losses and the Texans clinch a playoff birth.

Week 14 has New Orleans at Tennessee, Who Dat Mfer!!!

After that the Titans have an easy Week 15 matchup at Indy, then host the Jags in week 16. Then the showdown against the Texans on the Final Week of the season. We should be clinched by then with one more victory and if the Saints come thru for us.
I hope the young man continues to improve each week. He has gotten an opportunity to prove what he can do on a big stage, and with a good team behind him. A lot of the early round draft picked QBs go to lousy teams, and start at a disadvantage. TJ had found himself dropped into a playoff contender, and it's up to him to make it work. Would like to see a controversy at this position in next years training camp, it would be good for the Texans.

Riding all these bandwagons is making me dizzy............
Yes, I did say it!!
If Tebow can ride a good offensive line and stingy defense and extend a play here and there......then by golly GIVE TJ THE DAMN BALL!!!

One thing for sure injuries are a part of the game......the sticking point is when those injuries occur. Fortunately, for the Texans they have stayed healthy in the trenches. Mario who???

So now to talk about a real team.......Yes, my Cowboys lost and i am pissed but not disheartened. I'm not even going to bash a couple if stupid moves by a young head coach. I just hope Jerry Jones is as patient as Bob McNair is with a coach that makes bonehead moves sometimes!!!

And Satin....leave dopey alone.....let him draw his paycheck and get press for getting them this far............though it's going to look pretty bad on him if the Texans continue to win.
Awesome game yesterday. I am still hoarse! Reliant was LOUD!!!

A great "show me" win for the Texans for sure.

I like that Yates balanced the attack this week. 9 first downs rushing, 9 receiving even though we ran 19 more times than we thew it!

9 of 18 on third down leaves a little room for improvement but 50% is damn solid for a rookie signal caller.

Taking care of the ball, winning T.O.P. and minimizing the penalties are all hidden stats that made this an outing for the kid that the whole league is talking about. All I have heard is everybody saying that the team must be pretty damn solid from top to bottom to lose all of the starters that we have and still be near the top. I hope they can get Andre healthy for a playoff run.
Lollipop fingers needs to call better plays but this could work.

I saw audibles, passes with some zip to them, accuracy and deep passes. Matt who? I imagine with each real game, he'll only only get better.

Awaiting to see how bad the fall out is though from the last set of injuries. I'm nervous for Foster. I would like Tate to get more touches but not cause we ran one back into ground.
Fallout:
Coach Kubiak says WR Andre Johnson has a mild hamstring injury and is "day-to-day." LB Brian Cushing has a "sore knee" and is expected to play Week 14. P Brett Hartmann is out for the season with a torn ACL.
Day to day?
....BUT, he did look pretty good from what little I saw of the game and the replays. Poised, not easily rattled and played smart, but let's not put him up there with Brady yet - not even pro Bowl selection.

Happy now that I posted, playa? Some of us have to work weekends and have SOBs for bosses. I'm not reading the rest of this thread , but for your benefit, I'll say it.

Satin was RIGHT! Satin was RIGHT! Satin was RIGHT!

Happy now? Hell, even gator42 got one right this time with his score prediction. And while he may have had a great 1st start, he ain't Tim Tebow. That one's for Wakeup.