NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

Here is something to consider on Tom Savage, it is the 10,000 hour rule. Here is summary is what it is about.

In the early 1990s, a team of psychologists in Berlin, Germany studied violin students. Specifically, they studied their practice habits in childhood, adolescence, and adulthood. All of the subjects were asked this question: “Over the course of your entire career, ever since you first picked up the violin, how many hours have you practiced?”

All of the violinists had begun playing at roughly five years of age with similar practice times. However, at age eight, practice times began to diverge. By age twenty, the elite performers averaged more than 10,000 hours of practice each, while the less able performers had only 4,000 hours of practice.

The elite had more than double the practice hours of the less capable performers.

One fascinating point of the study: No “naturally gifted” performers emerged. If natural talent had played a role, we would expect some of the “naturals” to float to the top of the elite level with fewer practice hours than everyone else. But the data showed otherwise. The psychologists found a direct statistical relationship between hours of practice and achievement. No shortcuts. No naturals.

Tom Savage played one year of college ball and then did not pay for over 2 years, more than a 1,000 days. Those missed days of practice will delay his development.
Soooooooooooo......

The plan is to go 3-13 or 4-12 & hope that Jamies Winston isn't in jail by this time next year. IJA
Get over it. I'm sure the Rams organization wasn't too happy with that display. I'm sure the Rams players will say the PC stuff, but they're shaking their heads after seeing that. It is what it is. At least Sam looks like the top guy in that relationship. Originally Posted by bambino
There's nothing for me to 'get over' as I simply stated my opinion on that matter! I'm actually much more repulsed and pissed off by the number of pro football studs who are straight up heterosexual and they get their kicks by physically abusing and beating their girlfriends, wives, etcetera!
Clowney with poor workout habits three sacks last year and chronic bone spur problems and they pick him number one overall and pass on Khalil Mack ....it still pisses me off
Pure business decision by Bob McNair too get the most over hyped player too get more revenue for the Texans .
When Clowney gets in the Texas heat for two a days training camp we will see if he is for real or not
Michael Sam said he'll use every ounce to take advantage of the moment.

Then I thought, "ounce" an ounce of cum/semen?

Then it hit me, Michael Sam more than likely sucks dick and allows cum in his mouth..

fuckin' gross..
Texans have a better chance at winning a superbowl and contending for a playoff spot next season with VY under center than Tom Savage or any of the other hacks we have.

As shitty as VY is he as at least made the playoffs and has had success in the regular season, Fitz and Keenum haven't done shit. Savage is a rookie, rookie's don't do shit, Dre is not going to be going all out for another rookie.
Clowney with poor workout habits three sacks last year and chronic bone spur problems and they pick him number one overall and pass on Khalil Mack ....it still pisses me off
Pure business decision by Bob McNair too get the most over hyped player too get more revenue for the Texans .
When Clowney gets in the Texas heat for two a days training camp we will see if he is for real or not Originally Posted by carkido45
Mack would have been a joke of a pick at number one, you know he went number FIVE, right?
Here is something to consider on Tom Savage, it is the 10,000 hour rule. Here is summary is what it is about.

In the early 1990s, a team of psychologists in Berlin, Germany studied violin students. Specifically, they studied their practice habits in childhood, adolescence, and adulthood. All of the subjects were asked this question: “Over the course of your entire career, ever since you first picked up the violin, how many hours have you practiced?”

All of the violinists had begun playing at roughly five years of age with similar practice times. However, at age eight, practice times began to diverge. By age twenty, the elite performers averaged more than 10,000 hours of practice each, while the less able performers had only 4,000 hours of practice.

The elite had more than double the practice hours of the less capable performers.

One fascinating point of the study: No “naturally gifted” performers emerged. If natural talent had played a role, we would expect some of the “naturals” to float to the top of the elite level with fewer practice hours than everyone else. But the data showed otherwise. The psychologists found a direct statistical relationship between hours of practice and achievement. No shortcuts. No naturals.

Tom Savage played one year of college ball and then did not pay for over 2 years, more than a 1,000 days. Those missed days of practice will delay his development. Originally Posted by BigLouie
Vick went to the hoosegow for 2 yrs and came back and played well for a season. He was in his 30's. Cassius Clay took a few years off and became Heavy Weight champ. I don't either could play a Stradivarius though. ROLMAO!
When does training camp start? Around July 15? Can't Wait!!!

I watched a good piece of Clowney's bowl game. He was very disruptive the whole game. He better bring it!!!

Rick Smith was asking the king's ransom for the #1 pick in any trade. In my opinion he was asking too much. 3 #1's?? C'mon man!!! I think he was just doing that so he could stick to his choice of drafting Clowney. In other words he pussied out again, it's the Texan way!!

B'OB is trying to change that by bringing in the beef and toughness. It's good he sees the problem of pussyism from top to bottom and he is trying to fix it. It starts with McNuttles McNair, then pussy picker Smith.

I will say this, Fitz is a slight upgrade to Dopey and Keenum. TJ is unknown as it seems he might have regressed under the Keenum love fest. TJ got fucked by Kubes and McNuttless in playing Keenum do to a popularity contest. He may never recover. Fitz is smart guy and he torched us the year he came to Reliant with the Rams, that was fucking ugly!!! I am a bit worried with Fitz because when in Buffalo he never threw deep. Buff didn't have a deep threat is one of the reasons why but that better change this year with our WR's. I think it will as it seems B'OB is heading toward a power running game which sets up play action deep stuff very well.

Hurry up and get here September!!!
Defense should also be slightly better as Clowney is an upgrade from Ninja and or Brooks Reid. Ninja wasn't bad, Reid kinda sucks as he never got to the QB. Cush back will help a lot. The new Nose Tackle beef should help Cush and whoever is the other inside backer to run free and make plays. The secondary still sucks ass. JJo better get his shit together this year. Our safeties suck, Swearinger is all hype and slow. The other safety is a retread from the Dolphins or Slow ass Keo.

Where is the Snatch man Willie? I need some Snatch pics to help me make it thru the dog days of summer. Any of you other guys ever post snatch pics??? C'mon Man!!!
When does training camp start? Around July 15? Can't Wait!!!

I watched a good piece of Clowney's bowl game. He was very disruptive the whole game. He better bring it!!!

Rick Smith was asking the king's ransom for the #1 pick in any trade. In my opinion he was asking too much. 3 #1's?? C'mon man!!! I think he was just doing that so he could stick to his choice of drafting Clowney. In other words he pussied out again, it's the Texan way!!

B'OB is trying to change that by bringing in the beef and toughness. It's good he sees the problem of pussyism from top to bottom and he is trying to fix it. It starts with McNuttles McNair, then pussy picker Smith.

I will say this, Fitz is a slight upgrade to Dopey and Keenum. TJ is unknown as it seems he might have regressed under the Keenum love fest. TJ got fucked by Kubes and McNuttless in playing Keenum do to a popularity contest. He may never recover. Fitz is smart guy and he torched us the year he came to Reliant with the Rams, that was fucking ugly!!! I am a bit worried with Fitz because when in Buffalo he never threw deep. Buff didn't have a deep threat is one of the reasons why but that better change this year with our WR's. I think it will as it seems B'OB is heading toward a power running game which sets up play action deep stuff very well.

Hurry up and get here September!!! Originally Posted by Daddio
You're right, Clowney bitch slapped Wisconsin's OL the whole game.Hey I rooted big time for VY and UT against USC. He dominated. But he's had ample time to become an NFL QB. It didn't pan out. He's ship has sailed. CYa Vinnie.
Vick went to the hoosegow for 2 yrs and came back and played well for a season. He was in his 30's. Cassius Clay took a few years off and became Heavy Weight champ. I don't either could play a Stradivarius though. ROLMAO! Originally Posted by bambino
Yes but by the time they took the break they had already built up the required practice and game hours
Yes but by the time they took the break they had already built up the required practice and game hours Originally Posted by BigLouie
ROLMAO! You think Savage sat on his ass for 2 years? He PLAYED and practiced last year too. Ted Williams went to WW2 for 3yrs, came back and was MVP and Triple Crown winner. He also took a year off for the Korean War. Crashed his jet and broke his back. He returned to MLB and promptly won 2 more batting titles. The great Ben Hogan got crushed in a car crash. Took years to recover, win several majors afterward. Your study is BALONEY. Try as you must, but you still score as high on the Wonderlic as VY........6
Texans have a better chance at winning a superbowl and contending for a playoff spot next season with VY under center than Tom Savage or any of the other hacks we have.

As shitty as VY is he as at least made the playoffs and has had success in the regular season, Fitz and Keenum haven't done shit. Savage is a rookie, rookie's don't do shit, Dre is not going to be going all out for another rookie. Originally Posted by TheDon
Vince Young! Give me a break. Look at all the teams that have released him. He is totally finished
ROLMAO! You think Savage sat on his ass for 2 years? He PLAYED and practiced last year too. Ted Williams went to WW2 for 3yrs, came back and was MVP and Triple Crown winner. He also took a year off for the Korean War. Crashed his jet and broke his back. He returned to MLB and promptly won 2 more batting titles. The great Ben Hogan got crushed in a car crash. Took years to recover, win several majors afterward. Your study is BALONEY. Try as you must, but you still score as high on the Wonderlic as VY........6 Originally Posted by bambino
The examples you are giving are people already past the 10,000 hour mark and established as elite. And just about everyone in sports excepts the 10,000 hour rule. Do some research