NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

The worst screw job by the Heisman was Archie Griffin over Walter Payton.
The worst screw job by the Heisman was Archie Griffin over Walter Payton. Originally Posted by BigLouie
Really? How so?

Griffin 1974, 1695 yds rushing
Payton 1974, 1029 yds rushing
Can't you get anything right? Originally Posted by bambino
What 'chu talkin' about, Willis? This is our very own BL you're talking to!

BL appears to have gotten it right (and Kubes got it wrong) when Devin McCourty was passed over by the Texans, for K. Jackson.

I feel quite certain BL also knew prior to the Texans drafting JJ Watt, that he would soon be one of the premier defensive players in the entire NFL. And quite possibly in NFL history!

I suspect BL also predicted that a 6th round draft choice named Tom Brady would one day be one of the greatest QB's in NFL history.

Way to go BL, we are fortunate to have your vast NFL wisdom and expertise here in the Houston Sandbox!

Disclaimer: As is always the case, hindsight is 20/20! Especially as it relates to NFL draft picks.
Putting up with the Pussy Mentality of McNuttless and Kuntiak for too long has Pussified Andre Johnson. B'OB has his work cut out for him to install some balls on this team of gashes.

I was a big #80 fan and still am until he misses the first mandatory training day. If that happens I will boo his ass just like I did Dopey's sorry ass before any other fucktard joins in!!

Andre should be talking about winning the division and not pussying out like he is!! And he better get busy because the Jags are coming. I am glad the Titans still don't know what the fuck they are doing. And the Colts suck except for Luck. Very winnable division, even for PUSSIES!!
Putting up with the Pussy Mentality of McNuttless and Kuntiak for too long has Pussified Andre Johnson. B'OB has his work cut out for him to install some balls on this team of gashes.

I was a big #80 fan and still am until he misses the first mandatory training day. If that happens I will boo his ass just like I did Dopey's sorry ass before any other fucktard joins in!!

Andre should be talking about winning the division and not pussying out like he is!! And he better get busy because the Jags are coming. I am glad the Titans still don't know what the fuck they are doing. And the Colts suck except for Luck. Very winnable division, even for PUSSIES!! Originally Posted by Daddio
Watching the Texans from afar, it appeared that Kubiak was the biggest problem. He doesn't seem like a leader of men and lost the team. BOB is the exact opposite. No excuse guy. I think the 2/14 season was an aberration. Looks like they have more talent on the roster than Indy. If Luck gets injured, and he takes a beating, the Texans could be right back in the playoffs. Looks like they had a good draft. Watt, Clowney and Nix could be special. While QB is the most important position, defense still wins championships. Johnson should quit the bitching. He's getting paid handsomely, a trade doesn't gaurentee a championship. BOB will get him on the same page.
Charles Woodson. At least he was a star in the NFL. Fitz came in second to the QB from Oklahoma with 2 bad knees. Never played a down in the NFL. I forget the fuckers name. Originally Posted by bambino
Yeah, Woodson! Thanks for the correct name! BTW where did Fitzgerald play collegiate football?
Yeah, Woodson! Thanks for the correct name! BTW where did Fitzgerald play collegiate football? Originally Posted by Solemate62
Pitt, saw him play several times. He made circus catches every week. Great guy too.
Really? How so?

Griffin 1974, 1695 yds rushing
Payton 1974, 1029 yds rushing Originally Posted by bambino
Payton also was the kicker, kicking field goals and extra points.
This will be the third re-building effort since Andre got drafted. He has good reason to be pissed. Although every one hated Schaub I feel the team is actually worse off now in terms of QB. I don't think this year is going to be pretty. Our defense will wear down because our offense can't stay on the field.
Way to go BL, we are fortunate to have your vast NFL wisdom and expertise here in the Houston Sandbox! Originally Posted by bigtex
Yes you are. Hey how did your prediction of a trade down by the Texans in the first round go?
Let him skip days, think, huff and puff; Ultimately ignore it. These activities are optional anyway. It's his right. I think EVERYONE is frustrated. Ain't nobody else got $25+ million to make us feel better about it. He getting paid. He ain't asking to be traded. I think ultimately it's his loss missing the meetings but whatever. Shit's about team building and he should be getting in it.

He's begroaning the team, but he ain't even at the OTA to see these four dudes take snaps. I mean they haven't even said who the QB is, have they? He looked so happy when Case making shit happen. He never went on TV and cried about Schaub being his QB. Just saying shit could be better than we know now that folks ain't hung up on Schaub; Or Manziel for that matter. I do wish we were spoiled with a Rodgers, Brady, Manning, or Brees. Hell, even the sub-elites would be a nice feeling; But I can't say we've really seen any of these four dudes work. We just know they have some bench riding experience. And had bad play callers.

Also, it's plenty of old dudes who could probably tell him, jumping teams don't solve shit. Hell, Reed could tell him that shit. Talking about jumping over here to help Johnson get a ring. Ride it out and get money.

-Offensive line got upgrades.
-Defensive line got upgrades.
-He has another solid WR on the other side of the ball. With a decent year under his belt.
-The QB he getting into arguments with is gone.
-The predictable coaching is gone. (Hopefully)
-Cushing is back.
-Team doesn't have to struggle more than half the season with an injured RB. (Hopefully)
-The crappy playbook is gone hopefully. Hopefully it's more diverse and about him catching deeper passes.

Schedule looking ripe though. I think Texans can still pull 1 or 2 for the division. Still don't believe in Jaguars or Titans. Man I wish football season was here.

Sidenote: I'm going to miss Ben. I always liked him better than Foster. But like Remy Shand say, it's just the way I feel.
Yes you are. Hey how did your prediction of a trade down by the Texans in the first round go? Originally Posted by BigLouie
As I recall my prediction was that they would try to trade down, which they did do. The Texans asking price was apparently too high, but I am glad they put a ceiling and a floor on the pick and stuck to their guns. I sure as hell did not want the Texans to give up the pick and not get much in return.

I did very clearly state that the very least that would occur would be the Texans would use the #1 pick on Clowney (which they did do). On the other hand, you stated the Texans would use the #1 pick on KMack, not Clowney. BTW, how did that work out for you?

I did get a huge kick out of your initial reaction immediately following the Clowney selection when you bellowed out that the Clowney pick was "as expected." I sincerely hope KMack didn't hit his head against your windshield from the sudden stop!
Payton also was the kicker, kicking field goals and extra points. Originally Posted by BigLouie
Are you fooling around or dreadfully stupid? I'm voting the latter.
Yes, he (Larry Fitzgerald) is a man very deserving of someday getting That Ring, unfortunately, like Tony Gonzalez, the hill to climb is very steep indeed!
Yes, he (Larry Fitzgerald) is a man very deserving of someday getting That Ring, unfortunately, like Tony Gonzalez, the hill to climb is very steep indeed! Originally Posted by Solemate62
Gonzales never bitched about it and neither has Fitz.