NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

He played better than Hoyer. The Browns are in trouble. No stud QB and the O-line is below average. Originally Posted by BigLouie
The kid from South Carolina played better than both of them. JFF's game won't translate to the NFL. He's gonna get tuned up. Guys are gunning for him. Johnny Flipping Football.
Manziel will be fine just not against afc north teams
I detect a thread of envy from some of the posters, with respect to the sharp criticism of JFF. Envy because he's with the Browns and not wearing a Texans jersey. Give the kid a fucking chance already!
JFF may develop into a pro QB, but it won't be any time soon. He's not mentally tough enough to be a QB in the NFL. He's too much of a spoiled rich kid. Long term? We'll see...
JJ Watt is making noise about his contract. I fully expect Rick Smith to fumble that one. I just hope that Rick is replaced at the end of the year and someone new comes in and takes care of things.
Franchise tag coming for him
McNair is talking stupid. The Texans are going to ruin this for sure
McNair is acting like an idiot. No make that he is an idiot. He is talking about taking a "team first" approach in contract negotiations with Watt and using the franchise tag on Watt 2 years in a row which would royally piss off Watt. This would be a total disrespect of Watt. Really is McNair that stupid. It would seem so. I fully expect Rick Smith and McNair to make a mess of this and have it blow up in their faces.
The Cleveland Browns will start Brian Hoyer over Johnny Manziel in Week 1 against the Pittsburgh Steelers, the team announced on Wednesday.
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/why-cl...133257703.html
I'm afraid that the Texans are counting on a less productive JJ due to scheme and the fact that they have Clowney.
That's gonna bite them in the ass when he comes up with another record year. JJ is not going to let Clowney have better numbers than him. NO WAY!
Damn, it sure is that time of year again. Like daddy Mac said, it's time to get in their with the fucking ox!!!!!
  • Satin
  • 08-20-2014, 10:46 PM
Cool, even JM takes a few minutes off from throat fucking snatch to join the thread. Good job bro!

I still haven't watched the game. I'm glad they woke up.

I hope they do the right thing with JJ. He should be the highest paid defensive player. Hopefully Rick won't fuck it up.

JFF flips the bird to the Redskins bench. I can see it now - he's gonna get hurt if he gets to play much.
JJ Watt is making noise about his contract. I fully expect Rick Smith to fumble that one. I just hope that Rick is replaced at the end of the year and someone new comes in and takes care of things. Originally Posted by BigLouie
Eh I wouldn't say "noise" as much as that it should be a thing. Other folks run they mouth far more when it comes to contracts.

Franchise tag coming for him Originally Posted by jstone420
Franchise tag is still a good pay day. If they do go that route I hope they speak with him and actually get him behind it in the name of moving the money around so that they can get the right people on the team.

Just slapping the tag on him though, like they did Dunte would create someone running out the door ASAP. The dude wants to win more than Andre, and he's closer to seeing the exit. Anybody in the league would pay big money for him. It's not like Texans got the best contract he could get.

I don't think the defense would lean heavily in Watt or Clowney's favor. I think the first line of defense is being setup as more important as a whole. That secondary though? Questionable.

It's not like they got the toughest schedule. I expect a decent season. At least they look like they should be able to put up a decent fight.
McNair is throwing out hints that they will let JJ Watt play out the last two years of his contract and then tag him for two and then let him walk. By the second tag Watt is going to be one pissed off player. McNair the Stupid will just say that it is a team first approach as the team is again terrible.

I think the whole focus of the defense this year will be Watt and Clowney. I think they are counting on those two to cause enough pressure on the QB that it will cover up just how bad, really bad the DBs and Safeties are.

It is pretty clear that the Texans will be a run first team. Long passes, fly routes are going to be rare and far inbetween. Going to be a lot of short passes. We are going to run when people expect us to run and pass when they expect us to pass. Fritz is not going to excite anyone. As long as the team has this trio of QBs the team is just going to be so-so
Just heard Sam Bradford tore the same ACL as last year, I take no pleasure in saying his career is toast!