NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

• Satin
  • 10-10-2014, 05:54 PM
"With all due respect" my brother D.....Mean Joe was good, but he's not in that class of guys man. Sorry.

What you need to be worried about is facing the Texans in your place on Monday night, October 20th. Oh, maybe not so much....
All y'all hatin on Mean Joe...the man even had a Coca Cola commercial back in the day

I ain't worried about MNF on the 20th...your Texans sure do have enough time to prepare for that ass whooping though
  • Satin
  • 10-11-2014, 03:27 AM
Man, I've never cared much about Shittsburgh but I did like Mean Joe. That commercial was whack though, no wonder he never got any acting gigs after that.

Well you don't have to be worried about us playa, but you DO remember 17-10 right?

That game pissed me off. When I walked into Reliant stadium after tailgating, I could have sworn I was at Heinz Field. There were so many gold terrible towels being waved around, it gave me a sick feeling to my stomach. But we went out there and bitch-slapped your boys, and I can't wait for them to do it again!
Yes, I remember 17-10...and I also remember a Texan home game looking like a Steeler home game

What it looked like that day...
Terrible_Towel_crowd.jpg

Up close and personal
Six_Time_Champs_Towel.jpg
  • Seedy
  • 10-11-2014, 08:35 AM

Up close and personal
Attachment 357731 Originally Posted by DickEmDown
I got one of those also. ^^^^^^ Lol
Little known fact. NFL films wanted to put America's Team tag on the Steelers but they had too much class and preferred to earn it.
  • Satin
  • 10-12-2014, 02:36 AM
I think they might have the largest fan base. They damn sure travel the most.

Seedy, man I got one of those "Turrible Towels" that day. I used it to wipe my ass for about a week. Kinda like what the Texans did to those sorry asses after we whupped them!!
And the shit talking has started. I love it!!! LMAO!

My BFF is a Steeler Fan and he is from DeRidder, Louisiana. They are all over the place. I was a fan back in the 70's and 80's but the Oilers were always #1.

I really used to love watching this guy.

I know you're being tongue-in-cheek per that comment, Louie. While NFL Films did indeed come up with the nickname, Cowboy fans never asked for nor ever wanted it. In fact, Landry and Schramm both hated it when it was first coined. But once it was out there ('78, right?), the national press / television ran with it and it's stuck ever since.

But let's be honest: Patriot and Steeler fans for years have felt their teams were more deserving of the nickname (much more than Dallas) and they've stated their reasons why. Personally, as a Cowboy fan, I couldn't care less...either of y'all can have it. It was a stupid moniker then and remains so even today.

Hell, give it to the Iggle fans for that matter....they've not won jack sh*t in decades but maybe it'll make them feel better about having to live in Philadelphia and they'll finally shut their traps.

Little known fact. NFL films wanted to put America's Team tag on the Steelers but they had too much class and preferred to earn it. Originally Posted by BigLouie
  • TheDr
  • 10-12-2014, 03:46 PM
I know you're being tongue-in-cheek per that comment, Louie. While NFL Films did indeed come up with the nickname, Cowboy fans never asked for nor ever wanted it. In fact, Landry and Schramm both hated it when it was first coined. But once it was out there ('78, right?), the national press / television ran with it and it's stuck ever since.

But let's be honest: Patriot and Steeler fans for years have felt their teams were more deserving of the nickname (much more than Dallas) and they've stated their reasons why. Personally, as a Cowboy fan, I couldn't care less...either of y'all can have it. It was a stupid moniker then and remains so even today.

Hell, give it to the Iggle fans for that matter....they've not won jack sh*t in decades but maybe it'll make them feel better about having to live in Philadelphia and they'll finally shut their traps. Originally Posted by Chateau Becot
Damn Chateau I hate agreeing with you yet AGAIN but all are good points. Dallas ran with it once it was out there but damn sure didn't ask for the 'America's Team' moniker. And yea Landry and Schramm didn't like it. Not sure how Murchison felt or Gil Brandt.

I will say though, not sure much of anything will make Eagles fans happy first off. Secondly, nothing can make them feel good about living in Philly. Lol

Pulling for the hometown team but my squad is SF. But I hate arguing with Steeler fans 'cause they have 6 rings now and my boyz only have 5. Damn it! Screw that freakin' towel. And yea those guys travel well. May be the true America's Team.
Damn all the QBs the Texans passed on are looking real good. Carr, Bridgewater, Bortles.
  • Satin
  • 10-12-2014, 03:52 PM
Hey DED! Did you by any chance see the game today man? It looks like your Steelers had a pretty hard time containing Brian Hoyer and Ben Tate huh?

We looking forward to the 20th even more now!!!

Browns 31-10 in a blowout!!!!
Damn all the QBs the Texans passed on are looking real good. Carr, Bridgewater, Bortles. Originally Posted by BigLouie
Are you now saying that in the final minutes leading up to the Texans making the first selection in the 2014 NFL Draft that you felt the Texans should have used the #1 pick on "Carr, Bridgewater or Bortles?"
  • TheDr
  • 10-12-2014, 05:23 PM
Yeah I noticed that ass whipping as well. I know it's a divisional game but damn, the Browns? The Texans may have a fighting chance at Heinz field.

As I watch the Cowboys blow open holes for DeMarco Murray, I guess JJ the GM should get some credit for building a helluva O line via the draft. Those fellas are putting in work up there in Seattle today. Very impressive. Seattle came into the game with the number 1 run defense in the league.
  • Satin
  • 10-12-2014, 05:42 PM
Wow, the Girls win in Seattle?!! Very impressive win, congrats fellas. Looks like they're the real deal. I love to see the 'Hawks get beat. Richard Sherman and the whole team talks way too much shit.

Way to go Sherman, looks like you got toasted again!