Guns

I hope you are warned a head of time so you know it is coming usually you are attacked by surprise, I have experienced it!!! You will need gun in hand locked and loaded. Originally Posted by Cody69
How would they sneak into my house without me hearing them? My handgun is always loaded as well as my semi automatic shotgun. I don’t even have to aim. I can blow my door off and who’s behind it.
Argue with google, that is where the information came from. Maybe there is a MEGA Google that tells it differently. Share your information.

It is the same for the record. Originally Posted by Cody69
I don’t care If it came from Jesus H Christ, it’s wrong. Maybe argue topics that you don’t have to Google your arguments.
Sorry if it doesn't serve a particular agenda for particular people, but there is most certainly a category of guns called "assault rifles".

https://time.com/6278608/ar-15-rifle...eapons-uvalde/

Experts like T. Logan Metesh, a firearms historian, tell TIME that historically, an assault rifle was defined as a fully-automatic fire rifle and that today,an assault rifle is defined as a “firearm capable of selective-fire,” which he says precludes the AR-15 from being in that category.

That said, the AR-15 is not one of them, and AR stands for "ArmaLite Rifle"
I don’t care If it came from Jesus H Christ, it’s wrong. Maybe argue topics that you don’t have to Google your arguments. Originally Posted by Jacuzzme
Maybe start you own perfect Thread for once instead of trying to belittle mind with false information. It is the same caliber. I am sure others are available but that is the standard.
I could be in agreement with that definition, if there absolutely MUST be one. There really doesn’t need to be though, just call a firearm what it is. Civilian ARs are a semi-automatic sporting carbines. End of story, no further description necessary.
Maybe start you own perfect Thread for once instead of trying to belittle mind with false information. It is the same caliber. I am sure others are available but that is the standard. Originally Posted by Cody69
Except there is no standard. An AR is whatever you want it to be, one of the many reasons why they’re so popular. It’s a platform, nothing more.
all these argument about ar rifles..
i missed it i guess. how many ar 15s were used in parade shooting?
all these argument about ar rifles..
i missed it i guess. how many ar 15s were used in parade shooting? Originally Posted by simon469
AR-15s have been the weapon of choice for many, many mass shootings. One not being used in the most recent high profile mass shooting doesn't change that fact.
Many many defined as a small fraction of them.
Many many defined as a small fraction of them. Originally Posted by Jacuzzme
Actually, almost every high profile shooting in recent years.
Which makes one question why they’re high profile. The answer is obvious.
They're high profile because they're the largest, with the most casualties. The most egregiously anti-freedom murders.
That or there’s an anti scary looking rifle agenda or, nobody cares if gang bangers shoot each other en masse (the number one cause of death for young black men is homicide).

It’s all so stupid. Such anger and consternation over something that the average person has less of a chance of dying from than getting trampled by a feral rhinoceros. Don’t we have something important to worry about?

WTH is an anti-freedom murder?
That or there’s an anti scary looking rifle agenda or, nobody cares if gang bangers shoot each other en masse (the number one cause of death for young black men is homicide).

It’s all so stupid. Such anger and consternation over something that the average person has less of a chance of dying from than getting trampled by a feral rhinoceros. Don’t we have something important to worry about?

WTH is an anti-freedom murder? Originally Posted by Jacuzzme
Gang bangers shooting each other en masse usually only affects the gang bangers themselves. Nearly impossible to prevent completely, but if you're not out roaming gang-ridden streets yourself, you're generally safe from that behavior.

We're trying to prevent someone going into a night club, or a school or a parade or a concert, where people are gathered to enjoy their freedom, and having the potential to kill dozens of people in 2 minutes or less.

Surely, you can admit there's a difference there.
Do you know how many rounds can be put through a Beretta M9 (or any other decent sidearm) in 2 minutes?

This isn’t an argument for or against gun control, there’s legitimate arguments on both sides. What’s at issue is the hoopla to ban a particular weapon that’s responsible for so little gun crime that it’s nearly nonexistent.