Up yours USMC!

A slacker's half-ass attempt at a salute is all Odumbo gave those Marines, slingblade. That's not "military courtesy", slingblade. And exactly how do you find ...

... discourteous, slingblade? After all, "look it up" was originally your injunction, slingblade.

BTW, slingblade, you couldn't even begin to guess how many times I made ready to salute by correctly, and with fore thought, shifting carried items from the right hand to the left hand. Exactly how many times did you stop and exit your vehicle in order to salute the flag at the end of a duty day, slingblade?
Originally Posted by I B Hankering
The bottom line is Obama could never please you so you jump at ever chance. Military Courtesy is to not to react such as you have and any salute or any attempt should be graciously accepted. I think that maybe you should practice your courtesy instead always calling names. Lead by example think of it as practicing your " bracing". You mention that you did it with forethought Do you know what may have been on Obama's mind at the time or if anything may have distracted him?

I have no respect for people that throw out the fact they served like it makes them superior. I have all the respect for those that are benevolent about it.
The bottom line is Obama could never please you so you jump at ever chance. Military Courtesy is to not to react such as you have and any salute or any attempt should be graciously accepted. I think that maybe you should practice your courtesy instead always calling names. Lead by example think of it as practicing your " bracing". You mention that you did it with forethought Do you know what may have been on Obama's mind at the time or if anything may have distracted him?

I have no respect for people that throw out the fact they served like it makes them superior. I have all the respect for those that are benevolent about it
. Originally Posted by slingblade
Didn't single YOU out with any name calling, slingblade. And the "throw out the fact they served" part was in direct reply to your question, slingblade ...

... can you honestly say that you have shown Military Courtesy to anyone? Originally Posted by slingblade
... or had you forgotten? Suffice it to say, and with all **due respect**, slingblade, don't posit stupid questions if you're not prepared to have your teeny-weeny, lib-retarded feelings hurt.

Regarding Odumbo: his people needn't have picked that particular video for public release. That they stupidly chose to do so, serves to underscore how clueless Odumbo, et al, are about the military and the men and women who serve. That incognizance is a reflection of Odumbo's, et al, low regard for the military and the men and women who serve. Odumbo reaps what he sows.
Half ass salute from a jackass president !
Commander in chief of the most powerful military the world has ever known, and never spent a day in his life on active or reserve duty. Not even the Boy Scouts. How would you expect him to respect a simple military courtesy? This is where the all volunteer military has lead, a pot smoking, foreign raised, community organizer elected with Goldman Sachs money, white guilt, and minority block voting. Bunch of deceased U.S. presidents, rolling in their graves at the lack of principled leadership and the indifference of an uneducated electorate to not only tolerate, but twice elect this poser.
Reagan was the one that started the trend of returning the salute even though it is against protocol to do so. Reagan... asked General Barrow for permission basically so he could break protocol to serve his agenda. Originally Posted by slingblade

Tell me something. Exactly what "agenda" was Reagan promoting through the simple act of saluting? Some menacing, sinister, far-right wacko conservative agenda? Like showing appreciation for those in uniform? How scandalous!

I assume Reagan did because he was used to playing a pretend soldier and was in the habit of it. Originally Posted by slingblade

Oh wait, now you say he was just "playing a pretend soldier". That doesn't sound like much of an "agenda" to me. Sorta like you pretending to be knowledgeable, slingblade.

Didn't single YOU out with any name calling, slingblade. And the "throw out the fact they served" part was in direct reply to your question, slingblade ...

... or had you forgotten? Suffice it to say, and with all **due respect**, slingblade, don't posit stupid questions if you're not prepared to have your teeny-weeny, lib-retarded feelings hurt.
Originally Posted by I B Hankering
You didn't call me any kind of a name . I was referring to what you called the POTUS.

There was no reason for you to bring up your military experience, it had no bearing on the conversation.

I don't know what I "forgot" but the disclaimer of "with all due respect" does not give you the okay to respond with "teeny-weeny, lib-retarded" I have never called anyone a name but I do know that when someone calls me a name it is because it is all they have. Sorry you are such a sore loser but you cant win them all.

I think you have the notion that calling me names will piss me off and I will stoop to the level of name calling don't waste your time. If enduring Rick Perry and Ted Cruz does cause me to get Political Tourette Syndrome like some on here seem to have here nothing will.
Not even the Boy Scouts.
Are you implying he's not gay...
Tell me something, asshole. Exactly what "agenda" was Reagan promoting through the simple act of saluting? Some menacing, sinister, far-right wacko conservative agenda?

I didn't say he was promoting an agenda. The reason Reagan's name even came up in this thread is because of the hypocrites that don't do any research before they post and complain about every tiny thing Obama does.

Oh wait, now you say he was just "playing a pretend soldier". That doesn't sound like much of an "agenda" to me. Sorta like you pretending to be knowledgeable.

The "agenda" around here by some is to undermine the POTUS if he is not their man. Sounds like someone is pretending but it isn't me my friend.
Originally Posted by lustylad

Tell me something what makes you think its okay to call me an asshole?
Have I spoken to you disrespectfully? Is that how grown men speak to one another? Just shows that your team likes to name call and slander to get what they want. Doesn't work on me. Sorry
Commander in chief of the most powerful military the world has ever known, and never spent a day in his life on active or reserve duty. Not even the Boy Scouts. How would you expect him to respect a simple military courtesy? This is where the all volunteer military has lead, a pot smoking, foreign raised, community organizer elected with Goldman Sachs money, white guilt, and minority block voting. Bunch of deceased U.S. presidents, rolling in their graves at the lack of principled leadership and the indifference of an uneducated electorate to not only tolerate, but twice elect this poser. Originally Posted by trident60
Did you mean Deceased or Diseased because the ones normally quoted around here were the latter.
Then Reagan asked General Barrow for permission basically so he could break protocol to serve his agenda. Originally Posted by slingblade
I didn't say he was promoting an agenda. Originally Posted by slingblade
Yes you did, weasel. There is no meaningful difference between “serve” an agenda and “promote” an agenda. So tell me - exactly what agenda was Reagan serving through the simple act of saluting?

Tell me something what makes you think its okay to call me an asshole? Originally Posted by slingblade
I took it out. You put it back in, so you must think it fits. Are you an asshole in addition to being a weasel?
That is right.

The Obama administration is populated with these kinds...the kind who think Obama's kool mannerisms (such as the latte salute) are great.

You know, the kind who come over to your house and put their street shoes on your furniture. Originally Posted by Whirlaway
Fucking idiot. I guess you stand around at attention all day at your job, right? Or, do you only do that when you have a photographer following you around documenting your every move? Come on, man.

Whirly, when you post up ridiculous fucking shit like this, you completely undermine the few salient points that you sometimes manage to make.
Oh shit....look.....Obama isn't the only President who doesn't know how to salute....
Attached Images File Type: png bush1.png (68.0 KB, 81 views)
Hmmm.....somebody refresh my memory about Air Force protocol and procedures when it comes to saluting with a fucking little lap dog in your arms.....does it require that you look like a fucking idiot?
Attached Images File Type: png bush3.png (85.2 KB, 80 views)
....and, by the way...fuck you Admiral and the rest of the mouth-breathers...... Here's one more of your little rich pampered frat boy carrying his tax-payer groomed lap dog while showing "respect" to a couple of US servicemen.
Attached Images File Type: png bush5.png (48.3 KB, 80 views)
  • WTF
  • 09-25-2014, 07:32 PM
Tell me something. Exactly what "agenda" was Reagan promoting through the simple act of saluting? Some menacing, sinister, far-right wacko conservative agenda? Like showing appreciation for those in uniform? How scandalous!

. Originally Posted by lustylad
Reagan knew how to play to an audience. That is all he was doing, he sure has played you. Or maybe it was guilt from not serving in combat when he had the chance.

His growing success also won him a series of deferments from military service (at the request of Warner Brothers) once the United States entered World War II, and then—after he was called up and commissioned an officer in the cavalry—an assignment with an army film unit. He spent the war in California making army training movies at a military base in Los Angeles, with time off to make feature films at Warner Brothers (among them the successful 1943 tribute to the military, This Is the Army ).Much of the time, he lived at home with his family. Despite his later claims to the contrary, he never left the country and never saw combat. But he cooperated with studio public relations efforts to portray him as a soldier, who, like other soldiers, left his family to go "off to war." Feature stories described Wyman bravely carrying on, raising the children and maintaining the household while her man was away. Newsreels and magazine photos depicted Reagan "coming home" for leaves and visits. Reagan later sometimes seemed actually to have believed the ruse. Even decades later, he liked to talk about "coming back from the war," like other veterans, eager to take up family life again (a life that in his case had hardly been interrupted).

Read more: http://www.presidentprofiles.com/Ken...#ixzz3EKkY9Z7N