What is your dream automobile?

Was wondering how long it would take Mokoa to chime in.... but seriously, 1969 Dodge Charger R/T with the "Elephant" 440 Hemi. Traffic court here I come!
I'm surprised how little love Ferrari is getting. if I had truly unlimited funds, my garage toy would be a 599 GTB. Originally Posted by TexTushHog
Hey I gave props!

I don't remember what model the owner said it was, but I do remember him saying it was a 1966. Originally Posted by Ansley
It could well be but it is tough (for me) from the profile shot (who took the pic Meeshee/S. Church?). Either way that one does look in great shape.

What color is your Vette? Originally Posted by SarahAndFriends
I don't own nor have I ever owned one. If I were to get one, yellow or blue. I just like the fun factor of a Z06. The C6 has a much more modern interior. The C5s are affordable now, but the interior could have plucked out of a Chevy pick-up truck. .

{Pix of muscle cars removed to save space} Originally Posted by Mokoa
So Mokoa, I see a pattern between your posted pics (Fire Chicken, Road Runner, Charger, Cobra) and your avatar. Snortin' V8s!!
I am with you..I think certain cars are only a status symbol to say "LOOK AT ME"....I have playmate in NY and he drives a 4 door Mercedes brand new..I told him he was more the Beamer type..He just laughed and said no one has told me that before...LOL...I personally would stick with a nice SUV or Honda or Nissian....
I've had some nice cars over the years, and frankly, cars just don't do it for me much any more. I guess if I had truly unlimited funds, I might have a toy or two in the garage, but I guess I'm just getting old. I'll take semi-elegant, reliable transportation these days. Four door BMW, MB, or Lexus sedans are plenty fine for me. Hell, I'd even drive a Honda and make do. Originally Posted by TexTushHog
I personally would stick with a nice SUV Originally Posted by Irish Vixen
Friends don't let friends drive SUVs. Gimme snow tires and rear wheel drive and get teh hell outta my way.
I'm surprised how little love Ferrari is getting. if I had truly unlimited funds, my garage toy would be a 599 GTB. Originally Posted by TexTushHog
For me the only Ferrari that ever did it was the 456. Maybe the 275 GTS, but I've actually got an old Fiat 124 Spider rotting in the garage between rally weekends so I'm partial to the Pininfarina drop top - I realize it's not for everybody.

Other than that the Ferrari was just too much testosterone. I prefer a little more laid back look. Like a great dress on a woman, you should only get a hint of what's under the hood.

The new Maseratis, especially the Quattroporte, have appeal for me though.

Cheers,
Mazo.
For me the only Ferrari that ever did it was the 456. Maybe the 275 GTS, but I've actually got an old Fiat 124 Spider rotting in the garage ... The new Maseratis, especially the Quattroporte, have appeal for me though. Cheers, Mazo. Originally Posted by Mazomaniac
Ferarri - Fiat. Boy talk about opposites. I do agree on the Maseratis but alas they are afflicted with weight penalties, too.
A couple of months ago I stopped at a restaurant for a cup of coffee and this was parked out front. I looked like this; when I saw it.

Originally Posted by Ansley
Looks like my first Porsche, a 1968 912. Found it in ususable condition and restored it while I was in flight school. Then traded it in for a 1977 911S, then later upgraded to a 1984 Cabriolet. The along came the kid and away went the toys. But damn I love that classic 911 body! And I think the first one was the most fun of all.

Thanks for the reminder Ansley!
Agreed. From a pure adrenaline standpoint the best drive I've ever had was racing a car with the Prancing Horse on the side.
Bentley Continental Spur - A powerful luxury four door.
being a bit of a connoisseur, i am partial to muscle cars... old buicks in particular...

now that being said, you cant beat the old cars.. old bugatti's very nice... packards, pierce arrows, even the hudson hornet was great... you just cant compare yesterdays to todays... the styleing of the old cars, imho, will always blow away new cars with few exceptions.. the Veyron, the new Bentley's,

The aforementioned/pictured (thanks Ansley) Vanquish which is a personal favorite,

and for all you fly boys..
the spyker...
  • 02-15-2011, 03:26 PM
Money being no object go for the SSC Aero made in Washington State

http://www.shelbysupercars.com/photos.php
Looks like my first Porsche, a 1968 912. Thanks for the reminder Ansley! Originally Posted by topguntex
I was thinking it might be a 912.
I always liked the 1967 Shelby Mustang GT500 (This is like the Eleanor model from Gone in 60 Seconds)
I would take a Bentley. One needs to roll in style.
Attached Images File Type: jpg bently.jpg (6.8 KB, 96 views)
I've always loved 911's Just something about that iconic shape. Originally Posted by pjorourke
A man after my own heart: A Porsche 911 Carrera S. I’ve wanted one ever since I saw one for the first time as a young girl. Of course then I had no idea there were high or low end 911’s. It didn’t matter; they was beautiful.

Wouldn’t mind having a Chevelle SS. I used to street drag my boyfriends’ restored ’72 when I was in high school. It was a small block; can’t remember the size. Very fond memories.