I have a Question for the GOP supporters in this forum

By MDA you mean MD Anderson?
Getting Fucked in the Ass is a Libtard pleasure! You love getting fucked in the ass! Originally Posted by therock18

Don't see me asking for it most of your rants are asking for it faggot.
By MDA you mean MD Anderson? Originally Posted by gnadfly
Yes. And it's a sad state of affairs when a state supported institution provides advanced health care for Sheikhs and Shahs from overseas, but not the locals.

Oh, and I forgot to mention, U.S. President's, VP's, Senators, Reps, and their families.
I don't normally post on many of the political forums. Because of all the insults and name calling. This post like many has gotten off topic because of it.
So back on topic.... Why does the Reps think the shut down is going to help them? In the past they have tried it and it has hurt them. I honestly think that the more moderate Reps are thinking its the best way to finally wipe out the Teaparty once and for all. Personally I would like to have seen a third party come into power but the Teaparty chose to take a short cut and go after many of the republican seats. As far as the comments about republicans being libertarians that's pretty much untrue. Libertarians are based on each citizens rights of pursuit of happiness (the basic ambition of the liberals) The Reps want to use the Bible like a weapon and by Bible I do mean the latest KJV. "Republic" is a form of Communism by its own definition. Republicans formed the "Union" and now want to secede from it . How does that work?
Everybody see the piggies...
  • CJ7
  • 10-01-2013, 04:30 PM
I don't normally post on many of the political forums. Because of all the insults and name calling. This post like many has gotten off topic because of it.
So back on topic.... Why does the Reps think the shut down is going to help them? In the past they have tried it and it has hurt them. I honestly think that the more moderate Reps are thinking its the best way to finally wipe out the Teaparty once and for all. Personally I would like to have seen a third party come into power but the Teaparty chose to take a short cut and go after many of the republican seats. As far as the comments about republicans being libertarians that's pretty much untrue. Libertarians are based on each citizens rights of pursuit of happiness (the basic ambition of the liberals) The Reps want to use the Bible like a weapon and by Bible I do mean the latest KJV. "Republic" is a form of Communism by its own definition. Republicans formed the "Union" and now want to secede from it . How does that work? Originally Posted by slingblade
if you've noticed the republicans from the last shutdown know full well what happened in 95 and have avoided a shutdown ever since ... must be a reason for that huh? What we have is a group of radical freshmen in congress testing the water, and having NO experience swimming ... they're about to learn how to swim. If they can.
Expect 35-40% of them to drown... Holy Newt Gingrich, Batman!
Since it's been 5 years and no GOP politicians have gone on record- with perhaps the exception of Ben Carson- but he's not yet a politician. Can guys like IB, Whirlaway, Loving Kayla and the rest of you tell me if you want to repeal Obamacare and replace/destroy it- what is the plan to replace it????

Please I want specifics on who is covered, what is covered, how it's going to be paid for, how it would be enforced/penalized.

I will wait for your responses- something tells me this thread will get little responses because you guys(GOP) love to criticize but won't give reasonable solutions. Originally Posted by wellendowed1911
If I were appointed benevolent dictator for a month & could implement legislation for that time ...

I would repeal Obamacare, and get the Supreme Court to acknowledge that the ONLY authority that the Federal government has to regulate health care are those enumerated in the Constitution. For example, regulating interstate trade; if a health insurance company sells insurance in more than one state, the Federal government does have authority to regulate their commerce. However, the Federal government does not have the Constitutional authority to force citizens to purchase health insurance or health care.

I would not 'replace' the ACA with anything, but I would enact insurance regulations that would provide disincentives for overcharging on healthcare. Essentially, I would have it treated in much the same way that homeowners insurance, auto insurance, title insurance, etc function. Insurance is there to cover unexpected losses, not to handle routine maintenance. Would you expect your auto insurance to pay a claim for getting your oil changed, or your tires replaced? Would you file a claim with your homeowners insurance to replace your old refrigerator? Of course not. But with healthcare, people expect to have every doctors office visit and every prescription paid for.

If insurance were not inflating the prices that doctors, hospitals and pharmacies charge, the typical consumer (whether US citizen, civilian, resident, illegal, etc) could afford most normal necessary healthcare. Just for kicks, call your family doctor's office and ask what they would charge you for services if you were going to pay cash and not involve insurance.

Short answer is that I would reform health insurance to only provide coverage for big ticket events (like being hospitalized with cancer, or from a car wreck). Prices for healthcare would drop to the levels that insurance really reimburses doctors anyways.
  • CJ7
  • 10-01-2013, 09:08 PM
If I were appointed benevolent dictator for a month & could implement legislation for that time ...

I would repeal Obamacare, and get the Supreme Court to acknowledge that the ONLY authority that the Federal government has to regulate health care are those enumerated in the Constitution. For example, regulating interstate trade; if a health insurance company sells insurance in more than one state, the Federal government does have authority to regulate their commerce. However, the Federal government does not have the Constitutional authority to force citizens to purchase health insurance or health care.

I would not 'replace' the ACA with anything, but I would enact insurance regulations that would provide disincentives for overcharging on healthcare. Essentially, I would have it treated in much the same way that homeowners insurance, auto insurance, title insurance, etc function. Insurance is there to cover unexpected losses, not to handle routine maintenance. Would you expect your auto insurance to pay a claim for getting your oil changed, or your tires replaced? Would you file a claim with your homeowners insurance to replace your old refrigerator? Of course not. But with healthcare, people expect to have every doctors office visit and every prescription paid for.

If insurance were not inflating the prices that doctors, hospitals and pharmacies charge, the typical consumer (whether US citizen, civilian, resident, illegal, etc) could afford most normal necessary healthcare. Just for kicks, call your family doctor's office and ask what they would charge you for services if you were going to pay cash and not involve insurance.

Short answer is that I would reform health insurance to only provide coverage for big ticket events (like being hospitalized with cancer, or from a car wreck). Prices for healthcare would drop to the levels that insurance really reimburses doctors anyways. Originally Posted by dark3419
well, you're not so if your way back to the basement
Is there anybody in the USA that is denied health care?

If you go down to any one of the County Hospitols in Harris County, (Houston), the waiting room will be full of people who, by all accounts, will not pay one cent for the care they will receive.

Can you give me an example of one person who was in need of some type of health care but was denied it when they went to a Hospitol?

People are getting "health care" confused with "health insurance". President Obama is always saying, "11 million uninsured". That is not the same thing as saying "11 million denied health care".

Don't get me wrong. I am for Obama Care, because as a businessman, I believe it levels the playing field among competing businesses. The health insurance I give to my employs as part of their benefit package comes right out of my yearly profit. Now, the guy down the channel that is able to low ball because he gives nothing to his employs will be forced to at least offer minimum coverage, or at the very least pay the penalty.

But to my knowledge, there is nobody in the United States that is denied basic healthcare. Originally Posted by Jackie S
You are partly correct. The emergency room at a hospital cannot refuse an uninsured patient. If you become acutely ill, you go to emergency room, get treated and released. If you are uninsured you can't go to your local doctor for a checkup. (unless that doctor is giving free checkups). The problem with the uninsured going to the emergency room to get treated for an illness is, who is paying for this? The hospital is not eating that charge. The hospital is passing that charge to their paying customers, somehow. The accounting gets pretty murky. The idea of the ACA is to get as many of the 30 million uninsured people, insured. One million of these 30 million people went to the Healthcare.gov website this morning at 7:00 AM EST. People who can't get insurance where they work, want to get insured.
Actually, health care isn't really the same as emergency care. You don't go to the emergency room for hypertension until you have a heart attack or stroke.
There are several problems and fatal errors in your post.

So back on topic.... Why does the Reps think the shut down is going to help them? Where did you get the idea that shutting down the government was to curry favor? Spending bills originate in the House iaw the U.S. Constitution. That means the House bill is the default. It is up to the Senate to suggest changes and amendments. This, they refuse to do. The Senate is failing the Constitution requirement and they have for five years now. They have failed to pass a budget for five years. The House has sent two budgets to the Senate but the Senate won't vote on them. In the past they have tried it and it has hurt them. Actually, in 1996 the GOP picked up two seats in the Senate after the shutdown. So I guess they got rewarded. I honestly think that the more moderate Reps are thinking its the best way to finally wipe out the Teaparty once and for all. Personally I would like to have seen a third party come into power but the Teaparty chose to take a short cut and go after many of the republican seats. Better take a history course and study up on the Whig party. The Republican party swallowed up the Whigs because the Whigs refused to take a stand on slavery. As far as the comments about republicans being libertarians that's pretty much untrue. Libertarians are based on each citizens rights of pursuit of happiness (the basic ambition of the liberals) This is some silly stuff here. No one has said that Republicans are Libertarians except you. And classic liberals believe in fundemental freedoms but today's neo-progressives do not believe that. Take for example Obamacare. You are ordered to buy health insurance or you will be punished! You will not kill the Tipton rat or you will lose your farm. You will lose your farm rather than hurt the snail darter. Your state will lose highway funds (that came from the state) if you don't adopt seatbelt laws, alcohol standards, speed limits, or helmet laws. You will not undermine federal gun laws or you will be punished. Doesn't sound like democrats (neo-progressives) care too much about freedom. The Reps want to use the Bible like a weapon and by Bible I do mean the latest KJV. "Republic" is a form of Communism by its own definition. Republicans formed the "Union" and now want to secede from it . Wow! The Union was formed in 1786 and the GOP didn't begin until 1856. Do I have to say more? As for religion, how about all those black churches that Obama went to? Why don't all those black people vote for Republicans? So that religion thing is a bull shit comment. Many conservatives are not religious at all. Google it. How does that work? Originally Posted by slingblade

Oh, there have been 17 shutdowns since 1975 when Ford was president. The democrats shut down the government. About eight under Reagan when the democrats shut down the government. Seems like most shutdowns were caused by democrats if we use your definition. So which is it? Shutdowns are about equal to both parties or it is ALWAYS the fault of the house?
the Democrats or the House, JDIdiot?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
  • CJ7
  • 10-01-2013, 11:28 PM
bump