another warning shot from mother nature....

This topic might be the clearest evidence of the sickness that is the Wacko RW nut camp.

They fixate on the wrong things. They argue the political ideology instead of the observable realities. The ice shelf is just the most recent inconvenient data point. Rapidly shrinking glaciers, wildlife rehabitating. Vast increases in destructive storms in statistically significant numbers.

But this must all be ignored because the politics is wrong. This must be all wrong because it means the RIGHT thing to do is change some of our behaviors.

The truly disgusting aspect of their argument is that they have no care about any human life other than their own. Tens of millions minimum--likely hundreds of millions in coastal cities will be affected, but the RWW view is they are expendable statistics, rats who deserves to drown because they are too dumb to do otherwise. Of course this is not going to happen tomorrow, so what is the rush? Let's ignore it because my house is 100 feet above sea level. Let's act stupid, grab onto the news tidbit that says it won't fully take effect for 200 years so we can pretend there well be zero effects in 25 years. Let's wait until there is a republican administration and pretend that whatever they do is wonderful because they aren't evil democrats.

Ever look at a topographic map? We're likely th o get rid of Dixie once and for all--or at least shrink it appreciably.

But I guess I am being foolish. When the land bridge was flooded humans survived so we should learn from it. Become nomadic, adapt, move to higher ground. The difference is back then there were few deeds. So we should revoke all property deeds and send all folks living at 10 feet or less above sea level to live in the newly opened lands of Dixie and the bible belt. Those Kansans can build a few more arms i'm sure. Those good christian thumpers will gladly follow the apostolic teachings and share their belongings and open their homes to the refugees.

Why do I don't think that will happen? After denying reality for 195 years the RWWs will build walls and gather all their guns to keep out their fellow humans. And claim it is all based on good ol' Thumped Family Values. After all, these are the same people who protect our moral way of life by going ape whit stupid about a kiss on ESP. No, no moral hypocrisy there I'm sure. Originally Posted by Old-T
All right. Let's say it is happening. There is likely nothing we can do about it. Here's an idea for those living in the areas projected to be affected: MOVE!
  • CJ7
  • 05-16-2014, 12:07 AM
attention LA move to Wichita .. COF has plenty of rooms he's willing to rent you
Fixed it fer ya! Originally Posted by bigtex
You need to replace your Kotex again, BigKoTex: the BUTTer Bar ASShat, you're dribbling again.
50,000 years ago, the Sahara Desert was a plush grassy plain....Just ask the Dinosaurs. Originally Posted by Jackie S
And before that it was underwater. Where did all that water go?
Was relocated..
  • Old-T
  • 05-16-2014, 03:52 PM
All right. Let's say it is happening. There is likely nothing we can do about it. Here's an idea for those living in the areas projected to be affected: MOVE! Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
Agree. And we should have reasoned policies that encourage--or at least do not penalize-- a strategic posturing for change. Infrastructure funds should NOT be used, for example, to rebuild New Orleans just because the French were stupid enough to build it 200 some odd years ago. Intelligent investment in water control that makes sense for the future, not the past. Energy grids and roads that don't just rebuild what was the right answer for 1900. If we are going to spend infrastructure dollars as a country, it should be based upon the future, not the past.
Ok, ok ! Tell your daddy Al Gore to stop flying his jet all over creation. Don't you wonder what that fool's carbon footprint is like ? People like Gore and countries like Mexico and China are not going to play by the rules. So what difference can the rest of us make ??/
Answer----Nil !
Was relocated.. Originally Posted by i'va biggen
then you escaped

then I escaped

Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB

Iffy visits Kansas City till he gets lured back to his cage with a banana.
I remember reading about glaciers "calving" many years ago. It was not because of "global warming" then it was because the ice was extending out past the land mass. Understand the obvious here, the ice extended because of more ice pushing it outward. Glaciers do not advance and break off because of "melting" (it's about -40 down there, how does anything melt?), they break off because of a GROWING ice mass behind them.

Don't you believe in settled science?
When glaciers melt off the land (like they are in Greenland) it is not calving. It is called runoff.
Wasn't the OP about the Antarctic ice sheet?
GPS instruments placed there are indicating the ice melt is resulting in the land under them to rise. Has been in the last decade.
GPS instruments placed there are indicating the ice melt is resulting in the land under them to rise. Has been in the last decade. Originally Posted by i'va biggen
Link?
Link? Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=41I23kcVQbk