21 Gun Salute to Senator John McCain - RIP My Friend

I find it fascinating how an immoral man with 5 military deferments can cause his followers to be disloyal to the military and the American flag. Lol You want to know what real disrespect for the American flag looks like? It's not football players kneeling its Trump and his supporters shitting on a decorated War hero who was tortured...and by extension shitting on the same flag they claim black football players are disrespecting..hahaha talk about hypocrisy of the highest order. Trump and his supporters are confused. Lol Originally Posted by Sistine Chapel
I find it fascinating this thread has gone more than the original post and the 3 bumps by the OP....
The PT boat incident was a situation of his own making. JFK was known to abuse the engines in his boat by hot rodding at unwarranted speeds after patrols. That, in part, was what led to his boat being disabled, thus allowing the Japanese destroyer to hit and cut his boat in half. The other part was that he was lax with the crew, and his radioman wasn't at his radio station to hear the transmissions reporting Japanese destroyers in the area. It was certainly his decision to discard the boat's life raft and mount a 37 mm gun on the deck in its place. It might be that his knowing his negligence contributed to him and his crew being stranded at sea that drove him to do the superhuman thing he did to rescue his crew.

Eleven of the thirteen men who went out on patrol that night in 1943 on PT-109 survived because of JFK's heroic action. His commander recommended Kennedy for the Silver Star, but the Navy downgraded it to the Navy and Marine Corps Medal, a noncombat award. This downgrade is an indication "that those high up in the chain of command did not think much of Kennedy’s performance on the night of August 2, 1943" ("War of Revenge: John F. Kennedy’s PT-109 Disaster" by Thomas Fleming, MHQ, Spring, Vol. 23, Issue 3, p. 14).

Originally Posted by I B Hankering
All those miscellaneous details are debatable. What isn't debatable is he stepped up to the plate and called upon his training, leadership and courage. It didn't have to turn out like it did. It could have been much worse.

Jim

All those miscellaneous details are debatable. What isn't debatable is he stepped up to the plate and called upon his training, leadership and courage. It didn't have to turn out like it did. It could have been much worse.

Jim Originally Posted by Mr MojoRisin
The details aren't debatable, but he did save ten men. The award was down graded because JFK's behavior contributed to course of events that left him and his crew adrift at sea.
Another attempted hijack, IBH. Tsk. Tsk.

Making matters even stupider, the president STILL doesn't know how to behave.

Like I've said before, we hold him to lower standards than we do ourselves -- anonymous, fake ID whoremongers on ECCIE!

TEN TIMES he was asked about McCain. TEN TIMES he ignored it.

I suppose he was just playing the reporters like he always does.

Can't wait to see what Sluggo Sanders has to say in defense of her classless boss.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...-mccain-2018-8
The dims lowered the standards when they continued to elect Ted "the lyin' of the Senate" Kennedy, Slick Willie Perjuring Sexual Predator and then Slick Willie's chief enabler: hildebeest.

dims need to stop with the blatant hypocrisy and field candidates that measure up to the standards they now claim Trump should meet. Until they do that, the dims have no moral high ground from which to cast aspersions.
I'm waiting for the eulogy you're going to give George H W Bush. A real war hero, an honest businessman, a loving husband, a great father, a public servant, an exceptional president, and (according to the democrats) a person so out of touch that he was surprised by a grocery store scanner.

Lest we forget Bill not knowing what a humidor looks like or Hillary getting hung up in the subway turnstile.
Yah, rumor has it he cheats. Originally Posted by bamscram
Ya mean like those LYING LIBERALS Slick Willy and odummer SURELY did ? !!!!!
I'm waiting for the eulogy you're going to give George H W Bush. A real war hero, an honest businessman, a loving husband, a great father, a public servant, an exceptional president, and (according to the democrats) a person so out of touch that he was surprised by a grocery store scanner.

Lest we forget Bill not knowing what a humidor looks like or Hillary getting hung up in the subway turnstile. Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn
And Slick Willy not knowing what the definition of "IS" is ! Faux Rhodes scholar and all, doncha know !
RINO and a hack.

Fuck him
Trump was right to ignore the "questions" of the moronic media. A trade meting with Mexico has NOTHING to do with McCain. Besides if he said anything, liberals would soil themselves screaming that he's being insincere. Federal protocol was followed with the flag lowering as well, but all of a sudden the media wants respect for the flag after applauding NFL kneelers for crapping on the flag.
Heh...

The details aren't debatable, but he did save ten men. The award was down graded because JFK's behavior contributed to course of events that left him and his crew adrift at sea. Originally Posted by I B Hankering
Well things happen, mistakes are made. It's what you do about it that truly counts.

Jim
Heh... Originally Posted by gfejunkie
Why not. He's been one of those " go-along-to-get-along" RINO's forever.
Another attempted hijack, IBH. Tsk. Tsk.

Making matters even stupider, the president STILL doesn't know how to behave.

Like I've said before, we hold him to lower standards than we do ourselves -- anonymous, fake ID whoremongers on ECCIE!

TEN TIMES he was asked about McCain. TEN TIMES he ignored it.

I suppose he was just playing the reporters like he always does.

Can't wait to see what Sluggo Sanders has to say in defense of her classless boss.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...-mccain-2018-8 Originally Posted by Yssup Rider

Trump's amps go to Eleven.

The dims lowered the standards when they continued to elect Ted "the lyin' of the Senate" Kennedy, Slick Willie Perjuring Sexual Predator and then Slick Willie's chief enabler: hildebeest.

dims need to stop with the blatant hypocrisy and field candidates that measure up to the standards they now claim Trump should meet. Until they do that, the dims have no moral high ground from which to cast aspersions.
Originally Posted by I B Hankering

Why should you ask the current president to have standards when you can blame someone else?

Why not go up instead of down?