Why do you think you're so unpopular in Texas?

Easy off the boy. I been to buffalo. He has a good reason to be pissed off. The hate keeps him warm when his butt is buried in the snow.
Keep firing son! It's entertaining.
They are not economically feasible yet. We ain't that short of water yet. Go ask las Vegas. But, the idea is discussed a lot. Originally Posted by Vercengetorix
I believe your Gov was talking to Obama about fresh water recently and got the cold shoulder is why I brought it up.
It's going to be an issue at some point. With the population growth and economic growth here it's straining the aquifers and lakes, especially down south.
At some point I suspect desalination plants may really happen but right now the state wi probably just keep using pipelines to the drier areas.
We have hundreds of miles of coast and relatively cheap coastal land so desalination is an option if things get too tight.
Depending on the coming war with Mexico anyway.
Obama doesn't hate Texas (and LA and MI and AL). However, he knows that he (and the Democrats) have absolutely no chance of carrying any of them in the next election. So, he knows that he can take all sorts of actions, such as those Olivia mentioned, that will play well with his base and with many independent voters without any fear of political repercussions. . Originally Posted by davec.0121
Although I think he meant MS (Mississippi) not MI (Michigan), most practical post in the thread.

This also explains why 4-5 states will get 80% of the attention in the '12 race.

What has been raised a couple of times in different ways: what is role of the media? To report news (obviously there will still be bias), facilitate discussion (still more bias), or downright attack (obviously more bias)?

I guess I still have enough respect for the Office of the President (or Governor), that when he comes to town you pretty much let him have his say for a little while. You have plenty of time to critique him later. You can let him know what is on the "minds of Texans," etc. But you don't need to get in the guy's face and go all Glen Beck on him ("No sir that isn't what I asked, please answer my question!") It really should be an opportunity for the citizenship to hear what their leader has to say. It shouldn't be the local reporter's 15 minutes of fame.
BTW isn't there still a bunch of Texan Guilt about what happened to Kennedy? (Still too soon to joke?)
I disagree.

Answer the question. I am so sick of the game.
BTW isn't there still a bunch of Texan Guilt about what happened to Kennedy?[IMG]file:///C:/Users/BMORRI%7E1/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtml1/01/clip_image001.gif[/IMG] (Still too soon to joke?[IMG]file:///C:/Users/BMORRI%7E1/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtml1/01/clip_image001.gif[/IMG]) Originally Posted by atlcomedy
Kinda like discussing Sherman's Urban Renewal Program in Atlanta. Still too soon to joke?

I disagree.

Answer the question. I am so sick of the game. Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius
+1

You can always listen to the “stump speech” on YouTube.
  • Doove
  • 05-01-2011, 11:24 AM
How many times has NY and NYC been bankrupt? Once each that I recall and both were bailed out by the Feds and both have infrastructures are crumbling around them. Originally Posted by pyramider
Again, if i was going around banging my chest talking about how great NY is, you'd have a point. I'm not. You don't.

Keep talkin'... it shows your true ignorance. Originally Posted by DFW5Traveler
Maybe i'll just start posting 5600 word copy/pasted screeds, Marshall.

Amen!!!!

Actually Doovie, Originally Posted by OliviaHoward

Alright Olivia! Resorting to the sarcastic-nickname-to-belittle technique! Sweet!!

we do not have the right to secede.
Don't tell me. Tell that to your governor. He seems confused.

We would be asked to leave with all our goodies. Our deep water port, our miles and miles of coast, our oil business, our banking business, our immigrant labor, our agro business, and on and on. What does New York have going for it ‘cept the Big Apple – Nada that’s what. That’s why y’all don’t brag. I am a citizen of the Great State of Texas; I love it.
Goodie for you! And on a state by state basis, your per capita income barely cracks the top half of the country. Your schools suck, right along with those in NY, and i'm guessing a whole bunch of other statistics have you pegged in the bottom half of the country given that, in many cases, "business friendly environment" is simply happy talk for "don't give a shit about the have-nots". Oh, and you're filled with birthers. How's that workin' out for ya, by the way? So you'll understand why i'm not impressed.

I don't brag, because unlike what Texans are wont to do, i don't define myself by my surroundings, of which i have no control over. Your oil bidness? Resources? Deep water port? Agro Business? There long before you came along, and will be there long after you leave. Texans come across to me as the 23 year old punk who thinks he's cool because he's driving around in a fancy Mustang.....that his father bought for him. If i wanted to brag, i'd simply cite a few of Naomi's posts.
Also, did it ever occur to you and your Yankee sensibilities that if the State of Texas wasn’t handling the State Department and the Home Land Defense Department’s jobs of policing the sovereign border of the United States of America and absorbing millions of illegal immigrants, we may not need any federal dollars to deal with the wild fires.

So the benefits of your location are for you to pump your chest with an air of superiority, but the drawbacks of your location are everyone's problem?

Why all this hatred towards Texas?
Easy off the boy. I been to buffalo. He has a good reason to be pissed off. The hate keeps him warm when his butt is buried in the snow.
Keep firing son! It's entertaining. Originally Posted by Vercengetorix
Suggesting that i'm angry, or that i hate Texas, assumes i'm jealous. A couple Super Bowl losses notwithstanding, don't flatter yourself. Frankly, i don't give a damn if Texas is better than NY or if NY is better than Texas any more than i care if Alabama is better than Minnesota. I just think y'all seriously need to get off your high horse about how great Texas and Texans supposedly are.
Doovie - I'm just fucking with you because it's fun. Lighten up. Your disdain for all that is Texas is irrational but flattering nonetheless.
Whaaaaat? I love Doove!!
Whaaaaat? I love Doove!! Originally Posted by Naomi4u

Yeah we do to when they open the season around the 1st of September. Errrrrrr that is dove not to be confused with the Texan hating Doove.
  • Doove
  • 05-01-2011, 03:00 PM
Yeah we do to when they open the season around the 1st of September. Errrrrrr that is dove not to be confused with the Texan hating Doove. Originally Posted by OneHotMale
Some people try just way too hard.
Some people try just way too hard. Originally Posted by Doove

No need to try and flatter yourself. It just comes naturally to some when dealing with people of your ilk.