Anybody notice.......

Actually Chicago ranks somewhere in the mid-20s in the country for highest homicide rate, depending on the source used. St. Louis is #1. Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
It's all a numbers game there. Chicago consistently ranks #1 in quantity of homicides and often times even gun related incidents. Once per capita is incorporated in the mix it does change it.

But for the most part, it just changes it to another Democrat stronghold. St. Louis hasn't had a Republican mayor since the 1940's. Not exactly a testament to Dem control.

So we want to take the same failing policies at the local levels that lead to huge gun violence in their cities and transplant them into the national level for POTUS/etc. Sorry, but I'll pass.
It's all a numbers game there. Chicago consistently ranks #1 in quantity of homicides and often times even gun related incidents. Once per capita is incorporated in the mix it does change it.

But for the most part, it just changes it to another Democrat stronghold. St. Louis hasn't had a Republican mayor since the 1940's. Not exactly a testament to Dem control.

So we want to take the same failing policies at the local levels that lead to huge gun violence in their cities and transplant them into the national level for POTUS/etc. Sorry, but I'll pass. Originally Posted by eccielover
I don't disagree. I would like to know what anyone would propose to cut down the number of homicides in major cities in our country. The fact is that the homicide rate per capita in this country has dropped significantly since its peak in 1980. So who gets credit for that?
I don't disagree. I would like to know what anyone would propose to cut down the number of homicides in major cities in our country. The fact is that the homicide rate per capita in this country has dropped significantly since its peak in 1980. So who gets credit for that? Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
I credit the large uptick in gun sales and people understanding that the right to carry is a right and a deterrent.

Where do most of the homicides occur, areas that have harsher restrictions on lawful gun owners. Its not hard to see the pattern through the trees.
Actually Chicago ranks somewhere in the mid-20s in the country for highest homicide rate, depending on the source used. St. Louis is #1. Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
Yes - it looks like you are right.

Many other cities run by the DPST's are doing even worse!
I don't disagree. I would like to know what anyone would propose to cut down the number of homicides in major cities in our country. The fact is that the homicide rate per capita in this country has dropped significantly since its peak in 1980. So who gets credit for that? Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
I give credit for the drop in crime to improved forensics, effective computer databases for case management, AFIS for fingerprints and DNA to identify and convict offenders, and massive amounts of cameras. Technology has made crime a bad bet, but more can be done.

To further reduce crime, give the police a free hand to operate Giuliani style. Beat the fuck out of street thugs after they are caught committing violent crimes and tell all the people whining about it to shut the fuck up.
I credit the large uptick in gun sales and people understanding that the right to carry is a right and a deterrent.

Where do most of the homicides occur, areas that have harsher restrictions on lawful gun owners. Its not hard to see the pattern through the trees. Originally Posted by eccielover
Gun sales rose while Obama was in office because many felt that gun control laws would be enacted. While it is difficult to get consensus on the number of households with guns, most data available would lead one to believe that at best household gun ownership in the U.S. has remained steady, declining from its high in 1990.

Where do most homicides occur? Use Chicago for an example. The majority of homicides are in the poorer, racially segregated sections of the city.

"The gun violence problem will get solved once the economic and racial equality problems are solved, said Colleen Daley, executive director of the Illinois Council against Handgun Violence."

In my opinion you will find this to be true in every city in which gun violence is a problem. The areas of a city where gun violence is high have the same restrictions on gun ownership as those where gun violence is low.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...ing-a-firearm/
I give credit for the drop in crime to improved forensics, effective computer databases for case management, AFIS for fingerprints and DNA to identify and convict offenders, and massive amounts of cameras. Technology has made crime a bad bet, but more can be done.

To further reduce crime, give the police a free hand to operate Giuliani style. Beat the fuck out of street thugs after they are caught committing violent crimes and tell all the people whining about it to shut the fuck up. Originally Posted by friendly fred
Excellent points!!