Very Scary Our Commander In Chief Doesn't know how NATO works

That's easy. Germany has the second largest GDP among NATO countries - more than twice the size of Canada's economy. So its defense spending shortfall (in dollars or euros) is a lot larger, too. Do the math. Germany's GDP is close to $3.5 trillion. To meet the 2% pledge, Germany needs to spend an extra $280 billion a year on defense. Trump singled out Germany because that's where the big bucks are. Originally Posted by lustylad
Extra $280 billion???!!! You were in such great hurry to reply to my question, you fucked up your math big time. From your own chart Germany's annual defense budget comprises 1.2% of its GDP. Since the German military spends roughly $39 billion annually, all they need is to add another $30 billion yearly to reach the benchmark of 2% GDP. And since the Canadian government allocates roughly $15 billion annually to its military, the defense spending would have to be doubled from the 1% GDP--by your own chart--to fulfill the benchmark of 2% GDP.

But frankly I don't give a rat's ass about the extra $15 billion the Germans could have coughed up versus the Canadians. The heart of this issue is what Drumpf has been proclaiming all along: every NATO member must pay its fair share. Since he failed to even raise a fuck with Trudeau, Drumpf is a mere damn hypocrite, and you are blind enough to even come to his defense on this one.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...y_expenditures
If those other 22 NATO countries spent what they promised for their collective defense, the U.S. could spend less. Originally Posted by lustylad
So what's your argument really, every NATO member consumes 2% or more of its GDP on defense so the U.S. "could spend less" by curtailing its military presence in Europe? Do you understand how moronic your statement truly sounds?
FTFY, Andy the Little Nazi Boy. Originally Posted by I B Hankering
One fake pic and one set taken by Obama's half-brother who is also a Drumpf supporter. Obama happened to be the best man at his half-brother's wedding, so he merely dressed for that particular occasion. Therefore your innuendoes don't mean shit, unless you have the balls to point out the Chinese, Mexicans, and the Ruskies.

Extra $280 billion???!!! You were in such great hurry to reply to my question, you fucked up your math big time. From your own chart Germany's annual defense budget comprises 1.2% of its GDP. Since the German military spends roughly $39 billion annually, all they need is to add another $30 billion yearly to reach the benchmark of 2% GDP. And since the Canadian government allocates roughly $15 billion annually to its military, the defense spending would have to be doubled from the 1% GDP--by your own chart--to fulfill the benchmark of 2% GDP.

But frankly I don't give a rat's ass about the extra $15 billion the Germans could have coughed up versus the Canadians. The heart of this issue is what Drumpf has been proclaiming all along: every NATO member must pay its fair share. Since he failed to even raise a fuck with Trudeau, Drumpf is a mere damn hypocrite, and you are blind enough to even come to his defense on this one. Originally Posted by andymarksman
I stand corrected. I multiplied the German GDP by 0.08 instead of 0.008. My bad. The actual defense spending shortfall is $28 billion.

As for Trudeau, you don't know whether this issue was raised privately or not. Canada is further removed from the threat of a revanchist Russia than Germany is.
I think you're saying that ALL Muslims are terrorists. Is that right you racist, Nazi SOB? Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
You "think"???!!! Unlike Obama, the Trumps have been financing the governments that sponsor the ISIS. Where is your fucking outrage, knucklehead POS "professor?"

http://conservativefans.com/2017/03/...-other-country
One fake pic and one set taken by Obama's half-brother who is also a Drumpf supporter. Obama happened to be the best man at his half-brother's wedding, so he merely dressed for that particular occasion. Therefore your innuendoes don't mean shit, unless you have the balls to point out the Chinese, Mexicans, and the Ruskies.

Originally Posted by andymarksman
Keep sucking like your boy Odumbo, Andy the Little Nazi Boy. Neither the Bushes or Ford were educated in a Madrassa registered as a Muslim like Odumbo was.
So what's your argument really, every NATO member consumes 2% or more of its GDP on defense so the U.S. "could spend less" by curtailing its military presence in Europe? Do you understand how moronic your statement truly sounds? Originally Posted by andymarksman
Who said anything about curtailing our military presence? Troop commitments are not the same as NATO budget contributions, and the US troop presence, while still expensive, is now a fraction of what it was during the Cold War when we stood watch at the Fulda Gap. It would be "moronic" for us NOT to expect proper sharing of the costs of defending Europe. We shouldn't value their freedom and security more than they do. We were 100% repaid by Saudi Arabia and Kuwait for the costs of the First Gulf War in 1991.