Bush over Obama. Poll by CNN....

The great pharaohs of Egypt are known primarily from their "pictures on buildings", you "#Grubered", freelance faggot, Odumbo Minion from Arkansas. And you cannot prove that Moses didn't exist, nor can you intelligently and factually deny that Moses has had more influence on world history than Dr Seuss as you early lyingly stated, you "#Grubered", freelance faggot, Odumbo Minion from Arkansas.
Originally Posted by I B Hankering
Earlier, dumbass. Goddamn, the motherfucking word is earlier. Saying you can't prove someone DOESN'T exist is bullshit. If you knew anything, you would know that the character of Moses was most likely based on earlier Canaanite myths. I notice you used 'influence' and not 'positive influence'. Because I could definitely argue that it hasn't been positive.
Earlier, dumbass. Goddamn, the motherfucking word is earlier. Saying you can't prove someone DOESN'T exist is bullshit. If you knew anything, you would know that the character of Moses was most likely based on earlier Canaanite myths. I notice you used 'influence' and not 'positive influence'. Because I could definitely argue that it hasn't been positive. Originally Posted by WombRaider
A "myth" based on a historical person by most accounts, you "#Grubered", freelance faggot, Odumbo Minion from Arkansas. And Mosaic Law "positively" beats the fuck out of the Code of Hammurabi, you "#Grubered", freelance faggot, Odumbo Minion from Arkansas: no matter what ignorant shit you post.
A "myth" based on a historical person by most accounts, you "#Grubered", freelance faggot, Odumbo Minion from Arkansas. And Mosaic Law "positively" beats the fuck out of the Code of Hammurabi, you "#Grubered", freelance faggot, Odumbo Minion from Arkansas: no matter what ignorant shit you post. Originally Posted by I B Hankering
How, exactly, does one law 'beat the shit' out of another law? In your haste, you've displayed your ignorance for all to see. Mosaic law copied many of its tenets from the Code of Hammurabi. There would not be a mosaic law were it not for Hammurabi.
How, exactly, does one law 'beat the shit' out of another law? In your haste, you've displayed your ignorance for all to see. Mosaic law copied many of its tenets from the Code of Hammurabi. There would not be a mosaic law were it not for Hammurabi. Originally Posted by WombRaider
Mosaic Law is not as harsh as the Code of Hammurabi, you "#Grubered", freelance faggot, Odumbo Minion from Arkansas: no matter what ignorant shit you post, and you've conceded that Mosaic Law has been quite influential.
Mosaic Law is not as harsh as the Code of Hammurabi, you "#Grubered", freelance faggot, Odumbo Minion from Arkansas: no matter what ignorant shit you post, and you've conceded that Mosaic Law has been quite influential.
Originally Posted by I B Hankering
Not as harsh? Both of them call for death in the case of adultery or kidnapping. That's pretty fucking harsh. I never said Mosaic law wasn't influential. You are doing what you always do, which is changing the argument midstream because you can't win the original version. This was about whether Moses existed, not the influence or importance of the laws. And you know this. You're a disingenuous turd of the highest order. Now you've shifted it to his laws and now you're arguing the degree of harshness as compared to Hammurabi in this straw man argument you've set up.
Not as harsh? Both of them call for death in the case of adultery or kidnapping. That's pretty fucking harsh. I never said Mosaic law wasn't influential. You are doing what you always do, which is changing the argument midstream because you can't win the original version. This was about whether Moses existed, not the influence or importance of the laws. And you know this. You're a disingenuous turd of the highest order. Now you've shifted it to his laws and now you're arguing the degree of harshness as compared to Hammurabi in this straw man argument you've set up. Originally Posted by WombRaider
Actually, you "#Grubered", freelance faggot, Odumbo Minion from Arkansas, you had your ass handed to you when you stated Dr. Seuss was more influential than Moses.

Code of Hammurabi and the Law of Moses

Both the Law of Hammurabi and the Mosaic Law were based on the principle of lex talonis - "an eye for an eye." The Law of Hammurabi was more harsh than the Law of Moses, imposing the death penalty for numerous crimes, some trivial, such as creating a public disturbance in a bar.

http://www.cumorah.com/index.php?tar...id=53&cat_id=7
I'm not denying the influence, goddamn. I'm saying let's not believe that someone existed when they actually didn't. That's it. You're attributing all these other things to it that have nothing to do with what I said. Originally Posted by WombRaider
You were definitely denying their influence. You said he had no more influence than Dr. Seuss. Maybe if you quit lying and supporting liars, people would like you. Until then, go away.
Not as harsh? Both of them call for death in the case of adultery or kidnapping. Originally Posted by WombRaider
You might want to "revisit" the older "laws" in this country regarding "a man" finding "his wife" having sex with "another man." How about "kidnapping" a horse in the "old West"? "Cattle rustling"? The penal code carried forward the notion of "stealing meat" as being a felony*.

Wikipedia is kinda short on history sometimes. So you appear STUPID.

*Tex. Penal Code: 31.03(e)(5)..a felony of the third degree if the ... the property is:
(A) cattle, .....stolen during a single transaction and having an aggregate value of less than $100,000;".....

The point is ... archaic mores seem to "creep" into contemporary jurisprudence, because it is considered offensive to the current society. The "gravity" of the offense may vary, in which case the punishment will follow suit. One ought not to look at ancient laws in the context of today's standards of behavior or even today's "cultural correctness."
I'm saying let's not believe that someone existed when they actually didn't. That's it. Originally Posted by WombRaider
I've tried to "believe" you don't exist, but the nightmare continues nonetheless.
You were definitely denying their influence. You said he had no more influence than Dr. Seuss. Maybe if you quit lying and supporting liars, people would like you. Until then, go away. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
The argument was about moses' existence, not his laws or influence.
You might want to "revisit" the older "laws" in this country regarding "a man" finding "his wife" having sex with "another man." How about "kidnapping" a horse in the "old West"? "Cattle rustling"? The penal code carried forward the notion of "stealing meat" as being a felony*.

Wikipedia is kinda short on history sometimes. So you appear STUPID.

*Tex. Penal Code: 31.03(e)(5)..a felony of the third degree if the ... the property is:
(A) cattle, .....stolen during a single transaction and having an aggregate value of less than $100,000;".....

The point is ... archaic mores seem to "creep" into contemporary jurisprudence, because it is considered offensive to the current society. The "gravity" of the offense may vary, in which case the punishment will follow suit. One ought not to look at ancient laws in the context of today's standards of behavior or even today's "cultural correctness." Originally Posted by LexusLover
You completely missed the entire point, why am I not surprised. IB said that Mosaic law wasn't as harsh as Hammurabi. I said that in several instances, they were equally harsh. No one commented on older laws in this country. That wasn't part of the discussion. You've come late, said a bunch of non-related shit and now you look like what you are, which is an old buffoon. Tell the orderly to come change your shitty pants and go back to bed.
I've tried to "believe" you don't exist, but the nightmare continues nonetheless. Originally Posted by LexusLover
I thought you had me on ignore. Couldn't resist, could you?
The argument was about moses' existence, not his laws or influence. Originally Posted by WombRaider
You're a liar, you "#Grubered", freelance faggot, Odumbo Minion from Arkansas. You're statement was quite literally: "[Moses was] ... as much an influence as Dr. Fucking Seuss," you "#Grubered", freelance faggot, Odumbo Minion from Arkansas.

You completely missed the entire point, why am I not surprised. IB said that Mosaic law wasn't as harsh as Hammurabi. I said that in several instances, they were equally harsh. No one commented on older laws in this country. That wasn't part of the discussion. You've come late, said a bunch of non-related shit and now you look like what you are, which is an old buffoon. Tell the orderly to come change your shitty pants and go back to bed. Originally Posted by WombRaider
The Code of Hammurabi was more harsh than Mosaic Law, you "#Grubered", freelance faggot, Odumbo Minion from Arkansas; the Code of Hammurabi made no allowance for accidents; whereas, Mosaic Law made a distinction between intentional acts and accidental acts.

Code of Hammurabi and the Law of Moses

Both the Law of Hammurabi and the Mosaic Law were based on the principle of lex talonis - "an eye for an eye." The Law of Hammurabi was more harsh than the Law of Moses, imposing the death penalty for numerous crimes, some trivial, such as creating a public disturbance in a bar.

http://www.cumorah.com/index.php?tar...id=53&cat_id=7
You completely missed the entire point, ...... Originally Posted by WombRaider
.... the point on your head is too obvious.

The OP is about Bush vs. Obaminable in the polls today.

But you keep deceiving yourself into "believing" your own bullshit.

BTW: You are existing proof that there is a God ... and he has a sense of humor!