So is Austin scene dead?

I agree with a lot of what's been said but there's a sensitive point that needs to be made in as polite a manner as possible. Specifically, there are a lot of providers posting out-of-date and/or misleading photos. Call it catfishing, bait and switch, whatever you want, but it's a serious issue and it makes a lot of guys reluctant to book.

Since the rise of tripadvisor and other sites, many tourist destinations have had to police themselves and stop businesses from scamming tourists. While it may lead to short-term gain for one shady business owner, scamming tourists ultimately harms the whole community because it makes people not want to visit the destination at all and go somewhere less sketchy. Catfishing hurts the whole community.
I agree with a lot of what's been said but there's a sensitive point that needs to be made in as polite a manner as possible. Specifically, there are a lot of providers posting out-of-date and/or misleading photos. Call it catfishing, bait and switch, whatever you want, but it's a serious issue and it makes a lot of guys reluctant to book. Originally Posted by element123

I agree. Look at these showcases with pictures almost 10 years old. They claim they look the same but if that's the case put up some proof. And why do they look like they were taken with the first ever web cam made, grainy and dark. The free cell phones they give away take better pictures.
A brief disclaimer - I'm an infrequent hobbyist at best, and more of a lurker or many years, but this is just my perception of the situation:

1) I always considered Austin kind of a "middle of the road" city from the market perspective. Others, such as Dallas or Houston, seem to have more providers and competition, and competition always works out for the consumer.

2) Since the shutdown, I visit ECCIE very infrequently (maybe once a week or twice a month). The reason is that the information the I found valuable is no longer on offer - I was always trying to compare the mix of photos, services, and price point in the event that I chose to hobby. Two of those three elements aren't readily available, so there's much less reason for me to browse.

3) I've stated on previous threads, and some in this one have stated it as well - screening requirements requiring real world info are a non-starter, and being an infrequent hobbyist, references aren't usually an option. Totally respect the ladies' choice to screen, and I get where they're coming from, but from my view, the buyer has the leverage until a sale is made - don't like the deal, walk away from the table and take your business elsewhere. I've read the comments of "well - pay your dues, we've all been there, etc." - that's fine, you can look at it that way if it makes you happy. I look at it from the perspective of "I'm willing to pay x dollars for y services - if you're interested, great. If not, that's your choice, too - but I'm not exposing my info to a totally unknown party. The irony is, I really have nothing to hide - no record, no blemishes, and it really doesn't matter if anyone finds out. I'm just a huge privacy advocate/nut (maybe "enthusiast" would sound better, but I try to call it like it is).

4) Sessions that I've had in Austin are typically disappointing - pictures were misrepresented, services were lacking, or just a general lack of interest that seemed to be rooted in a "just doing this for the money, and I'll do as little as I can to get it" attitude. By no means and I trying to paint all of the ladies here with that brush, but it's been common enough that it's really been a big turn off for me on the Austin scene. Generally, though, I've experienced an overall lack of professionalism, both in TCB and BCD. The way I look at it, if I pay for 1 hour, then I'm paying for 1 hour of total debauchery...if I want to talk to someone, I'll go find a date, hang out at a bar, or something else that doesn't cost me nearly as much. I'm looking at a provider for a sensual experience, not conversation, or "well...yeah, you booked an hour, but we're done in 30 minutes, so you have to go". If I'm done in 30 minutes, then there's still 30 minutes left, and her job should be to do everything she can to get round 2 going. If you're reading this and want to be negative, sure, change it to 30 seconds - doesn't hurt my feelings a bit.

I tend to take my hobby dollars out of the city now - a day trip to a Dallas AMP or provider is much more rewarding, memorable, and cost effective than the more miss than hit experience I've had in Austin. At the same point, several other cities I've gone to, price is worse than Austin, and after a brief browse, I pass entirely. But, with two much more energized and competitive markets within a relatively easy drive for an overnight trip, the math is clear to me.

I'll still lurk, and maybe comment from time to time, but going back to the original point, without the "shopping info" that I came to enjoy from ECCIE, now it just seems to be a site for people to say "I saw so and so - if you want to know anything, PM me" or for people to trash talk each other. Yeah, laws have changed, and everyone is paranoid, and I get that...but the original purpose and utility of the board has been lost in the paranoia, in my opinion.
Luvdat...my experience hasn’t been quite the same as yours. I don’t hobby outside of Austin very often, mostly in the DFW area when I travel for business. I find DFW very similar to Austin. I’ve had about as many ncns appointments there as here. The quality of the women there is comparable.

As a side note. Your avatar is disgusting. Maybe if you cleaned your dick you would get better action. Just sayin.

Happy hobbying!
James
ECCIE isn't dead..... it's owned and run by the undead, just like before....
SSDD. (Same Shit, Different Day.)
[QUOTE=Anonymous01;1060746281]ECCIE isn't dead..... it's owned and run by the undead, just like before....
Doesn’t ‘undead’ mean ‘alive’?
Luvdat, you commented that providers are giving you a lackluster performance, but you seem to have a very transactional view of the experience: I have money, so you must perform for a stranger and automatically know what I like.

I think you would have better experiences if you cooperated a bit more on the screening and imagined it as a part of the session; a chance to establish some pre-session rapport and flirting. Some have schedulers, so it isn’t always going to be applicable, but for the most part, this is going to drastically improve the quality of your sessions.

As for getting references, don’t visit a brand-new, flash in the pan provider. Go see one of our established, active ladies who not only give great service but are responsible enough to keep your handle and phone number on file and be your reference in the future.

I guarantee, if you will TRY to cooperate in earnest, share your desires and past experiences, and treat the provider like a human instead of a rent-a-hole, you will experience dividends for years to come.
Luvdat, you commented that providers are giving you a lackluster performance, but you seem to have a very transactional view of the experience: I have money, so you must perform for a stranger and automatically know what I like.

I think you would have better experiences if you cooperated a bit more on the screening and imagined it as a part of the session; a chance to establish some pre-session rapport and flirting. Some have schedulers, so it isn’t always going to be applicable, but for the most part, this is going to drastically improve the quality of your sessions.

As for getting references, don’t visit a brand-new, flash in the pan provider. Go see one of our established, active ladies who not only give great service but are responsible enough to keep your handle and phone number on file and be your reference in the future.

I guarantee, if you will TRY to cooperate in earnest, share your desires and past experiences, and treat the provider like a human instead of a rent-a-hole, you will experience dividends for years to come. Originally Posted by 3daygetaway

Lather. Rinse. Repeat. Amen!!!!!

This is great honest advice imo. If you have issues after actually applying this ...something is definitely wrong...
Yeah I used to not have to discuss financials at all, just the amount of time I needed, so now I'm a little apprehensive to do so. It doesn't help that long time members like Asian Layla and Austin88 aren't present anymore... makes me wonder if some people know something I don't
I know for sure Asian Layla is still providing and I believe Austin88 still is as well. They may not be active here, but they are certainly active elsewhere.
I dunno, my biz is great, and my rates are high, I'm double 20 year old, and I'm a deep screener so...there are still plenty of gentlemen around. Originally Posted by Miss Valentina
Ditto.
  • Zil
  • 07-18-2018, 06:14 PM
It's dead because there are very few, if any, providers who seem to like their job.

I don't know how many times I've read in a profile,

"I don't like this... I don't do that... you need this that and the other reference."

Sorry but it's a FAR cry from what it used to be.

Sad really but saves me money.

I can definitely count on on one hand (and probably wouldn't fill all the fingers) of the women who actually seem to WANT to provide as opposed to the ones who feel they are doing us some type of astronomical favor for charging 300 bills for an hour for no actual bare touching, sucking, etc.

I rarely, if EVER, comment on threads here. It always seems so pointless... but I felt the need.

Not that any of the providers that will probably respond to this even care or are going to agree with me... but you asked so there it is.

This hobby used to be fun. Now it's just a very large group of women who want something for nothing and then don't understand why we aren't chomping at the bit to see them.

I'm not saying all mind you. Just, it seems, MOST. Probably because all of the "good" ones have long since retired.

The last time I contacted someone here to see them they wanted three references and all kinds of personal information.

UMMM NOPE!

I've been a member here for YEARS. If that doesn't account for something then I guess fuck it.

Or maybe.. DON'T fuck it

But don't be surprised when you have all of these fucking rules and regulations and restrictions that your phone isn't ringing off the hook.

There's my .02 for what it's worth.
We’re all adjusting. I suspect the business school providers are doing fine. Time to put those marketing classes to work. Successful providers over the long haul are just good businesspeople.

From the hardleg side it does kind of suck.

Eccie was always a place for the more cheapskate hobbyist to find deals. Now there are no deals. It’s only going to get worse when P411 stops allowing appointment booking. It’s just not worth three bills to put up with potential substandard service, last minute cancellations and a bunch of intrusive screening. I’d rather just go to a spa now. Yeah it kind of blows but the cost/benefit of the whole thing has changed.
We’re all adjusting. I suspect the business school providers are doing fine. Time to put those marketing classes to work. Successful providers over the long haul are just good businesspeople.

Eccie was always a place for the more cheapskate hobbyist to find deals. Now there are no deals. It’s only going to get worse when P411 stops allowing appointment booking. It’s just not worth three bills to put up with potential substandard service, last minute cancellations and a bunch of intrusive screening. I’d rather just go to a spa now. Yeah it kind of blows but the cost/benefit of the whole thing has changed. Originally Posted by FloridaShark
Plus you get a complimentary water and mints...........
Well said. Successful providers also do not use this profession as their only source of revenue. Like all good business people - they diversify. Like the Godfather said - " nothing personal, just business" or something like that.

Eccie was always a place for the more cheapskate hobbyist to find deals. Now there are no deals. It’s only going to get worse when P411 stops allowing appointment booking. It’s just not worth three bills to put up with potential substandard service, last minute cancellations and a bunch of intrusive screening. I’d rather just go to a spa now. Yeah it kind of blows but the cost/benefit of the whole thing has changed. Originally Posted by FloridaShark