Boy George: This is the future that I (and the democrats) were fighting for...

Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
Is it my imagination of do the two "women" to Jenner's left also look like trannies?

Was it she-male night out?
You conveniently forget that LBJ praised Senator Everett Dirkenson (R) for getting the bill passed. Kennedy may have been the impetus LBJ used to persaude people to get behind the bill but that was all JFK was to the bill. You're being blinded by a rose colored glasses view of history. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
Who the fuck is Everett Dirkenson, you blithering idiot?

I guaranfuckingtee you LBJ NEVER praised Sen. Everett Dirkenson for anything.

Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Everett Dirkens? He beat the war drums on Vietnam too.
You conveniently forget that LBJ praised Senator Everett Dirkenson (R) for getting the bill passed. Kennedy may have been the impetus LBJ used to persaude people to get behind the bill but that was all JFK was to the bill. You're being blinded by a rose colored glasses view of history.

[ Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
So you admit Kennedy forced LBJ to pass the bill? But didnt have anything to do with atthe same time. Typical teaparty logic I assume.

Speaking of blinded I think you need another circumcision. You must have gotten shorter over the years.
  • DSK
  • 07-30-2015, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Everett_Dirksen
You're a fucking idiot, too, JL.

Do you think Dirkenson deserves credit, too?

So you admit Kennedy forced LBJ to pass the bill? But didnt have anything to do with atthe same time. Typical teaparty logic I assume.

Speaking of blinded I think you need another circumcision. You must have gotten shorter over the years. Originally Posted by slingblade
From the Chicago Tribune

When President Lyndon Johnson signed the historic Civil Rights Act of 1964, 50 years ago this Wednesday, he handed the first pen used to Dirksen. He predicted that posterity would associate Dirksen with a fellow Illinoisan, Abraham Lincoln. Dirksen's critical role in getting Johnson's bill passed, at long last, put Uncle Sam's muscle behind the 14th Amendment's guarantee to allcitizens of "the equal protection of the laws."

As to your other claim about JFK forcing LBJ to pass the legislation....JFK was dead by this time and he didn't force anyone to do anything. LBJ used the memory of JFK to sell the legislation but it took a republican to make it happen.
From the Chicago Tribune

When President Lyndon Johnson signed the historic Civil Rights Act of 1964, 50 years ago this Wednesday, he handed the first pen used to Dirksen. He predicted that posterity would associate Dirksen with a fellow Illinoisan, Abraham Lincoln. Dirksen's critical role in getting Johnson's bill passed, at long last, put Uncle Sam's muscle behind the 14th Amendment's guarantee to allcitizens of "the equal protection of the laws."

As to your other claim about JFK forcing LBJ to pass the legislation....JFK was dead by this time and he didn't force anyone to do anything. LBJ used the memory of JFK to sell the legislation but it took a republican to make it happen. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
Who's Dirksen? You said his name was Dirkenson.
From the Chicago Tribune

As to your other claim about JFK forcing LBJ to pass the legislation....JFK was dead by this time and he didn't force anyone to do anything. LBJ used the memory of JFK to sell the legislation but it took a republican to make it happen. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
"Kennedy may have been the impetus LBJ used to persaude people"

I guess you should not copy and paste words you do not understand then.
Who's Dirksen? You said his name was Dirkenson. Originally Posted by WombRaider
Forgive me old Grammar Nazi! I was relying on my memory and my mother going on about Dirksen all the time. She had a habit of purposely mangling names whereas you purposely mangle facts. You have no high ground to snipe from.

Doesn't change the fact that LBJ would not have gotten the Civil Rights Act passed without....the GOP!
"Kennedy may have been the impetus LBJ used to persaude people"

I guess you should not copy and paste words you do not understand then. Originally Posted by slingblade
You're going to pick a fight with the Chicago Tribune over words Karl?

Forgive me old Grammar Nazi! I was relying on my memory and my mother going on about Dirksen all the time. She had a habit of purposely mangling names whereas you purposely mangle facts. You have no high ground to snipe from.

Doesn't change the fact that LBJ would not have gotten the Civil Rights Act passed without....the GOP! Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
You still have yet to grasp the fact that the GOP of then is not the GOP of now. Talk about mangling facts...
You still have yet to grasp the fact that the GOP of then is not the GOP of now. Talk about mangling facts... Originally Posted by WombRaider

The modern democratic party has new symbol for the party

or how about

PS. I noticed that you gave up on the Dirksen thing and are now deflecting away. Don't feel sad, I catch stage magicians doing their thing as well.
I was relying on my memory and my mother going on about Dirksen all the time. She had a habit of purposely mangling names Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
So, the truth finally comes out ... now we know how you got the name JDIdiot.
You're a babbling fool, JDrunk. I can't believe you're blaming your inaccuracy on yo mama!

I think the explanation is lamer than the original blurtation!