Goodyear and the price of wokeness

waco, that was a nice deal on that work on your truck.

been wanting to get truck repaired and fixed up as a mini-monster. I hadn't thought about the fender issue.
waco, that was a nice deal on that work on your truck.

been wanting to get truck repaired and fixed up as a mini-monster. I hadn't thought about the fender issue. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
this is the result. Big Red 2.0
Attached Images File Type: jpg thumbnail.jpg (155.9 KB, 26 views)
this is the result. Big Red 2.0 Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid
how much does the lift kit cost?
how much does the lift kit cost? Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm

the kit, 2,000. install 1,200. 37x15 tires 1,600. 4 12.5x15 rims 500. plus the 400 for that guy to fab the finders. to get it as you see it ... 5,700.

the kit was the most expensive Fabtech kit. if you look close at the front end it has a custom shock mount to allow dual front shocks.

add in 3,000 for the front and rear set of full steel bumpers .. Road Armor.

then there is the 3,000 on high performance parts. K&N open element air filter, Gene Banks high performance waste gate for the turbo, 4" header and stainless steel exhaust with high flow muffler and a Edge Products performance module. the results ...

600 hp, 750 ft/pds torque. at level 5 on the module. never did dyno it at Extreme .. level 6.
I ran it at level 5. only set it to level 6 extreme a few times.

at level 5 .. weighing in at 8,100 pounds .. this truck got 18 mpg city .. 23 PLUS on the highway. as you see it. with the aerodynamics of a big red brick. lol.

tow rated at 16,000 pds by Dodge stock. I once towed 23,000 pds with it. I had a 2.5 receiver hitch. standard is 2 inches ..had to buy a 2" hitch with 8" drop and had to have it sleeved to fit. the 8" drop was to make up for the lift and allow me to attach a trailer hitch basically level to the ground.

even starting with a three quarter ton turbo diesel with dana 60 front axle and dana 70 posi rear axle I still had to heavily modify it. even "little" things like the modified 8" sleeved drop hitch. once you start down the hard core 4x4 path .. even with a hard core truck to start with .. it never ends. always something to upgrade.

this truck at 600 hp pushed corvettes to the limit. oh they would get past me but if they were lazy I'd drop the hammer and jump over a truck length plus on them ,then it total shock they'd realize they had been setup an have to floor it to pull past me.

I did beat some older vetts. used to drag it at a race track near temple. sucker betted a few guys with vetts.

bahhaaa

grand total .. 11,000. not counting the basics I put on it before I lifted it after owning it for 4 years stock. like the running bars and camper shell.
this is the result. Big Red 2.0 Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid
how much does the lift kit cost? Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
looking at your truck, it looks like like it lost its jaws and replaced it with a brace to hide the missing jaw for a bumper..

it looks weird, but you're happy with it.

lol.
looking at your truck, it looks like like it lost its jaws and replaced it with a brace to hide the missing jaw for a bumper..

it looks weird, but you're happy with it.

lol. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
No. first I wouldn't put a body lift on my truck. that does cause a gap which can be corrected if you are a bit clever. this bumper is made to fit exactly as the original one did, no gap.

that front bumper wasn't really what I wanted. I wanted a pre-runner style bumper but they had a sale package for this full bull bar style and the rear bumper so I decided to take it. the pre runner style only had room for one set of off road lights. the one I took had room for two sets.

and the style I chose has two sets of PIAA lights. so I had 4wheelparts install it and wire it. I installed and wired the two sets on the bar. so it had 4 sets of off road lights.

I also had the stock headlights adjusted to stock alignment after I lifted the truck. many don't bother and then wonder why their headlights don't illuminate the road correctly. lol. I also adjusted the PIAA's .. that was hard to do but I wanted them aimed properly. same to both sets of lights in the bar. they don't do you any good if they shine on trees.

these are just a few of the details many people don't realize when they lift a truck.

and it never really stops. modify one thing and it has a ripple effect on other things. always having to upgrade something to match up. drive train, lights, even the speedo which I also had recalibrated to read correctly due to those 37x15 tires.

I custom ordered this truck. these dealers kept saying "oh we can locate it for you, no need to actually custom order it." I said go ahead and try, you will fail. I told them the only option was the color. I said ,, fire engine red, my first choice, artic white, number two, and royal blue.

nothing else was negotiable. they failed. the reason was that I optioned the 4.10 gear set where 3.55 was the standard. only two ratios available. I took the higher ratio because I knew I'd eventually lift it and put on oversize tires. if you look at gear ratio charts you can see what the effective ratio is once you lift a truck. on the chart it shows the actual ratio and you look at the new tire size and it shows you the reduction. I knew before I even bought that truck that by optioning 4.10 gears for a lousy 50 bucks upgrade where it would cost at least a thousand to change gears later I would end up with the default ratio of 3.55 with 37x15 tires. meaning the truck would not be "under-geared" after I lifted it.

that's a common problem when you put big tires on a lifted truck.

also I optioned the automatic trans, a 1,000 upgrade from the free manual trans, and the heavy duty transfer case. it had a pto option which I didn't need but it was a heavy duty transfer case from the standard. and it came with a skid plate for the transfer case. could have optioned that for standard trans case.

so the combo of automatic trans, 4.10 gears and the heavy duty trans case made this truck unique where they couldn't locate it even in the internet age.

BAHHAAA