Islam is a CANCER

When was the last time you opened up a bible and the Old Testament wasn't included? Originally Posted by eatfibo
Every time.

Mine doesn't have the "new" stuff...
  • DSK
  • 02-25-2016, 04:02 PM
When was the last time you opened up a bible and the Old Testament wasn't included?

Citation? Originally Posted by eatfibo
Didn't you get one of those New Testament only pocket bibles in church camp?

Doesn't matter, I know you are familiar with the New Covenant superseding the old law of Moses.

Jesus fulfilled the law..etc???
Every time.

Mine doesn't have the "new" stuff... Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
@4:41
Every time.

Mine doesn't have the "new" stuff... Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
@4:54
Didn't you get one of those New Testament only pocket bibles in church camp?

Doesn't matter, I know you are familiar with the New Covenant superseding the old law of Moses.

Jesus fulfilled the law..etc??? Originally Posted by DSK
Then why is the Old Testament still there? Why did Jesus quote the Old Testament if it is no longer relevant? Why does every Christian church quote from the Old Testament every Sunday?
  • DSK
  • 02-25-2016, 06:30 PM
Then why is the Old Testament still there? Why did Jesus quote the Old Testament if it is no longer relevant? Why does every Christian church quote from the Old Testament every Sunday? Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
Jesus fulfilled the law which was prophesied about in the Old Testament. It is an historical document, and it tells what happened on the way to Jesus.

Christians are not bound by the Law of Moses for sacrifices and fulfilling the law to gain salvation - hell, I thought everyone already knew that stuff.
Jesus fulfilled the law which was prophesied about in the Old Testament. It is an historical document, and it tells what happened on the way to Jesus.

Christians are not bound by the Law of Moses for sacrifices and fulfilling the law to gain salvation - hell, I thought everyone already knew that stuff. Originally Posted by DSK
Obviously not.
Every time.

Mine doesn't have the "new" stuff...

Christians are not bound by the Law of Moses for sacrifices and fulfilling the law to gain salvation - hell, I thought everyone already knew that stuff. Originally Posted by DSK
Then why does your minister preach on tithing? Why do dispensationalists rely on Daniel? Why do some bother with the 10 Commandments? Which parts of the Old Testament are relevant, and how do you decide?

BTW, I am not a religionist, and I think the Bible was the worst thing to happen to Christianity.
Then why does your minister preach on tithing? Why do dispensationalists rely on Daniel? Why do some bother with the 10 Commandments? Which parts of the Old Testament are relevant, and how do you decide?

BTW, I am not a religionist, and I think the Bible was the worst thing to happen to Christianity.
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy

Borrowed from older religions. This is a virtual image of Octavian's monument to the gods for his victory over Anthony at Actium. Note how there are nearly 40 bronze ram sheaths from Anthony's captured triremes studding the wall representing a tenth part of the nearly 400 ships Anthony lost.

The cavities depicted in the wall mark where the bronze ram sheaths were mounted for display.
  • DSK
  • 02-26-2016, 07:23 AM

BTW, I am not a religionist, and I think the Bible was the worst thing to happen to Christianity. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
Nothing in the Old Testament is untrue for its time, but the law of Moses is superseded.
I'm not an apologist, I'm just stating the basics.
Nothing in the Old Testament is untrue for its time, but the law of Moses is superseded.
I'm not an apologist, I'm just stating the basics. Originally Posted by DSK
Superseded by what? A book that is not untrue for THIS time? The fucking constitution? Or the second half of the Chrstian Koran?

Rah rah rah!

You're a fucking bigot, JL. You prove that with every post, you callus-kneed cocksucker!
Then why is the Old Testament still there? Why did Jesus quote the Old Testament if it is no longer relevant? Why does every Christian church quote from the Old Testament every Sunday? Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
Because Christians get to pick and choose what parts of the bible to believe. However, all Muslims have to believe the most violent teachings of their book.