Illegal Immigrants Receive Billions of Dollars More from the IRS than They Pay in

I can't believe this. I'm defending Doove. Beam me up, Scotty!

Doove is arguing $150 to $300 per day is chump change, and you say he is making sense? Originally Posted by I B Hankering
It's way less than chump change after you're done paying your chiropractor for the rest of you life.
But they'll find out the hard way and end up with investing in machines.
Or their business dies.
Doove is arguing, and he may correct me if I'm wrong, the same thing I have said. Illegal immigrants are doing jobs that Americans won't do at that wage level. Increase the wages and more Americans will do the work. That is a fact. It is clear that the employers of illegal aliens are doing so because they can hire them at a wage that is below equilibrium wages for that activity. It distorts the market, so in actuality, hiring illegals is anti-capitalistic for that reason. Remove the illegals, and employers will have to pay the equilibrium wage.

If that is what Doove meant, he is correct. If he meant something else, he's an idiot.

Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
What is also distorting the market is the government's policy of paying people not to work. You must remove both the illegals and the government "competition" for labor to to establish the true value of labor. Doove has historically been against both actions.
It's way less than chump change after you're done paying your chiropractor for the rest of you life.
But they'll find out the hard way and end up with investing in machines.
Or their business dies. Originally Posted by waverunner234
You didn't answer the question, so evidently you are afraid to admit you did not hurt yourself . . . but neither did I . . . hence your "straw man" argument is demonstrably fallacious.
You didn't answer the question, so evidently you are afraid to admit did not hurt yourself . . . but neither did I . . . hence your "straw man" argument is demonstrably fallacious. Originally Posted by I B Hankering
Here is your answer, no I didn't hurt myself.
The reason that I didn't hurt myself was that I only did it for a few days. After that I realized that I would pay the rest of my life I quit. In both jobs.
And I found other jobs.
Doove is arguing, and he may correct me if I'm wrong, the same thing I have said. Illegal immigrants are doing jobs that Americans won't do at that wage level. Increase the wages and more Americans will do the work. That is a fact. It is clear that the employers of illegal aliens are doing so because they can hire them at a wage that is below equilibrium wages for that activity. It distorts the market, so in actuality, hiring illegals is anti-capitalistic for that reason. Remove the illegals, and employers will have to pay the equilibrium wage.

If that is what Doove meant, he is correct. If he meant something else, he's an idiot.

thats assuming the farmers are paying them below minimum wage.

based on the referenced story:

this farmer apparently had a $600 budget for his workers.

4 guys are being paid $150 each and they picked 250 boxes (62 boxes per worker) roughly $2.42 per box picked.

25 guys are being paid $24 each and they picked 200 boxes (8 boxes per worker) roughly $3 per box picked.

Hell, if I got paid $25 to pick the boxes, it wouldn't be worth it unless one made it with effort and time to get to $150 or more.

Minimum wage is a bit better at $60 a day.

oh I got off track, apparently this farmer is low balling Hispanic workers.
Minimum wage is not equilibrium wage.
is that the where he says "to pay them $2000 a day" in reference to your chump change comment? Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
Yes, knowing full well there would be no industry (no jobs) if pickers collected some $100 to $200 per box.
What is also distorting the market is the government's policy of paying people not to work. You must remove both the illegals and the government "competition" for labor to to establish the true value of labor. Doove has historically been against both actions. Originally Posted by I B Hankering

Well, you are right, and I know Doove is generally wrong. But this time he was right. You have to encourage them when they are right, or they will never see the light.

Well, you are right, and I know Doove is generally wrong. But this time he was right. You have to encourage them when they are right, or they will never see the light.

But it's not capitalism when the government taxes the business owners, and then, with those proceeds, pays and thereby encourages the workers not to work.
Who would want these jobs?
I wouldn't go even if the pay was $10,000 per day.
(Fukushima power plant)
Minimum wage is not equilibrium wage. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
what I posted may not have been an example equilbrium wage.

Ok, I'll admit I wasn't paying attention and missed the "equilibrium" part.

I assume you mean wages being equal to the job/task at hand?
I think they have a good retirement plan. Plus, they save on electricity since they glow in the dark.
Equilibrium wage is where what the employer wants to pay, and what the employee wants to earn, meet. I could explain better, but I don't know how to do graphs on here.
I think they have a good retirement plan. Plus, they save on electricity since they glow in the dark. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
Sadly enough, these men are already retired. The only people Japan could find for this job were old people since they figured that these people would die anyway from old age before the radio activity got them.
Don't we live in a wonderful world?