I know we've done this before....

• WTF
  • 01-14-2010, 08:39 AM
Originally Posted by TexRich
Cut off a toe? Damn some seem to think the question was which is your favorite child! LOL

I say Stones. I always liked "I'm not waiting on a Lady"

Also the opening scene in "The Big Chill" where they are playing "You can't always get what you want" ...classic.

Here they are on the Ed Sully show in '66.

http://www.videoplayer.hu/videos/play/30427
Cut off a toe? Damn some seem to think the question was which is your favorite child! LOL Originally Posted by WTF
I love other peoples children, but will never have my own.

That being said, I put great value on music. The preformers I adore are irriplacable. Music is the sountrack of our lives. Asides from the songs that speak to us, it can bring back a place in time with a vivid power like few things can.
I choose the Beatles. From orchestration (George Martin is the fifth Beatle), audio engineering, to writing hit after hit, and songs that still hold water today, they are the choice for me.

So Camille, do I make the "grade?"
  • WTF
  • 01-14-2010, 09:17 AM
I love other peoples children, but will never have my own.

That being said, I put great value on music. The preformers I adore are irriplacable. Music is the sountrack of our lives. Asides from the sings that speak to us, it can bring back a place in time with a vivid power like few things can. Originally Posted by Lauren Summerhill
It was a choice.....If you had to choose. Who would you choose? If you could only choose between one, which? If they were going to cut off all your toe's including your big toes could you then make such a horrific choice? ....who would it be? Beattles or Stones? Should we just order you a wheelchair?

When you wake up to the sound of music, mother Mary comes to you,
speaking words of wisdom, who would it be?
Stones. Ya, ya, I know in 100 years we’ll be talking about the Beatles like we do Mozart, but Keith Richards is the greatest rock star EVER.
"Don't tell me what I can't do!" - John Locke

Stones

I just like being difficult. Originally Posted by Nicolette Bordeauxva
Beatles Originally Posted by Nicolette Bordeauxva
Stones Originally Posted by Nicolette Bordeauxva
Nicely done!!!

Your lips say, "non... non..."

But there is "oui...oui..." in your eyes!!
Nicely done!!!

Your lips say, "non... non..."

But there is "oui...oui..." in your eyes!! Originally Posted by Sisyphus
You better not wee wee in my eyes!

Thank you Sisyphus, glad you liked it.
You better not wee wee in my eyes!

Thank you Sisyphus, glad you liked it. Originally Posted by Nicolette Bordeauxva
LOL... Wouldn't dream of it! It's just a stupid old expression!

You're MORE than welcome, NB! Anybody who can straddle like that is all right with me!!!
I should go into politics.
I should go into politics. Originally Posted by Nicolette Bordeauxva
You already are!!!
The Beatles
The Stones, but only as they would better blend with other music currently on the ipod(your stated criteria).

I guess I could be bratty, like Sys, and demand my own other: the Stranglers.
I very much enjoy the Beatles. Very creative. Very musical, etc.

That being said, Pete Townsend had it right. The Rolling Stones are the World's Greatest Rock 'n Roll Band. Bar none. Were then. Still are. Period.
And from the first time that she really done me
Oh, she done me, she done me good.
I guess nobody ever really done me
Oh, she done me, she done me good.
Don't let me down; don't let me down.

Beatles; Don't Let Me Down