What are you reading?

Life inside the bubble by Dan Bongino
The Billy Bob Tapes: A cave full of ghosts by Billy Bob Thornton and Kinky Friedman Originally Posted by R.M.
Billy Bob and Kinky Friedman those are 2 names I haven't heard in forever.
  • Sonya
  • 08-17-2014, 01:41 PM
Dan Brown, Inferno. Seductress, Women who ravished the world and their lost art of love by Betsy Prioleau. And lastly, The book of the Courteasans by Susan Griffin.
  • ackvt
  • 08-17-2014, 02:17 PM
I"m reading the Alan Furst novels in order. Currently on Red Gold. These are great spy novels, not far fetched Tom Clancy and the like novels. These are very realistic and perfectly interweave historical fact into the lives of fictional characters. Also puts into perspective the whole Russian-Ukraine situation, the early books in the series detail the German occupation of European countries that were settled by Germans and their ancestors, and how, like today, the "Motherland" claims these people and their land.
The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
Read books one and two of the Chronicles of Amber last night, started book three today. This is my fifteenth time through them...
This is my fifteenth time through them... Originally Posted by Wakeup
Maybe reading comprehension isn't your strong point.
Maybe reading comprehension isn't your strong point. Originally Posted by GlobeSpotter
I bet you've never seen a movie twice...or listened to a song twice...or ate the same food twice...or fucked the same chick twice, in your life either...

Maybe you should leave the trolling to the professionals...
Read books one and two of the Chronicles of Amber last night, started book three today. This is my fifteenth time through them... Originally Posted by Wakeup
What genre is that?
According to the book spine of the editions I have, it's Science Fiction...but that's probably because Fantasy and Science Fiction were often interchanged genres back then, and these books are set in a modern time, just with fantastical settings...
by H. R. Haggard. A Sci Fi Classic.

She, subtitled A History of Adventure, is a novel by Henry Rider Haggard, first serialised in The Graphic magazine from October 1886 to January 1887. She is one of the classics of imaginative literature, and as of 1965 with over 83 million copies sold in 44 different languages,[1] one of the best-selling books of all time. Extraordinarily popular upon its release, She has never been out of print. According to the literary historian Andrew M. Stauffer, "She has always been Rider Haggard's most popular and influential novel, challenged only by King Solomon's Mines in this regard".
Because of this thread I thought I would read the George R. R. Martin series "A Song of Ice and Fire"
A decent read but not as good IMO as it is hyped to be.
Both of these are much better in that Genre
David Eddings " The Belgariad"
Raymond E Feist "The Riftwar Saga"
Playboy,
May 1986 edition.
  • Seedy
  • 08-22-2014, 06:26 PM
Lone Survivor, by Marcus Lutrell
Just starting Anabasis: the March Up Country by Xenophon. Alexander is said to have kept it close along with Iliad during his campaigns.

Ackvt mentioned Furst's books...those things are addictive. Just finished Spies of the Balkans which is set mostly in Salonika...the prelude to the Nazi invasion after the Greeks ran the Eye-ties off.