What is "The Conference Room?"

Wow. I thought you wanted tolerance and an end to personal attacks.....

I don't have a problem with a forum that has a zero tolerance policy on inflammatory threads; I think a "private club" for elevated discussion is the joke.

But you obviously think differently and act otherwise (as illustrated in your own above post).

Have fun in your private world. Why do I think your contribution will largely be you bloviating about who you are, how much you travel to DC, and what you have done.

"application" and "members" - that is a priceless joke.

I am hoping your "application" gets approved and your "membership in the "Conference Room" means we will be seeing less of you here.

They way I read your post you think this forum meets your needs and you like the atmosphere of the wild west.

I also assume you have no intention of applications to join the one.

And I somehow i suspect the members there will not be heartbroken about you spurning them. I could be wrong. Originally Posted by Old-T
  • Old-T
  • 01-17-2015, 06:59 PM
I think you are seriously misreading my post. You clearly do not approve of their approach. You gave it one star rating. So why would you join?

They--whoever "they" are--clearly do not think this forum meets their needs/preferences. So my point was you are probably both quite happy without the other group. What is your issue with that?

Seriously, if you read anything more into my comment than that, you are overanalyzing my post.

As to what I talk about and use as instantiations of my points, why should I not use what I have seen/done first hand? Should I just make stuff up?
  • WTF
  • 01-17-2015, 07:31 PM

Should I just make stuff up? Originally Posted by Old-T
I don't know why not, JL has made an art of it!
Thought there was already one, called the sandbox.
Still waiting for my invite. LOL!
Still waiting for my invite. LOL! Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
you don't receive an invitation, you make application

no wonder!
Still waiting for my invite. LOL! Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
Still can't follow instructions. Tisk Tisk.
And then CM gives you either the thumbs up or the thumbs down.....I don't know if he asks for your FICO Score, your MENSA Score, or other credentials for membership.

you don't receive an invitation, you make application

no wonder! Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought
And then CM gives you either the thumbs up or the thumbs down.....I don't know if he asks for your FICO Score, your MENSA Score, or other credentials for membership. Originally Posted by Whirlaway
You'll never get in based on that criteria.

I alluded (somewhat obliquely) to an invitation-only ECCIE discussion forum, after which I received a number of PMs asking about it. The forum is called The Conference Room

If you are seriously interested in participating in the new forum, please let me know by posting here or sending me a PM. Originally Posted by CaptainMidnight
I see the confusion

The room was alluded to as invitation only

But the post requested application
Still waiting for my invite. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
They do not allow Idiot's.

Just sayin'
I posted here. No response. No invitation. Must only be for members who agree with Moonbat. Now he has his own little kingdom, where he remains unchallenged. Good for him.
I posted here. No response. No invitation. Must only be for members who agree with Moonbat. Now he has his own little kingdom, where he remains unchallenged. Good for him. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
See Post #56!
If you allow whores in, I would love an invite. Thanks.
If you allow whores in, I would love an invite. Thanks. Originally Posted by thathottnurse
As far as I am concerned, you're always welcome!