"I was afraid for my life!"

Sha-na-na has proven that he just wants something to bitch about. Everyone agrees with you idiot for the most part but you just want to pick a fight.
Did you even bother to read what you copied and pasted? Originally Posted by WombRaider
Yes. I read it about 30 years ago. When did you start reading?

Here, let me quote the SCOTUS AGAIN .... with your harebrain comment:

:Originally Posted by WombRaider
It's interesting that your tone almost indicates an indignation on your part. A case? A fleeing man was shot in the BACK. Even in the Old West, that was the pinnacle of cowardice.
Originally Posted by LexusLover

Not even the U.S. Supreme Court has taken than position. The case is ...

Tennessee vs. Garner, 471 U.S. 1 (1985), which was based upon the "reasonableness" of the "seizure," which is how the SCOTUS evaluated the 4th amendment application to the shooting of a fleeing child by an LE officer.

To assert such a hard and fast rule or conclusion ignores all possible explanations.

"The use of deadly force to prevent the escape of all felony suspects, whatever the circumstances, is constitutionally unreasonable. It is not better that all felony suspects die than that they escape. Where the suspect poses no immediate threat to the officer and no threat to others, the harm resulting from failing to apprehend him does not justify the use of deadly force to do so. It is no doubt unfortunate when a suspect who is in sight escapes, but the fact that the police arrive a little late or are a little slower afoot does not always justify killing the suspect. A police officer may not seize an unarmed, nondangerous suspect by shooting him dead. .....

"It is not, however, unconstitutional on its face. Where the officer has probable cause to believe that the suspect poses a threat of serious physical harm, either to the officer or to others, it is not constitutionally unreasonable to prevent escape by using deadly force. Thus, if the suspect threatens the officer with a weapon or there is probable cause to believe that he has committed a crime involving the infliction or threatened infliction of serious physical harm, deadly force may be used if necessary to prevent escape, and if, where [12] feasible, some warning has been given."

There are circumstances when shooting a fleeing suspect in the back is justified.
Now "cherry pick" the SCOTUS opinion to fit your dumbass "coward" comment. "Cut and Paste" .... ? Call it spoon-feeding the ignorant.

fyi ... "NOT UNCONSTITUTIONAL" = CONSTITUTIONAL (aka LAWFUL)
It didn't. Nor was it intended to be. If you took it that way, it's your fault. Of course I believe that appropriate justice was served in this case. Hard not to when it's all there on the highlight reels.

I am not sure where you are getting those sentiments from. I certainly never accused you of being a racist.
Although I did take you for a republican when you said "The system has worked thus far". Either that is a really, really poorly worded statement or you're just backing down from a claim you made originally. NO not backing down, nor was it poorly worded, the system worked, the officer was charged with murder. Thus far, relates to the fact that the officer has not been tried and therefore no solution to the case has been determined. The system may fail in the long run if there is a finding that the officer was not guilty, in that case that would be a failure of the system. Any rational person reading that statement would make this assumption: you believe the system here in America has been working for all past and present cases involving police brutality. Well no only a person assuming what my position is based on previous postings having lumped me into the conservative republican camp. The system certainly has not been working. Never said it did overall but in this case it has to this point I could post a hundred other videos proving you otherwise. You wouldn't be proving anything to me, as no matter how much you want to expand a narrow response into an all encompassing one you will not succeed As wombraider mentioned, Eric Garner's case is a perfect example. And you know my position and feelings on this case how? I have never commented on it must be your poorly tuned assumption skills. Rather than take action, republicans would rather sit back and watch as this country turns into a police state. Blah blah blah and the sole purpose of this whole exercise comes to light., more political hogwash And it seems you would too. I have stated my position, explained my statement, at this point I could careless what you believe or your efforts to save face You say you're not a republican but your words indicate otherwise. Originally Posted by shanm
You say your intelligent, but your words indicate otherwise.
You say your intelligent, but your words indicate otherwise. Originally Posted by dirty dog
You do realize that in Shanmless's world he declares himself the winner, and pronounces his own comparative intellectual superiority .... it's the nature of the internet ... his own little special world ...... where he can "win"!!!!
You do realize that in Shanmless's world he declares himself the winner, and pronounces his own comparative intellectual superiority .... it's the nature of the internet ... his own little special world ...... where he can "win"!!!! Originally Posted by LexusLover
You should try breathing... a little less.
You should try breathing... a little less. Originally Posted by WombRaider
When you are around it's necessary.
When you are around it's necessary. Originally Posted by LexusLover
Necessary to... what? You're not making any sense.
Necessary to... what? You're not making any sense. Originally Posted by WombRaider
That's because you are accustomed to your own stench.

Now, do you want to return to the OP topic ... or continue to pretend to be WR?
That's because you are accustomed to your own stench.

Now, do you want to return to the OP topic ... or continue to pretend to be WR? Originally Posted by LexusLover
You don't even make any sense when you talk.
What we know so far;

Officer Slager shot Scott in the back while he was jogging away.
Officer Slager did not perform any CPR or First Aid as he claimed.
The other officer also did not perform any life saving measures as was claimed.
Scott has an outstanding warrant for child support.
Two witness now have stated that there was a scuffle before the shooting with both men on the ground. A taser was heard discharging.
Officer Slager was not in any immediate danger when he fired his weapon.

What we don't know;
Did Officer Slager shoot Scott because he was black or because he was trying to escape after fighting with the officer?
That is the million dollar question and we don't have an answer yet.

Sha-na-na and the race pimps (Sharpton, Jackson, et. al.) would have you believe what no one knows. Don't fall for this crap like Sha-na-na has.

I don't think Slager was justified and he has been fired and charged with murder. What more do people like Sharpton and Jackson want. A lynching?
You don't even make any sense when you talk. Originally Posted by WombRaider
Well, I wasn't talking. But also a concept you ought to recognize is that just because you don't understand what someone writes doesn't mean they can't write. You should know that. Aren't you a "free lance writer"?
  • shanm
  • 04-09-2015, 11:51 AM
[COLOR=red]

"The system has worked thus far". NO not backing down, nor was it poorly worded Yes, yes it was. Look at it again. Then go take some remedial English classes.

Well no only a person assuming what my position is based on previous postings having lumped me into the conservative republican camp. I don't know what your "previous postings" are and I don't give a shit. I'll say it again, any rational person reading that statement would make this assumption: you believe the system here in America has been working for all past and present cases involving police brutality.

Never said it did overall but in this case it has to this point
Those are the three magic words you missed.

You wouldn't be proving anything to me Well that'll put you nice and cozy next to the other dipshit's on this board.

And you know my position and feelings on this case how? From your asinine responses on this thread.

Blah blah blah and the sole purpose of this whole exercise comes to light., more political hogwash
You're damn right it's political. This is a political thread you dipshit. It's cute that you think it's hogwash, but this is actually the civil right's issue of our time. Feel free to sit back while the patriotic take charge.

I have stated my position(extremely poorly), explained my statement, at this point I could careless what you believe or your efforts to save face You say you're not a republican but your words indicate otherwise.
A third grader could post better responses than you. So far, all I've heard from you is incoherent babbling and indignation that someone called you a racist (which no one did). It seems like you've been taking classes from LustyTurd on how to hijack threads with your irrelevant POV. It stems from the fact that both of you can't read to save your life.

You say your intelligent, but your words indicate otherwise. Originally Posted by dirty dog

...he has been fired and charged with murder. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
Let's wait and see if the grand jury indicts him, and for what charge(s). Then see the results of the trial. He made even make a deal.

I think it's called "due process."
...You say your intelligent, but your words indicate otherwise... Originally Posted by shanm
You still judging "intelligence" levels by typos and misspellings on a blog on a hooker board? You're not suggesting you've never made any typos or misspelled any words on here are you?
  • shanm
  • 04-09-2015, 12:03 PM
You still judging "intelligence" levels by typos and misspellings on a blog on a hooker board? Originally Posted by LexusLover
Those were your words, not mine. Feel free to tell Dirty Dog how you think he is an Ignoramus. For the first time, you and I will happen to agree.

Speaking of being an idiot by your own standards:

He made even make a deal.
Originally Posted by LexusLover

Stop slobbering all over this board you fucking IGNORAMUS