Question

Heh, awesome...
The sarcastic and nasty nature of most of these comments is interesting.

I am a businessman who is not patticularly naive. The lady involved is a very good woman despite her prior occupation. She was rather expensive so probably she is not known by many on this site.

Family considerations on both sides make marriage the right thing in this case. Originally Posted by Nick11796
I am going to take past status and profession out of the equation and point out two things YOU have said:

1. "She was rather expensive" and
2. "Family considerations on both sides make marriage the right thing"

If there is no "nest egg" of her own from her elevated income level, then from an economic point of view you can look forward to problems in the budget department, and

marrying because one's family thinks it is "the right thing" to do is NOT a solid foundation upon which to begin a marriage...in this society.
RENT never own! You can upgrade any time you want! And you WILL want to upgrade!

My little black book is thicker than Charlie Sheen's Pre-Nup

BTW: You want answers? I think I'm entitled! You want answers? I want the truth! You can't handle the truth!

Grab the bull by the horns ... and I'm not a UT fan!

Originally Posted by Still Looking
Then his Pre-Nup cost less than your thicker black book!
The lady who I am involved with is not good with money. In the past she has made a lot and spent a lot (on clothes, jewelry, cars, trips). I am aware of that, and we are dealing with it.

She is very pretty and dresses in a way that calls attention to herself. She also flirts a lot. Those things will not change.

However, despite everything else, she is faithful and tries hard to make me happy emotionally as well as physically. She expects me to be faithful to her and to treat her like a wife and not a mistress.

She has told me a lot about her life as a provider and the men she serviced. There are no secrets. Now she is out of the business.

There are good and bad things as in most relationships. For me, the good far outweighs the bad.
Sounds to me you've made up your mind.... Why did you start this thread?
There are no secrets. Originally Posted by Nick11796
You deserve it.....make it happen.
Just dont go calling me a home wrecker.
You deserve it.....make it happen. Originally Posted by dearhunter

The greatness involved with that statement are so vast it is not even funny...... eventho its freaking hilarious!!!

JaD
...but you'd be a fool not to get a prenup... Originally Posted by Valerie
This worked well for Valerie and I...but I'm the one who signed, she makes more money than I do...
This worked well for Valerie and I...but I'm the one who signed, she makes more money than I do... Originally Posted by Wakeuр
Well..ya know, I had to make sure you weren't with me for the wrong reasons darling
RENT never own! You can upgrade any time you want! And you WILL want to upgrade!

BTW: You want answers? I think I'm entitled! You want answers? I want the truth! You can't handle the truth!

Grab the bull by the horns ... and I'm not a UT fan! Originally Posted by Still Looking
I'll have to agree here.
A very wise and very wealthy man once told me :
"If it floats, flys or fucks.......rent it!"
Good luck to you. Sounds like your course is set already. Pay the naysayers no mind. To each their own. But if you're in the position of financial advantage I'd get a prenup.
Many of us have already been down that road before, so we're just relaying our experiences. Seems like you've already made your decision, and nothing anybody says here will change your mind. It's kind of like telling your best friend the woman he's about to marry is completely wrong for him. It doesn't matter how many times you tell him, he's already made up his mind and going to do it anyway.

Sometimes we have to actually walk that journey with our own two feet before we can learn from it. For your sake, I wish you the best and hope it works out for you.
You have given key pieces of information in bits and pieces which is interesting. I suspect there is more key pieces of information on both sides. My advice is go for some professional counseling with a therapist who has a great reputation for being openminded. It would be nice hearing her side of all that you have raised before we can give you valid advice.