TX HB1540 (Increasing Prohibited Sex Work Penalties From Misdemeanors To Felonies)

I do look for a well publicized celebrity bust so the authorities can make the point.

I can imagine a surveillance camera stake out of a high volume AMP feeding a facial recognition effort. Then threatening to expose alleged clients to get them to flip on the AMP ladies.

Heck; LE could open a series of fly-by-night AMP sting operations. You get a massage and get busted when groping or asking about the "tip".

They could do a sting with an LEO dancer at a SC. You ask about extras or OTC action and get busted when you show up.
I'll bet it changes the real-world dating scene too. Fine dining and expensive theater tickets could be framed as a quid pro quo for BCD action to follow. . .even days later.

Watch out! This could get awkward folks!
I'll bet it changes the real-world dating scene too. Fine dining and expensive theater tickets could be framed as a quid pro quo for BCD action to follow. . .even days later.

Watch out! This could get awkward folks! Originally Posted by ICU 812
So a sugarbaby type deal, which is legal for now.
Hello so I have to put my though here ,although, I'm in Florida. This is not going to help anyone, and to think it would is obscured. So F charge ? Your charging the adults the ones who help more so with keeping the sex trafficking down ,instead of where the new law will make it sky rocket. With less workers and thirsty men what in the world do they think will happen? Yes, that is right this is almost the dumbest shit ever.
...,instead of where the new law will make it sky rocket. With less workers and thirsty men what in the world do they think will happen? Yes, that is right this is almost the dumbest shit ever. Originally Posted by ReviewBree
Good point!

I imagine that lot of thirsty men will cross over to Mexico where from what I've heard the cartels do most of the pimping.

Other thirsty men will victimize unwilling participants around them in their social sphere I.E. at home at work and at church.

It seems like a few streets in Houston became an embarrassment that helped propel a state law backed by fundamentalists and radical feminists working off of studies that dramatically inflate the number of actual trafficking victims and villainize men as deserving long prison sentences for satiating instinctual desires commercially.

Man I get preachy and I have to edit these posts to keep from rambling.

Anyway here's are two recent studies that shows increased criminalization does not diminish demand.

https://www.globalpolicyjournal.com/...ex-trafficking

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/soej.12532
Well of course the more gov "helps " the worse thing get "always"
Problem is there is also little sympathy on the Dems side for legalizing sex work
It’s up and running this afternoon. Originally Posted by TinMan
Been trying to login to OH2 but I keep getting my ip address is banned by the administrator. I use a VPN always. Sure as hell ain't gonna be online without it. It never used to be a problem before the new law. Kinda makes you go hmmmm
Some VPNs seem to work ok. I don’t know why that is.
I know some VPN's can be subpoenaed by the U.S. and are more subject to having your info turned over. I use one outside U.S. jurisdiction. Nordvpn. I didn't have a problem when I used PIA, but I found out they are subject to U.S. requirements.

https://www.techradar.com/vpn/privat...-log-anonymous
Been trying to login to OH2 but I keep getting my ip address is banned by the administrator. I use a VPN always. Sure as hell ain't gonna be online without it. It never used to be a problem before the new law. Kinda makes you go hmmmm Originally Posted by Traveler33
OH2 is blocking some of the NordVPN US address ranges. I just switch to a country outside the US and, then, I have no issues.
I know some VPN's can be subpoenaed by the U.S. and are more subject to having your info turned over. I use one outside U.S. jurisdiction. Nordvpn. I didn't have a problem when I used PIA, but I found out they are subject to U.S. requirements.

https://www.techradar.com/vpn/privat...-log-anonymous Originally Posted by Traveler33
Yeah, even after 9/1/21 I’m less worried about the government issuing subpoenas for my information and more worried about other evildoers.
It's because of stuff like this that I'm so damn cautious ⚠️. The other day I went to a spa with the full intention of having some much needed down time. I was in the parking lot too long. Went in to inquire. Was told to make an appointment for 3 days out.
I’m very curious as to why this is not talked about more… simply sending a text message for solicitation is a felony… that’s ridiculous. Basically contacting a provider whether you’re a regular or not is taking a huge chance.