Herman Cain: The Plot Thickens

marshall = noodles
  • WTF
  • 11-04-2011, 08:52 PM
Recent?

Tell that to the Vanderbilts, Rockerfellers, Morgans, Fords, Mellons, DuPonts, Astors , etc.....

There have ALWAYS been the one percenters.... there ALWAYS will be! Originally Posted by MrGiz
Brilliant, just brilliant.

The problem is not that there are 1%'ers, the problem is the huge wealth disparity.
The top 400 wealthy folks in this country.
The income disparity.

The access to power these wealthy folks have.
  • MrGiz
  • 11-04-2011, 10:01 PM
Brilliant, just brilliant.

The problem is not that there are 1%'ers, the problem is the huge wealth disparity.
The top 400 wealthy folks in this country.
The income disparity.

The access to power these wealthy folks have. Originally Posted by WTF
Brilliant, indeed!!
Are you trying to tell me that hasn't also been the case, since the days of the Founding Fathers?

Is that what you're saying?
It is getting worse, and it is not a good trend. It's the result of too much business control over government. Jesse Ventura was not too far wrong when he called the system "fascist". The crony capitalism we're seeing now is very close to fascism. A return to capitalism and smaller government would work to reduce the disparity, but we are going in exactly the opposite direction.
  • Doove
  • 11-05-2011, 06:20 AM
Noooooo. . . brilliant, was your often whined >>"The extent of the income inequality in this country, on the other hand, is a pretty recent occurrence."<< comment!! Originally Posted by MrGiz
There have always been the haves and have-nots. No shit, sherlock. But are you saying there has always been this level of disparity in income? Always?
  • MrGiz
  • 11-05-2011, 06:43 AM
There have always been the haves and have-nots. No shit, sherlock. But are you saying there has always been this level of disparity in income? Always? Originally Posted by Doove
Yes... ALWAYS!!

"In a modern open-market capitalist society, entrepreneurs get rich and the poor get better off as a result -- OF COURSE they're not going to get as rich as fast (duh).*So, of course the gap thereby gets wider -- but the top AND BOTTOM of the gap both rise to levels higher than before. The gap is widening?? Well, hooray for everyone’s sake! ESPECIALLY the poor!"

As I have recently said in another thread... over half of the "poor" Americans you are whining about, are filthy rich! as compared to the poor on other continents!* Maybe, you need to get out, more!
  • Doove
  • 11-05-2011, 06:58 AM
The gap is widening?? Well, hooray for everyone’s sake! ESPECIALLY the poor!" Originally Posted by MrGiz
I thought that was the dumbest thing i ever heard on here, until i read this:

As I have recently said in another thread... over half of the "poor" Americans you are whining about, are filthy rich! as compared to the poor on other continents!* Maybe, you need to get out, more!
So if poor people would just move to Uganda, they'd be rich. When that's your defense of ignoring the plight of poor people in this country, boy are you just one pathetic SOB.
  • MrGiz
  • 11-05-2011, 07:04 AM
. . . boy are you just one pathetic SOB. Originally Posted by Doove
And you are still a whiner!
Doofus has a point.....our reponsibilities to the poor don't end at food, clothing, shelter, medical care, education, miscellaneous spending money and transportation......we are also responsible for their communications and entertainment.....you are such a prick for wanting to deny them ipads and big screen tv's
"It's the big rich man that's keeping me down
but tonight me and my bro's we gonna burn this town
we gonna go on a all night loottin spree
and get me a big screen color TV"
  • Doove
  • 11-05-2011, 08:32 AM
Doofus has a point.....our reponsibilities to the poor don't end at food, clothing, shelter, medical care, education, miscellaneous spending money and transportation......we are also responsible for their communications and entertainment.....you are such a prick for wanting to deny them ipads and big screen tv's Originally Posted by Marshall
If/when you need to twist the liberal argument into something that it is so clearly not in order to win the argument, you've lost.
Jackie S., MrGiz, Marshall, You are the kind of guys that make me puke, you and your attitude is whats really wrong in the US. You would really tell a hungry child: stop whining, don't you know that you are filthy rich? Well, his tommy doesn't feel like that, it's hungry, it needs food, it doesn't understand why people are so mean.
Do you guys also go to church every Sunday? I wouldn't be surprised.
  • MrGiz
  • 11-05-2011, 02:54 PM
Thank You , Waverunner!!

Everytime your fingers touch your keyboard, you help to show us all, how ignorant and clueless you truly are!

The only person I called a whiner, was Doove... I'm sorry I left you out.

Your ignorance of my charitable nature is astounding... considering you go so far out of your way to display it!

Thanks again for the amusement...
  • Doove
  • 11-05-2011, 04:26 PM
Your ignorance of my charitable nature is astounding... considering you go so far out of your way to display it! Originally Posted by MrGiz
It's amazing just how many people in here who belittle the poor as nothing but lazy ass whiners looking for a government handout want us to believe they give generously to charities that help the lazy ass whiners looking for a government handout.

Sorry, i ain't buyin' your "it's not the government's role" crapola. It's not your role, is how you truly feel. And if you all don't think that comes across loud and clear in your posts, you ain't too bright.
If/when you need to twist the liberal argument into something that it is so clearly not in order to win the argument, you've lost.

Doofus, I stated the implicit liberal argument explicitly.....it just pisses you off!........HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!