What's the deal with ladies in Coed?

This post is about why ladies do not participate in co-ed. I gave my opinion in this regard, but most of this thread has been about disagreeing with my opinion & not about why ladies do not post. Most have agreed to the “Lack of Thoughtful Contribution” as Sophie put it, but no opinions as to why most ladies do not post. I can argue all day with anyone that wants, but it does not solve the issue of wanting ladies to join the co-ed discussions for their purpose on this site.
My opinion is that the average provider does not know the meaning of vocabulary that is at a “Graduate Level” of difficulty such as misogynistic. As in any conversation we may participate in during our daily life, we should communicate at a level that is understood & of interest to all involved in such dialogue.
I have sat many, many, many, many days, for many, many, many, many hours with 10+ ladies at a time, talking and getting to know them. I have known these ladies for several years. I know the true them, where they come from, why they are here …. From my experience, NO, the average provider does not feel comfortable with a difficult vocabulary. To this day (yesterday to be exact) I encourage ladies to get an education. Looking at the hobby, an educated provider has a better concept of this hobby and thus will provide better service & make more $. I am proud to say that most of the ladies I have had the pleasure of knowing through the years are in school or working in the real world. Some continue to be providers that offer A+ service….

I'm all for ladies posting in coed but when you use the forum to advertise (see above). Originally Posted by Booth

The pic & phone number comment was a joke J Guess I’m not funny L

or make an unwarranted attack on other ladies (calling CK catty for pointing out that you misspelled her name) most readers aren't going to appreciate it. Originally Posted by Booth

You are seriously accusing me of making unwarranted attacks?
Do you consider this a warranted attack?

I would never pay to boink a woman who doesn't know the meaning of the word misogyny. That's part of my screening process so thanks for the self-alert. Originally Posted by Booth

Are you implying I do not know the meaning of misogyny? I am posting a Self-Alert?

And this?

I don't think you're illiterate but I do think you seriously underestimate the intelligence of ladies in the age range you specified. If a guy were to make a statement similar to yours he'd be hammered for being sexist. Originally Posted by Booth

Are you seriously underestimating my intelligence? You might want to revise your screening process….

SELF-ALERT>>>>For those who require “bilingual” as part of their screening process…..My civi job requires a vast knowledge of vocabulary in both English and Spanish.

You consider this a warranted attack?

I hope you are not implying that most providers are too illiterate to write a decent post. ~Surely that is not what you meant? Originally Posted by Crystalkitty
Dear Francisca,
If you don't know what misogynisitic is, that's ok. I have to look up words sometimes myself. But, please spell my name correctly. It is Crystal, not Chrystal. Originally Posted by Crystalkitty
BTW Crystal, the correct spelling is….
M i s o g y n i s t i c, not…. M i s o g y n i s i t i c.

This is also warranted?
I get "boinked" all the time, don't you? It's fun! Originally Posted by Crystalkitty
Damn, I should raise my rates: I'm way under 250. ~I can spell, use a dictionary, and still deliver A+ service, without complaining or whining. Originally Posted by Crystalkitty
Since you ask... No, I do not get boinked. I prefer passionate thrusts....
I have learned through the years how to tell the difference between the "Boinker" & the "Lover" Rarely will a boinker spend $250/hr when 40min of that time is foreplay. Foreplay is fun.

Also Warranted?
The most misogynistic thing I've seen in this thread is the comment that the average provider doesn't know the meaning of the word misogynist. Originally Posted by Booth

You are saying my OPINION is misogynistic?

Sophie, nothing personal, I am only making a point.

My thoughts exactly. . Originally Posted by Miss Sophie Bella

Sophie also agrees my opinion is misogynistic…

The lack of thoughtful contribution on the part of ladies can be attributed to several things, but a poor command of the language has never deterred anyone, male or female, from posting their opinions in Co-Ed. Originally Posted by Miss Sophie Bella

Did she just say the ladies on this board lack thought? Is this an unwarranted attack towards the ladies on this board? Do the readers appreciate this unwarranted attack or has it been overseen because of the beauty of the author??? Maybe this is an example of the misogynistic behaviour Crystal was refering to.

Are you boys really so misogynistic that you would only like to read our ads and reviews and not hear a single peep from us unless you are boinking our brains out? Puhleez. Talk about your double-standard. Originally Posted by Crystalkitty
Crystal Originally Posted by Crystalkitty
We all have our opinion of the meaning of misogynistic….

Now, does anyone have an opinion as to why most providers do not post????? Maybe somebody has an idea as to how we can reach out to these ladies and let them know we want to hear their thoughts....
Regardless of all the reasons why the ladies refrain from participating in the Co-ed forum. I personally find it absurd that Francisca is informing posters to limit their thoughts & expressions when posting. So the younger crowd can grasp what's being said. That's pathetic at best.
I for one will not refrain from posting my personal opinions/thoughts just to appease the young kids who may not grasp what the mature adults are talking about.
If they want to participate within, yet not limiting to this adult lifestyle and the conversations therein. Then it's up to them and them alone. To grasp what is being expressed. Not tell the masses of grown adults that we should ONLY have discussions wherein the young kids can understand. That's BS!

There are many different types of men out there. As there are many different types of women.
There will always be some guy who will disapprove of an opinionated woman with thought provoking views etc. Yet there will be just as many men who appreciate, adore & accept those types of women. (I know because I'm one of those women and damn proud of it.) And through the years I've met some amazing men. Whom were at one time intimidated by me. (per their admission) until they met me in person and enjoyed the woman in me. (not speaking of bcd).
Men who disapprove of opinionated women, miss out on what's within the woman herself.

Then you have those men & women who try way too hard to appease the opposite sex by saying the right thing at the right moment all of the time.

If a man cannot stimulate my mind and actually disagree with me & form his own thought provoking opinions. Then that man's not attractive in my eyes. I want to meet opinionated men. That's what makes them & the conversations we have, exciting.

However, CK as this adult lifestyle would have it. In some mens eyes.
A woman should be seen and not heard. IBchill and others are proven examples of those type of guys. And thus some ladies have taken to the background to appease those men.
In the end all. I don't feel the outcome in the hobby for those particular ladies are all to exciting. (I didn't say profitable. I said exciting). I could be wrong. As I often am. But I doubt it.
Eskimo

Coed Discussions - Austin
Hobby-related discussions belong here. Let's keep these discussions on-topic, thought-provoking, and more importantly...entertaining!
______________________________ __________________________

Sadly, as part of the electronic "ME" era the ability to empathize, to put us in the other persons shoes is diminishing. Empathetic feelings are less when reading a written word than when talking to someone where you can see facial expressions and hear tonal inflections. As more and more people spend less time interacting one-on-one the "Me" or "narcissistic" era is growing. Originally Posted by kittyloveratx
A very insightful comment.

Not wk'ing or dissing anyone, but crystal was spot on wondering why the ladies do not post in coed. I personally would love to hear what other ladies have to say as to why they don't post and would hope the board would listen empathetically, try to understand their point of view, and maybe implement some personal behavior corrective actions to make this truly a place where sex and fun and a free flowing exchange of ideas could occur. Originally Posted by kittyloveratx
Yes, this would be lovely.

I do not post very often because I do not share an affinity with many of those who do. Many of the frequent posters seek to control and dominate the intercourse (pun intended) with little or no regard for other perspectives. They post to ensure the world is aware of their supposed superior knowledge of a subject, and their superiority in general. Empathy be damned.

These statements apply equally to those men who engage in a pack mentality and to women who engage in an attack and/or hyper-defensive mentality. (Francisca, my reaction to your initial post mirrored that of Crystalkitty and Booth and Miss Sophia Bella, and the definition of any given word is not a matter of "opinion". Further, mysogyny is not a graduate level concept--more like lower division undergrad!)

Thoughtful, informative posts are either ignored or stomped on in subsequent posts. Inane posts are used as fodder. So very trite! Way too much drama. Yardape is right--it's just not healthy.

I use the Ignore List very liberally in an attempt to filter out the outright stupidity and narcissism.

Thanks to all those whose knuckles aren't needed to help you keep your balance, and those who value co-ed conversations and mindless flirting! Perhaps, as Miss Sophie suggests, we can learn something from our kinkier counterparts!
...I do not post very often because I do not share an affinity with many of those who do. Many of the frequent posters seek to control and dominate the intercourse (pun intended) with little or no regard for other perspectives. They post to ensure the world is aware of their supposed superior knowledge of a subject, and their superority in general. Empathy be damned.... Originally Posted by CaseyTaylor

Where would you draw the line between sharing information and expertise vs. trying to dominate a conversation?

I ask because I think I can be mistaken for the latter.
Where would you draw the line between sharing information and expertise vs. trying to dominate a conversation?

I ask because I think I can be mistaken for the latter. Originally Posted by Rand Al'Thor
Hmmm...I will leave the drawing of lines to each individual, but I wouldn't lump you in the latter category.

I am very curious about the Eskimo...?
Hmmm...I will leave the drawing of lines to each individual, but I wouldn't lump you in the latter category.

I am very curious about the Eskimo...? Originally Posted by CaseyTaylor

An old movie line, I thought it apt.
  • Carl
  • 06-08-2010, 06:01 PM
Many of the frequent posters seek to control and dominate the intercourse (pun intended) with little or no regard for other perspectives. They post to ensure the world is aware of their supposed superior knowledge of a subject, and their superiority in general. Empathy be damned. Originally Posted by CaseyTaylor
Guilty as charged....

Thoughtful, informative posts are either ignored or stomped on in subsequent posts. Inane posts are used as fodder. So very trite! Originally Posted by CaseyTaylor

Guilty as charged....

Thanks to all those whose knuckles aren't needed to help you keep your balance ... Originally Posted by CaseyTaylor
I can't help it if my cane isn't sturdy enough and I'm too proud to use a walker.

But in my defense, even my high school guidance counselor told me I was a little unbalanced. So, it's been a lifelong problem.
(Francisca, my reaction to your initial post mirrored that of Crystalkitty and Booth and Miss Sophia Bella, and the definition of any given word is not a matter of "opinion". Further, mysogyny is not a graduate level concept--more like lower division undergrad!) Originally Posted by CaseyTaylor
My initial post………….

With all due respect Chrystal, the use of words like "misogynistic" is 1 of the reasons the average provider does not participate in co-ed. They do not know what the heck it means. Originally Posted by Francisca
I think more ladies would participate if they were more comfortable with the conversations and the vocabulary used. Nobody wants to look stupid.
Also, knowing the definition of misogynistic, don't you think your choice to use this word was a tad bit harsh? Improperly used?
A provider should post, reply, her thoughts & opinions; that is an advertisement of her personality. No need for an obvious add. Originally Posted by Francisca
My opinion about the average provider might be wrong, but from my experience with providers, many claim to, but few have a college education. Misogyny is a difficult level word and although it is taught at an undergrad level it is not lower division.

The fact still remains that misogynistic is a harsh word & should be carefully used.
The reaction Crystal, Booth & Sophia had in common is that me saying the average provider does not know the meaning of misogynistic is a misogynistic statement. You say you agree that I have hate and contempt for women because I don’t think the average provider knows the meaning of misogynistic? Seriously, I would like to know where you guys found that definition.
Sophia said providers lack thoughtful contribution. Definition being they lack intellectual, perceptive, incisive, smart, etc…. contribution. Is this a misogynistic statement? How does this statement differ from mine?

I do agree with the majority of your response and respect your opinion.

Regardless of all the reasons why the ladies refrain from participating in the Co-ed forum. Originally Posted by Wicked Milf

I would like to know what these reasons you have no regard for are. I would like to know your thoughts on why ladies do not post.

[quote=Wicked Milf;342893I personally find it absurd that Francisca is informing posters to limit their thoughts & expressions when posting. So the younger crowd can grasp what's being said. That's pathetic at best. ![/quote]

Personally, I find it absurd that an adult is not able to express their thoughts and opinions with an average vocabulary; although you seem to be expressing your thoughts and opinions just fine & dandy using average vocabulary.

I for one will not refrain from posting my personal opinions/thoughts just to appease the young kids who may not grasp what the mature adults are talking about. ! Originally Posted by Wicked Milf

I do not recall ever making the statement that anyone should refrain from posting their thoughts/opinions. I said the opposite.
Are you calling the average provider a young immature kid?
Be careful, I was told readers do not appreciate unwarranted attacks toward providers…..

If they want to participate within, yet not limiting to this adult lifestyle and the conversations therein. Then it's up to them and them alone. To grasp what is being expressed. Not tell the masses of grown adults that we should ONLY have discussions wherein the young kids can understand. That's BS! Originally Posted by Wicked Milf

I am having problems grasping what you are expressing in your statement….
You say “Them” and “They”. Is “them/they” the young immature kids/providers?
Your last sentence tells “them/they” …..
“Not tell the masses of grown adults that we should ONLY have discussions wherein the young kids can understand.”
I do not remember reading anything posted by a young, immature kid. Who are you referring to?

What is pathetic is that providers have yet to realize that as this thread continues we are only proving to these so called “misogynist” men that our posts are indeed lacking thought! Not to mention that women just cannot get along.....
Sorry if this has been said. I didn't have time to read the whole thread. And I'm posting on my phone so I'm sorry for any dyslexic mistakes that will follow.

I have had plenty of discussions with women who refuse to post in co-ed. They cite various reasons for their choice, but "I don't understand them big fancy words" has never been among them.

Heck, I prolly don't understand more than 80% of Carl's multisylabic vocab words but I'm still able to understand the point -- even if I have to look up a word or two. I doubt a lack of lexical prowess has ever shut anyone up on this board.

Most common reasons ladies don't post, from what I've heard:

1) no time

2) no interest

3) no Internet

4) too much drama

5) cyber bullies
...I Carl!

~~Casey
  • Carl
  • 06-08-2010, 06:18 PM
Heck, I prolly don't understand more than 80% of Carl's multisylabic vocab words but I'm still able to understand the point -- even if I have to look up a word or two. I doubt a lack of lexical prowess has ever shut anyone up on this board. Originally Posted by Sensual Sophia
I don't have much free time for private tutoring, but I've never said that it was completely out of the question.

And this isn't a ploy for free pussy. A hamburger and fries is more than acceptable. Or maybe a chicken basket. Or some tacos.

You get the idea.
....."Most common reasons ladies don't post, from what I've heard:

1) no time

2) no interest

3) no Internet

4) too much drama

5) cyber bullies Originally Posted by Sensual Sophia
I think you summed it up very succinctly.

Thank you, and everyone else who contributed to the thread. It was a bit of an eye-opener for me, and very informative.

I do think it healthy to agree to disagree, and I think that is one of the very best things about freedom.

Peace,
Crystal

Succinctly=concisely or with brevity; to-the-point
Pardon me while I pick a nit or two:

My opinion about the average provider might be wrong, but from my experience with providers, many claim to, but few have a college education.

You do realize you are painting with a very broad brush here, don't you? A wee bit disrespectful, no? And even those who do not have a degree may have taken the initiative to expand their horizons in other ways. (Books?)

Misogyny is a difficult level word and although it is taught at an undergrad level it is not lower division.

Incorrect. Psych 160 in my case. Hell, I bet even Cosmo has broached the subject.

The fact still remains that misogynistic is a harsh word & should be carefully used.

Agreed. Would you prefer the word chauvinistic? Sexist? Take your pick.

The reaction Crystal, Booth & Sophia had in common is that me saying the average provider does not know the meaning of misogynistic is a misogynistic statement. You say you agree that I have hate and contempt for women because I don’t think the average provider knows the meaning of misogynistic? Seriously, I would like to know where you guys found that definition.

Contempt for (an attitude of someone as inferior) rather than hatred for women suffices to meet the definition.

Sophia said providers lack thoughtful contribution. Definition being they lack intellectual, perceptive, incisive, smart, etc…. contribution. Is this a misogynistic statement? How does this statement differ from mine?

It differs in that you have misinterpretted her statement. She did not say they lack thoughtful contribution.

Thank you. And while I do not agree with your original premise that the "average" provider does not post in Co-ed because they do not understand the vocabulary in use and do not want to appear stupid, you have made this thesis remarkably clear. Thank you for sharing your opinions.
Originally Posted by Francisca

Regardless of what you find average vocabulary. I find it insulting that your telling grown adults how they should post so the young kids could understand. As you repeatedly made the statement in various ways as to the vocabulary that we adults should use so the younger ones (or as you outlined the actual age range) can understand.

And mind you. I don't owe you an explanation as to my reasons/or thoughts regarding why the ladies may not post in the Co-Ed.

My initial post………….

My opinion about the average provider might be wrong, but from my experience with providers, many claim to, but few have a college education. Misogyny is a difficult level word and although it is taught at an undergrad level it is not lower division.

I would like to know what these reasons you have no regard for are. I would like to know your thoughts on why ladies do not post.

Personally, I find it absurd that an adult is not able to express their thoughts and opinions with an average vocabulary; although you seem to be expressing your thoughts and opinions just fine & dandy using average vocabulary.

I do not recall ever making the statement that anyone should refrain from posting their thoughts/opinions. I said the opposite.
Are you calling the average provider a young immature kid?
Be careful, I was told readers do not appreciate unwarranted attacks toward providers…..

I am having problems grasping what you are expressing in your statement….
You say “Them” and “They”. Is “them/they” the young immature kids/providers?
Your last sentence tells “them/they” …..
“Not tell the masses of grown adults that we should ONLY have discussions wherein the young kids can understand.”
I do not remember reading anything posted by a young, immature kid. Who are you referring to?

What is pathetic is that providers have yet to realize that as this thread continues we are only proving to these so called “misogynist” men that our posts are indeed lacking thought! Not to mention that women just cannot get along..... Originally Posted by Francisca