Does the hobby vernacular ever sneak into your RL?

"karla" is my new vernacular to those that don't reply to PM's or emails!!!
[Staff edit. M]
If I don't receive replies back I tend to move on... Originally Posted by canyonman
Hi canyonman.
Just to clarify...inside joke betwixt K&K - Karla/Kuhlarrow
PM's always are replied in due time to due kind!
Oh my god I remember my first time ever coming into Nebraska and seeing the 'Kum & Go' stops everywhere .... I think I laughed for 10 whole minutes (about how long the usual Kum & Go should take get it lol)).

this isn't very creative but anyone else see the Kum & Go gas station shops and think "damn may as well just call it BNG Stop"? Originally Posted by hobbitpsi
Tonight a server at a restaurant said to me "Are you Still Looking?" I couldn't help but smile as I looked at her and said "I'll just get started with an unsweet iced tea please."

It made me wonder if SL ever had that happen to him!! I can just imagine him saying "Yes, I am... Have we met before?" hehehe.
  • Netx9
  • 01-27-2014, 05:56 AM
Tonight a server at a restaurant said to me "Are you Still Looking?" I couldn't help but smile as I looked at her and said "I'll just get started with an unsweet iced tea please."

It made me wonder if SL ever had that happen to him!! I can just imagine him saying "Yes, I am... Have we met before?" hehehe. Originally Posted by XOXO Karla
I have to say, I've been asked that before at a restaurant and never made the connection... Until now! Thanks Karla, now everytime I hear it.... Ughhhh!

Now, wouldn't it be something if a waitress walled up to me and asked...

"Are you Netx9?"
Hehe, I thought that was worth sharing... I was at the discount tire on 46 in New Braunfels a while back and I was sitting there with a friend when the guy yelled out "Karla!?" Hehe, it was an employee telling a lady her vehicle was ready... I thought someone recognized me!!
I was reading an article in the Current, and the authors last name was TUMA. Greek is pretty much in RW vernacular, as is Happy Ending. But people could never understand why I carried a 2nd phone.
When I am texting I have to be careful because the phone anticipates what you are going to text....all kinds of things show up...

especially
Incall
HR
HHR
DATY

LOL
Just passed a truck on the highway from a company named "Team DP." Where do I sign?!
  • HUMP!
  • 02-01-2014, 02:30 PM
Now, wouldn't it be something if a waitress walled up to me and asked...
"Are you Netx9?" Originally Posted by Netx9
You might improve your chances of that happening by wearing a t-shirt with that cool doggy pic on it.

I was at a symposium recently, and introduced myself as a "hobbyist" to a couple of pros in that field. Since when do I use the word "hobbyist" for anything?
In a crowd... I'm always hearing my name called.
OK i have two stories today my first

I had a customer today and as I asked for her name she said Dee Dee and I swear I almost burst out laughing because I immediately thought of DD McGee (and no it wasn't really her)

OK that one is not as funny but here is the second one:

I was talking to my brother on the phone today while looking at ECCIE and he works two jobs and he says yayyy I don't have to do any doubles this week. I swear I had to move the phone away from my face as I start laughing thinking why is he so happy about not doing doubles!!!

I know I wouldn't be happy!!! I want to doubles this week

Hehe!! Thanks for sharing!! We are forever haunted by this naughty addiction!!