NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

• Satin
  • 11-05-2014, 10:23 AM
Well it looks like our hopes, dreams and prayers have been answered....Mallett is now the starter!!!!

Superbowl Arizona here we come!!!
Well BoB made the change. Mallet to start. Fritz had 11 touchdowns and 8 interceptions which is normal for him
Well it looks like our hopes, dreams and prayers have been answered....Mallett is now the starter!!!!

Superbowl Arizona here we come!!! Originally Posted by Satin
You beat me to it...
I just got the text from SR 610. I'm interested to read what BoB's reasoning is.
“At the best interest of the team at this point, this is the decision I needed to make.” O’Brien said.
O’Brien said this wasn’t a week to week decision. Mallett will be given a chance to play for a significant stretch.

http://houston.cbslocal.com/2014/11/...tt-as-starter/

“This might be the thing that helps our team,” O’Brien said at NRG Stadium. “I might be wrong.”
O’Brien said Mallett will be given a full shot to hold the starting role. Fitzpatrick is the backup, while rookie Tom Savage is No. 3.
O’Brien described Mallett as a “very bright” athlete who has matured greatly since he was Tom Brady’s backup in New England.
“We are not asking him to go out there and be Tom Brady,” O’Brien said. We’re asking him to be Ryan Mallett.”

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans...ck/#28079101=0

So BoB now thinks Mallett is the better choice for running this offense and give the team the best chance to win. Fitz is the backup and Savage is still inactive. Interesting...
This tells you all you need to know about why the change was made

O'Brien said via the Houston Chronicle that Mallett "certainly has a strong arm" and can throw the ball "as far as you want."
They will finish 4-12
Man I am really hoping Mallet succeeds, but behind the "Ole Oline" I suspect he is fucked!!!! The one good thing about Fitzsnatchface was his escape ability, I don't think Mallet has that but I hope I am wrong. Odd that so much is unknown about a guy that has been in the league 4 years.

Bottom line is Fitzsnatchface was still better than Dopey, Hopefully Mallet the Mullet will continue this trend of better QB play. The bar hasn't been set too high.

And BT, if you are not going to ever tap some snatch just go jerk your meat on a picture of Dopey so you won't be so damn grumpy all the time and picking fights with guys that know a whole hell of a lot more about football than you ever will!!!!
They will finish 4-12 Originally Posted by jstone420
Quoted...just to give jstone credit if they do
This tells you all you need to know about why the change was made

O'Brien said via the Houston Chronicle that Mallett "certainly has a strong arm" and can throw the ball "as far as you want." Originally Posted by BigLouie

I wonder what kind of shape Jamarcus Russell is in...Or Ryan Leaf.

Yeah, we could have Ryan Fitzpatrick, Ryan Mallett and Ryan Leaf as our quarterbacks.
That way when BoB say's "Ryan, You suck!" he'd have all his bases covered.

Seriously, I'd love to see Mallett come in and take over this offense and excel at it. I'm just not that confident in him being the long term solution. Good luck to him.

You know, we've had the #1 pick three times. David Carr was the consensus choice in 2002 but busted...not all his fault IMO. There were no "no doubt qb's the other two times. Indianapolis has had the #1 choice twice in the last 20 something years. When they had it Peyton Manning and Andrew Luck were expected to be HOFers before they ever took their first snaps in the NFL. Jim Irsay must have signed a deal with the devil.
Man I am really hoping Mallet succeeds, but behind the "Ole Oline" I suspect he is fucked!!!! The one good thing about Fitzsnatchface was his escape ability, I don't think Mallet has that but I hope I am wrong. Odd that so much is unknown about a guy that has been in the league 4 years.
Originally Posted by Daddio
That was the odd thing I saw in the quotes when BoB said he could throw it as far as you wanted. That's all fine and good but he has to have time for the receivers to get downfield.
Plus he needs WR's that can actually run past someone!! Or a mfing TE that can run up a seam!!!
Makes no difference is not the QB Texans need but a good defense line so it won't put too much pressure on the QB
  • bbkid
  • 11-05-2014, 05:23 PM
Makes no difference is not the QB Texans need but a good defense line so it won't put too much pressure on the QB Originally Posted by doppelganger110
huh?
And BT Originally Posted by Daddio
When does JFF run at the combine? Have they measured his cock yet? Originally Posted by Daddio
And Faggy Dude Daddio, why don't you go back to measuring cocks?

Other than non-stop bitchin' and moanin', measuring cocks seems to be the only thing you really enjoy.
Would be happy if they can go 500,for the rest of the season,and set a positive trend for next season.