Assholes's Speech

"Un-named sources" = "We made this shit up." Originally Posted by gfejunkie
Deep Throat was an unnamed source, and he did not make up the facts of the Watergate break in. Unnamed sources, like whistle blowers, can serve a valuable purpose if their facts can be corroborated/verified.

Swing and a miss.
"Un-named sources" = "We made this shit up." Originally Posted by gfejunkie
Wait, what un-named sources??

The memo's source is known, it's Comey. Trump has admitted to the other two things so there's no need for an un-named source. Unless you are saying that Trump and his people are the "we" that make shit up. Because sane people have know that all along. Glad you are coming around.

And if there were un-named sources, that's nothing new. Un-named sources are used all the time. Even the WH has made statements based on un-named sources. That's the funny thing. Trump likes to talk about leaking and un-named sources. When his people are leaking and being un-named sources. Using un-named sources.

There's no running from this man.
I think the better question is - What did Obama do to make my life better? Answer - Nada,nix,nothing. Now - I'm trusting that President Trump will make my life better.

My investments sure are happy right now. Originally Posted by Austin Ellen
the market was up huge under obama.
when obama took office the economy was in free fall. at the rate it was collapsing it was doubtful that anyone would have been able to afford to see you in the near future.
under obama the economy turned around and rose at a rate that enabled people to be able to afford to patronize you... Originally Posted by actionjackson647
Investments????? Under Obama the DJIA went from about 6600 to over 18,000. For 2 years the amount of Social Security that workers paid was 2% less. Saved me $200 a month for those 2 years. Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
Seriously Ellen? You are happy with your investments for 3 months under Trump, but you where not happy when your investments rose almost 3 fold under Obama?

Give me a break. Obama did you good. It's all good and fine to support your political party. But when you flat out deny facts, solely based on blind ignorant partisanship, you end up looking incredibly foolish in the process.
Nope - he did not do me good. Let's see - I lost 2 jobs (lay offs due to the economy) but first I had to lay off others - let me tell that really sucks. I had to cash in a 401k to the tune of a $2,000 penalty because I had to live on something. And than to add insult to injury - the IRS charged me $7000 in taxes due to cashing the 401k in early. No, your assessment is totally wrong.

Look defend Obama and hate Trump all you want but don't tell others how Obama did them good when that's not true.

Seriously Ellen? You are happy with your investments for 3 months under Trump, but you where not happy when your investments rose almost 3 fold under Obama?

Give me a break. Obama did you good. It's all good and fine to support your political party. But when you flat out deny facts, solely based on blind ignorant partisanship, you end up looking incredibly foolish in the process. Originally Posted by Cap'n Crunch
your investments are worth a lot less today...

the economy under obama rose in almost every quarter. layoffs werent due to the economy they were due the the individual company sucking. as to your 401k penalty a 2k penalty means you took out 20k. if you paid 7k of taxes on 20k thats a 35% tax bracket which only comes into play on incomes well into the 6 figures.
Nope - he did not do me good. Let's see - I lost 2 jobs (lay offs due to the economy) but first I had to lay off others - let me tell that really sucks. I had to cash in a 401k to the tune of a $2,000 penalty because I had to live on something. And than to add insult to injury - the IRS charged me $7000 in taxes due to cashing the 401k in early. No, your assessment is totally wrong.

Look defend Obama and hate Trump all you want but don't tell others how Obama did them good when that's not true. Originally Posted by Austin Ellen
You can't use YOUR life circumstances as the average. After my 401k lost about 25% of its value in 2008, I regained all that loss in 2009 under Obama and over the next 4-5 years my 401k did very well. Obama had absolutely NOTHING to do with your loss of jobs. I was downsized in 2013 and in no way do I blame Obama.

Even with an unemployment rate of 10%, which it was about the time Obama took office, that means 90% of the people were able to take advantage of the economic boom.

This is NOT a hate of Trump. If he does his job you should be able to get a job in the "real" world very soon. With an unemployment rate of 4.4% jobs are plentiful.
your investments are worth a lot less today...

the economy under obama rose in almost every quarter. layoffs werent due to the economy they were due the the individual company sucking. as to your 401k penalty a 2k penalty means you took out 20k. if you paid 7k of taxes on 20k thats a 35% tax bracket which only comes into play on incomes well into the 6 figures. Originally Posted by actionjackson647
I'm guessing the figures don't add up because she made them all up in a poor attempt to cast blame on Obama.

Look defend Obama and hate Trump all you want but don't tell others how Obama did them good when that's not true. Originally Posted by Austin Ellen

Wait did you just invest in the last few months or something? But still even that's true, you do realize that the effects of Obama are still seen in the stock market? He was good to them. So he did help you there with your investments. It's not all Trump you know? Maybe you don't. Maybe you believe everything they tell you. Like all those jobs that Trump bought. When a lot of those things were planned before Trump even took office. Or that Trump is getting US beef in China. Hooray. Except that was done under Obama too. Sorry if you refuse to believe what's true. Obama did something good for you. Maybe in investments. Maybe in idk making decisions that protected your rights and life. Idk I like to admit that even a president I hates is doing something to benefit me. And not pretend that they just ruined my life everyday. But hey, it's not about hate, it's about the promise of Trump.
Ellen,

What specifically did Obama do that made you lose two jobs? What policy of his caused this?

Was it as simple as:

A) Obama was President.
B) You don't like Obama
C) you lost your job

Or can you better articulate the correlation?

Also,

A) Do you blame (or credit) Obama for any current 2017 conditions?

B) Do you blame (or credit) W Bush for any 2009 conditions?
Um,Ellen I am really hoping your not talking about the job I heard about from several people. I'm really, really hoping that isn't the case. We both know which one I'm talking about too. When more than 4 or 5 people say the something , then there is a seed of truth in what is being said. It may not even be close to the truth, but it's still a seed of some truth.
Fire, I have no idea what you are trying to say.
You alluded to this once before. I am talking about corporate property management jobs. Please tell me what you are talking about?

Um,Ellen I am really hoping your not talking about the job I heard about from several people. I'm really, really hoping that isn't the case. We both know which one I'm talking about too. When more than 4 or 5 people say the something , then there is a seed of truth in what is being said. It may not even be close to the truth, but it's still a seed of some truth. Originally Posted by FirePhoenix
Jeese, talk about being under attack.
Ok,that's cool. This doesn't have to do with a corporate job.
After crying like little spoiled child (sic) the Republicans decided to be the school yard bullys (sic) and went nuclear. Forever changing the rules of "stepping over the unspoken line" of even at congresses worst not to cross that line. Now there is no going back, and the nuke option will truly be used as a weapon on both sides of the party lines... Originally Posted by FirePhoenix
Hey Phoenix, try to get your facts straight. Harry Reid is the one who broke a 150-year Senate tradition and crossed that line back in 2013, when he went nuclear and "forever changed the rules". Senate Republicans just followed Reid's example to confirm Neil Gorsuch.

Karma's a bitch, ain't it?
Wow! So ignorant of the fact that most of America rejects Trump, dipshit lustyturd tries make-believe math! Brilliant!

I knew this turd for brains, lustyturd would act like California votes don't count the same as votes from Montana. As if where HE is from DOES matter... Originally Posted by Cap'n Crunch
Crunchyass, please explain where I have employed any "make-believe math". Hildebeest won the popular vote by 2.86 million. Excluding California, Trump won the popular vote by 1.41 million. Nothing make-believe about either number.

But you unwittingly bring up a good point. In terms of their weight in the Electoral College, California votes DO count less than votes from Montana and many other states. I'm not just “acting like” that is the case. It's a fact. Only a “turd for brains” who is pathetically ignorant of the EC math would deny it.

“The states with the fewest people per electoral vote, and therefore the highest “vote power,” are Wyoming, Vermont, and North Dakota. In Wyoming, there are 143,000 people for each of its three electoral votes. The states with the weakest votes are New York, Florida, and California. These states each have around 500,000 people for each electoral vote.”

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_a...50_states.html