NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

DDD, I hate to say I told you so but.......

Well, you get my drift!

After losing to a 1-13 team, perhaps it is time to start warming up one of our ancient retreads in the bullpen! After all, we don't have a damn thing to lose. We damn sure aren't getting anywhere with an inexperienced rookie qb, drafted in the 5th round as our starting quarterback!

I don't care what anybody says, tonight's game was friggin' embarrassing!

Also you will have to provide 3 to 1 or 5 to 1 odds for me Originally Posted by Daddio
DDD, you now seem to lack confidence in the rook. After watching his terrible performance against a 1-13 team, I can't say that I blame you for trying to jack up the odds! LOL You might as well try to make the most out of what has turned into a terrible situation!

Hell, TJ might not even finish the year as the starter, much less compete against Schaub for the starters job next year! I've got a great idea, let's draft Case as the back up qb of the future! Oops, I'm sorry for mentioning Schaub's name. I had forgotten that you now prefer to no longer discuss S _ h _ _ b even though this is a professional football thread and S _ h _ _ b is a top 10 professional football quarterback. Of course, you will still reserve the right to throw your cheap potshots S _ h _ _ b's way. By the same token, you would prefer that I refrain from making future references to S _ h _ _b's 27 points per game average, vs the rooks 16 points per game average! How friggin' convenient! ROTFLMAO

Did I remember to mention that S _ h _ _b led the team to 34 points in the season's opener against Indy? Unfortunately, we only scored 16 against Indy this evening? Oh well, the season was fun while it lasted!
That was fucking embarrassing.

How do you perform at such a pathetic level and consider yourself a playoff contender???

Lets hear Kubiac's lame excuse for this crap.
Heh heh heh
Bt, your lack of football knowledge continues to amaze me. This looked very familiar, in fact it almost looked schaub like, well not really, it wasn't that bad. Our nutless coach handcuffs the qb, our line got manhandled several times, our receivers flat out suck, but the rook goes 11 for 13 on the night and you call for dellhomme or Garcia??? Put down the crack pipe and quit sniffing glue pull your head out of your ass and call the looney bin night time guards to come tuck your stupid ass in bed with your restraints on tight.
Delhomme plays in the next game. I don't know if he starts though. Also like someone said before "Our receivers suck.." and Eric Winston sucked tonight.

Reggie Wayne is a free agent after this year!??

There only a few great receivers out there for the draft:

Justin Blackmon - OSU
Woods - USC

Others???
This looked very familiar, in fact it almost looked schaub like, well not really, it wasn't that bad. Originally Posted by Daddio
DDD, this was your first post since you appeared to agree with Satin's moratorium on Schaub. True to form you have already yielded to temptation. I predicted you would continue taking potshots at Schaub and you proved me correct. Thanks buddy, I can always depend upon you to come through in the clutch. LOL

I can not say with any degree of certainty that Jake or Garcia will prove to be the answer but it is becoming increasingly obvious that we need something more than an inexperienced rookie qb, who was drafted in the 5th round as the Captain of the Texans playoff ship. We need a qb who knows how to read an NFL defense and has the ability to put more than an average of 16 points per game on the scoreboard. Will Jake or Garcia do any better? I don't know but we know what we currently have and the rook does not seem to be a NFL playoff caliber qb at this early stage of his professional career. Perhaps 3-5 years from now but certainly not at the present time.

In the NFL, you don't win games without putting points on the scoreboard. Unfortunately, we're just not getting enough points at this time. If we are only able to put 16 points on the scoreboard against a 1-13 team, we are going to have serious problems come playoff time!

Repeat after me: We should all be very concerned about the Texans offense, or lack thereof!

Just sayin'
Put down the crack pipe and quit sniffing glue pull your head out of your ass and call the looney bin night time guards to come tuck your stupid ass in bed with your restraints on tight. Originally Posted by Daddio
You may want to change your password. It appears that some 14 year old got on his parents 'puter and logged into eccie with your username and password.

By the way, I watched the Colts game with Stevie Wonder, Ronnie Milsap, and Ray Charles and we all agreed that Yates was not the quarterback who would take us to the playoffs.
You may want to change your password. It appears that some 14 year old got on his parents 'puter and logged into eccie with your username and password. Originally Posted by DEAR_JOHN
Either that or DDD has been hitting the bottle again tonight!

By the way, I watched the Colts game with Stevie Wonder, Ronnie Milsap, and Ray Charles and we all agreed that Yates was not the quarterback who would take us to the playoffs. Originally Posted by DEAR_JOHN
The moral of the story is that even a blind man can see it! Why can't DDD?

Beats me!
Lots of guys under-preformed tonight. JJ Watt wasn't one of them.
So TJ throws for 81.2% completion 13 of 16. Foster runs for over 150yds. Defense holds for less than 20pts. All this yet we loose. What an embarrassment! I love you coach Kubes, but I could slap your ass for this one. Penalties hurt a lot and the fuckin zebras had it out for Watt.
However, this should have been the game to turn the entire playbook over to Yates and let him go ass wild. What the fuck was this conservative shit? We didn't need this game. We already know what Foster and Tate can do. I'm with you fellers, what the fuck was kubes thinking holding back the rook? If he throws some int's, who cares? INDY SUX let the kid have some fun!
Was this some kind of attempt to impede indy's draft projections or what?
If so, great! Stick it to the smurfs, I'll roll with that!
But sayin we went in there expecting a win with that gameplan is asking for it and here it is...
UPSET OF THE YEAR.
Hey, don't shoot the messenger! I am just sharing with (Dopey) Dude Daddio and Bb05 the same information that the rest of the football world already knows. During the 2011 NFL season, a healthy Matt Schaub (injury notwithstanding) has been a much better NFL starting qb option than a healthy T.J. Yates. With the notable exception of T.J. being a better running qb. LOL The stats don't lie! Why it seems to escape those two is anybody's guess.

I made a personal decision to try to help the mentally challenged transition into the real world. (Dopey) Dude and Bb05 were my first projects. Earth to (Dopey) Dude Daddio and Bb05 (the guy who proudly proclaims that he loves to hate Matt Schaub): Thus far during the current NFL season, Schaub is in fact a 12 point per game better qb than TJ. Hopefully my gf's brother will be good to go by next years training camp. That does not necessarily mean that Schaub will always be as good at running the Texans offense as he was during the first 10 games of this season. Five years from now, who knows?

Barring further injury, my gf's brother (damn you Satin for outing me) will be our starting qb in 2012! I am so certain that will be the case, I am more than willing to place a five lap dance wager with each to the girl of the winners choosing (that's 100 smarackaroos each to the mentally challenged), payable at a strip club picked out by Satin. Hmmm, I wonder if (Dopey) Dude and Bb05 will decide to dance for each other! That's not my business, whatever floats their boat!

Obviously, injuries and age will eventually factor in for both. But I can assure you of one thing, if Kubes were foolish enough to start a 16 point per game T.J. Yates over a healthy 27 point per game Matt Schaub next year, 31 NFL teams would be thrilled with the decision. But Kubes is much smarter than that. And that is why Kubes is the Head Coach of the Houston Texans and not (Dopey) Dude Daddio or Bb05.

And I am willing to bet on it! Are they? Originally Posted by bigtex
Schaub leave me out of this. I "hate" you like you keep hating on TJ. Yes, what you are doing is considered hating. You are a hater. A player hater to be exact. I don't love to hate you. I just don't think much of you. I told you. didn't meant to hurt your feelings. Again, get well, get back out there. I'm tired of you not having a job. QBs trolling forums ain't cute. :/

Kubiak sucks. He just lets the game unfold in front of him and doesn't challenge shit. Not challenge as in throw his flag. Just get in the ear of a ref and tell him these calls are bullshit. He's always being conservative but this shit is sickening. Also, do they not have more than 10 plays. Yates had a rating of 101.0. He was not the problem. Stupidest thing I seen him do was applaud Wayne's catch.

We need wide receivers. Dre mainly to help draw double coverage. He can handle it but if we had someone else just as lethal on the other side, the sky is the limit. Short dump passes to Foster ain't going to cut it. Jones should be cut.
Wade can't get back fast enough.
Schaub leave me out of this. I "hate" you like you keep hating on TJ. Yes, what you are doing is considered hating. You are a hater. A player hater to be exact. I don't love to hate you. I just don't think much of you. I told you. didn't meant to hurt your feelings. Again, get well, get back out there. I'm tired of you not having a job. QBs trolling forums ain't cute. :/ Originally Posted by Blackbuddy05
There you go, shooting the messenger again. As for TJ, I have never said that I hate him or even remotely similar. I sincerely hope that one day he will be a productive NFL qb. Will he ever cross the threshold? I don't know but he has the necessary tools. He's got a strong arm. He has pocket presence and he seems to be fairly bright. That's a good start but at this point in time, he's just not there yet. I am realistic enough to know that just because he isn't there now does not mean he will not be there one day.

On the other hand, I recall reading a post where you proudly proclaim to be a "Schaub hater." I believe you said something along the lines of: "I am a Schaub hater. There I've finally said it." Would you like me to look up the exact quote and read it back to you? Hate is such of an evil word! Perhaps counseling might help you deal with your "hate" problem! Some people just love to hate. Perhaps you're one of them.

I certainly can't explain why you hate someone you probably have never met.

Neither will I try!
This game pointed out a glaring weakness of the team. No down field threat. Without Johnson the Colts really had no worry on the deep pass. The Texan receivers are not in the same class as the Colts receivers. In the next draft we need to take a WR in the first round.

As for the game I agree that Kubiak should have gone tried everything. One play really pissed me off. It was 3rd and 1 and Foster was not in and they tried a pass which failed. Foster was destroying the left side of the Colts line. That is just bad play calling on Kubiak.
  • Satin
  • 12-23-2011, 07:55 AM
Well I see the agreed upon moratorium didn't last long, so with that, I say fire away boys. Just know that the same stupid bullshit talked about over and over is dumb, boring and pointless.

With that being said, it seems that a lot of you watched a different game than myself, Cat-Man and Easye. I'm still trying to figure out how we blame this on the Rook. Unbelievable. In case some of you didn't catch it...the Rook was 13 of 16 for 132 yards and NO picks. For some of you slow guys, that's a 81.2% completion ratio and a QB rating of 101. Good numbers.

The fucking problem is the play calling. The Rook don't call plays. He can only execute what's given to him. Kubes is having him throw those short passes and bootlegs for 5 yards. That shit ain't gonna get it done boys. We have more passes thrown to backs than ANY team in the league. That sucks.

He was also sacked 4 times. I guess that's his fault too right? Because our fucking offensive line is not blocking and missing assignments; correct? Ridiculous.

The team rushes for 171 yards- BUT- Our third down efficiency was 1 out of 10. That's weak.

The good:
Foster rushes for 158 yards
Cush was a beast - 12 tackles, 2 forced fumbles and a sack
Rackers 3 of 3 on field goals

The bad:
11 penalties for 84 yards (3 in the red zone - 2 by Watts that killed us)
Defense couldn't stop Dan Orlovsky (didn't we cut him?)
Kareem Jackson gets beat on the last series - 34 yarder to Reggie Wayne and the game-winner with one-on-one coverage. (wtf?)
Kubes questionable play-calling

The only good thing about a loss like this is as bad as it hurts, at least we can get rid of all the weak ass bandwagon fans who only jumped on when we went on a winning streak. They were just taking up room from the real fans who follow the team. So now they can take their happy ass back to watching golf or sewing or whatever the fuck they were doing...
The injuries have finally caught up to them...they need AJ back and Wade