NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

The same shit happen in the first game couldn't hold the tight end .
I was at this fucking game, it was the Houston Buzzkill not Texans at their finest.

What was the story on the Clown? Rumor at the stadium was he got upset that he was inactive for the game and left the stadium to take care of personal matters. WTF?? WTMF??? It did not appear he was on the sideline during the game. What is up with this Fucking Vagina???? Originally Posted by Daddio

Clowney was a game day decision and they made him inactive due to his foot. He wanted to be a drama queen so he left the stadium pissed off. The Texans' PR down played it by saying when a player is inactive for the game they can either stay or go home. He supposedly was going to deal with something and come back but that was bullshit.
Here is the team and the season as I see it. Very interested to see what Boardman has to say.

Bob McNair - Totally clueless as an owner. Is perfectly happy with 9-7 seasons as long as stadium is full. Puts absolutely no pressure on Rick Smith or BoB. If Les Alexander owned this team Rick Smith would have been gone years ago. Yet McNair is perfectly happy to keep Rick around. And he has indicated he knows he had been doing a bad job when he said. "Rick has been getting better with the draft" Oh really, you are perfectly happy to accept terrible draft after terrible draft from Rick? Why?

Rick Smith: Lots of bad decisions in the draft has ruined this team. First he wiffs on mid round draft picks and then has to sign high priced free agents to make up for it causing the team to be forced to release good players due to cap reasons. Should have been fired after the 2013 total disaster of a draft. Clowney over Mack. Clowney had just one big hit on YouTube while Mack destroyed the Ohio State offensive line when Buffalo played them. Spurrier hinted that Clowney was type that did not play with pain. Lots of former pro players said Clowney had lots of holes in his game and was suspect. I will say that since BoB has gotten here the drafts have been better. I really hope that BoB goes to McNair and asked for a better GM forcing Rick out.

Bill O'Brien: Shows signs of being a very good coach at times, sometimes gets a little too fancy in games. His first year decision that none of the top QBs in the draft interested him enough to draft one doomed the team. While Bortles is taking a few years to get going he is showing signs of getting lots better and is following his pre-draft write up that it will take a few years for him to learn and be ready. Bridgewater is in the playoffs and Carr is showing a lot of promise. Instead of taking one of these he took Tom Savage who had not played football for 1,000 days before his final year in college. Think about it, he has only one year in the last 6 with any game time reps. In his two years with the Texans I doubt if he got many first team reps at all and then he got hurt. Hurt first season and second so his meaningful time getting reps is about nil. Some future QB. If BoB takes a QB this year it had better be Carson Wentz and not Hackenberg. Who the team takes at QB will determine a lot. If BoB passes on another QB this year and stays with current QBs on team I am guessing it's BoB's last year as Titans and Jags will be a lot better and Luck will be fully healthy.

Over-all the team has no play makers on offense except for Hopkins. The offense has become Throw It To Hopkins And Hope. Any team that can limit Hopkins has the Texans beat because they have no other answer. This year the Texans never scored more than 21 points on offense with the defense making up the rest. Not a very good sign. The draft has to focus on QB, WR, Running Back and O-Line with first 4-5 picks. Winning the division was the worse thing that could have happened to the team. Now it picks at 24 instead of higher for better picks. Now the Colts draft higher and can address their needs better. Not the Texans.

In conclusion the Texans might have peaked under BoB and without a new GM and super draft with a stud QB the other teams in the division are going to zoom past them in short order leaving the Texans with a bleak future for the next 7-8 years.
This is Brian hoyer first playoff game ever I wonder how he will play Originally Posted by jstone420

Now you know ...
Biggest shutout in the playoffs since 1968.

Is there anybody left in here that doesn't thinck Brian Hoyer sucks major ass?
30 To 0 that's a shame they need to stop putting J J on offense before he get hurt
Biggest shutout in the playoffs since 1968.

Is there anybody left in here that doesn't thinck Brian Hoyer sucks major ass? Originally Posted by oilfieldscum
Bill O'Brien
When was the last time...if ever....that all 4 road teams (Wildcard Weekend) were favored the first week of the NFL playoffs? I guess it's happened; just can't recall.....

Plus, we're in the midst of the worst start for the market.....ever.

Apocalypse is upon us....

KC (-3.5) at Hou

Pitt (-3) at Cincy

Sea (-5) at Minn

GB (-1) at Wash Originally Posted by Chateau Becot
I'll take all the road teams except Green Bay. The Redskins will give them all they can handle...and then some. Originally Posted by oilfieldscum
Yep, history will be made. All 4 road teams will win.

Chiefs, Steelers, Seahawks, and now the Packers have got it done. And with the exception of the Chiefs fucking the Texans in the ass with no condom or lube, the other three were pretty good games.
Chiefs are going to get shut down in NE.
Well they will be drafting a QB next year. Too bad they wouldn't trade up to get Paxton Lynch from Memphis. He will go quick.

But I know Bob will not pass on Christian Hackenberg, the QB from Penn State.

So we will have Hoyer, Savage and Hackenberg in camp next year.

We also need a running back..UGH!?
There is a video going around of Hopkins saying "get that mother f**ker off the field" and he is talking about Hoyer.

People are saying the best QB in draft could be Carson Wentz who could be there st 24. Hack from Penn St is terrible. He is ranked as no better than a 4th round pick
Bill O'Brien Originally Posted by BigLouie
I forgot about that prick.

People are saying the best QB in draft could be Carson Wentz who could be there st 24. Hack from Penn St is terrible. He is ranked as no better than a 4th round pick Originally Posted by BigLouie
I thinck they'd be better off trading for a QB with some NFL experience under his belt....and of course not another bench warmer to Brady.
I agree, to capitalize on the limited players we do have in their prime(JJ and Hopkins) and the Defense as a whole somewhat, I think a QB with pro experience is the way to go. This draft class doesn't look that impressive. Lynch is big and can move but his bowl performance was less than impressive. Don't know much about The North Dakota kid.

Chase Daniel, Jimmy G, Peyton Manning. Who else could be available? Stafford or Cuntler?

If we could get anywhere close to value for The Clown they need to pull the trigger and jettison that Mother Fucker!!!
All those are good points but you an owner that knows nothing about a good trade or draft pick
Looks like the wrong people are getting fired at NRG Stadium today.