NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

All road teams won last week. All home teams won this weekend. Damn good games too!

Who y'all got to win the AFC/NFC Championship Games and the Super Bowl??

My predictions are:
AFC - Patriots over the Broncos
NFC - Panthers over the Cardinals

Super Bowl - Panthers @ Patriots. Panthers win. I think this is simply Cam's year. Originally Posted by kerwil62
Yeah....all the road winners from Wildcard Weekend ran outa luck this past week. Maybe there's something to getting a BYE....getting a weekend off to rest/relax and wait for their opponent to travel. In this year's case, no maybe to it....a definite.

Odds this weekend:

NE (+3) @ DEN

AZ (-3) @ CAR

Odds winning the Super Bowl:

NE 15/8 (1.88 to 1)

CAR 2/1

DEN 7/2 (3.5 to 1)

AZ 4/1

Arizona at Carolina pits a pair of Heisman Trophy winning QB's (along with being first round, number one picks in the draft) versus one another....Carson Palmer - Cam Newton.

Palmer's inability to avoid the rush & get out of the pocket will be the Card's downfall imo.....(note: Palmer's impromptu escape in overtime last week and toss that game winning 75 yard catch-and-run to Fitz notwithstanding......)

New England at Denver.....Brady vs Manning for the umteenth time.

If the Bronco receivers show up with a case of butter-fingers (again), the Pats win this match up going away.
Palmer's inability to avoid the rush & get out of the pocket will be the Card's downfall imo.....(note: Palmer's impromptu escape in overtime last week and toss that game winning 75 yard catch-and-run to Fitz notwithstanding......) Originally Posted by Chateau Becot

I think they were was a bigger percentage of people more impressed with Palmer in that play than Fitz catching it and running down the field.
Did y'all see Kubiak give the finger to Rick Smith and Bob McNair

Steeler Nation sends a big ass THANK YOU to the Broncos
Texans problem could well be the owner and GM
I thought the Patriots would give more of a game than they did. That Broncos defense was on Brady's ass all day! Peyton's going back to another Super Bowl.

Kubiak, Owen Daniels, and Wade Phillips are going to their first Super Bowl. Somehow Kubiak and Super Bowl together don't sound right, but it's a reality. That makes the Texans look even worse.

Like I said earlier, Arizona can't fuck with Carolina. Score now is 49-15. A straight up ass-whooping. And I still say Carolina is gonna win it all.
Y'all think that Carolina can put up 49 points on the Broncos??

Cardinals are getting their asses handed to them....
The question is, can Manning outmaneuver Carolina's D? Can't wait to see the spread on this game.
Y'all think that Carolina can put up 49 points on the Broncos?? Originally Posted by hornfreak
Uh...NO

Having said that, I have no idea who I think will win the game yet
That kubiak shit want work against the panthers
Can't wait to see the spread on this game. Originally Posted by Fishpie
Early lines are between 4 and 4 1/2 (favorite Carolina), with an O/U of 45. I would be surprised if they don't move toward 6 later in the week, as I think a lot of folks think that the Broncos may get blown out and will be jumping on those numbers.

Glad to see Wade Phillips in a Superbowl, just wish it had been here.
Yea I found the spread. I'm already locked for Carolina -5.5. If I can find -10.5 to -14.5 I'll jump on that also.
Well we know it WASN'T the former coach.
Tip of the hat to that Aggie Kubiak.
You never know hat could be if you don't give the coach the right players.
Don't forget about the Broncos defensive coordinator Wade Phillips. He's also a former Texan coach.
So anybody know the date when the Texans will play the Raiders in Mexico City later this year???
Well I found out the date.

November 21, 2016 Texans v. Raiders in Mexico City.

(Good news is it's a 'Home Game' for the Raiders, so no loss of a game at NRG.)