What are you reading?

Im reading Vladimir Nabokovs Lolita for the umpteenth time something about it feels new everytime I read it. Dwelling into Humpberts' complicated obsession with his loss of an adolescent love, that manifested itself into a such a disturbing fixation on Delores makes me wish the story ended differently.Ava Gardners bio is next I bought it and read it up until the 9th chapter and left it on a train coming back from Fairfield,CT. I got it again and im picking right back up where i left off,i've been intrigued by her since I was little and my mom obsessed over every movie she was in.
Im reading Vladimir Nabokovs Lolita for the umpteenth time something about it feels new everytime I read it. Dwelling into Humpberts' complicated obsession with his loss of an adolescent love, that manifested itself into a such a disturbing fixation on Delores makes me wish the story ended differently.Ava Gardners bio is next I bought it and read it up until the 9th chapter and left it on a train coming back from Fairfield,CT. I got it again and im picking right back up where i left off,i've been intrigued by her since I was little and my mom obsessed over every movie she was in. Originally Posted by caramelqtee mila
I like that piece of work too. It so saddening too. The movie made me cry.
What I'm reading right now is "The Five Languages of Apology" by Gary Chapman. I've read one of his other books that I thought was great. Most of what I like are books that help me understand more about myself and us as people. If you understand yourself then you understand others...

One of the best books I've ever read was "The Shack" by William P. Young. That book
changed my view on a lot of things.

As far a fiction I like Lee Childs, Nelson DeMille, or John Grishom.
Right now I'm reading ECCIE.

@EA
My ability to enjoy Grisham has waned. I think his story telling skill has gone waaaaay down.
I haven't read his stuff in a while. I really enjoy Lee Childs "Reacher" series...
"The Art of Eating" by M.F.K. Fisher
Interesting about the Kindle listings. I was going to purchase a copy of The Man Who Would Be King in hard copy and changed my mind when I found out I could download into my ipad the complete works of Rudyard Kipling which included this masterpiece for only $ .99! What a bargain! I am sold on downloading books to my ipad.
The cultural contradictions of Capitalism by Daniel Bell (collection of essays published at the end of the 1970s)
Gutenberg's book is really expensive. Originally Posted by charlestudor2005
Too bad I can't that for kindle...
The cultural contradictions of Capitalism by Daniel Bell (collection of essays published at the end of the 1970s) Originally Posted by mahler
Mahler, I like your Cheburashka avatar, are you Russian?
I have told myself 2011 is a year when I need to read more,so I went to Amazon.com and bought a pile of classic books that I should have read a long time ago. Right now I am reading Jane Eyre.

What are you reading? Originally Posted by BellaIsabella
Black Dagger Brotherhood by J.R. Ward
Mahler, I like your Cheburashka avatar, are you Russian? Originally Posted by BellaIsabella
No not Russian....I discovered the cartoon because another member of ECCIE used it as his avatar. The original cartoons from the 1960s are available on youtube. I also have some of the dolls that I purchased from Amazon.com.
All the best
"A Very Private Gentleman" -- the George Clooney movie 'The Quiet American" (I think) is based on it.
Also - "Neptune's Inferno", about the naval battles for Guadalcanal in 1942.

Also, William Shirer was an American newspaper and radio correspondant based in Berlin until 1941. He (with Edward R. Murrow) pioneered radio broadcasts of news from overseas. In addition to "The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich" he also wrote "Berlin Diary", which is a account of his time in Berlin under the Nazis, until he was forced to leave. It's a much more personal story (for example, he talks about the difficulties he had in getting his wife and child out of Germany) and is well worth reading.
So, London, give me a hint of your taste: what version of the Bible? Protestant or Catholic versions? And which version of those do you pick up? Should be on the cover page. Originally Posted by charlestudor2005
I am Non-Denomination, so King James sums it up. I also enjoy books by Joyce Meyer and Joel Osteen. Anything that makes me less of a b3tch is a good book IMO.

Just to clarify....I too am anti-religion. Religion is the result of man getting involved with what God originally intended. A relationship is entirely different.
London- have you read "The Shack" by William Young??