Another Obama Outrage

Government controlling the economy is not freedom. One of the older Rothschilds is quoted as saying "Give me control of a country's money supply, and I care not who makes the laws." Which is why the Founders, in the Constitution (I know you guys hate this) provided for the PEOPLE to be in charge of the money, through the Congress. We have turned it over to the banks. We are now their servants, and no longer citizens.
Question is, how do we get back to the founding principals?

Government controlling the economy is not freedom. One of the older Rothschilds is quoted as saying "Give me control of a country's money supply, and I care not who makes the laws." Which is why the Founders, in the Constitution (I know you guys hate this) provided for the PEOPLE to be in charge of the money, through the Congress. We have turned it over to the banks. We are now their servants, and no longer citizens. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
I don't think we ever will, WW. Maybe after the economy collapses (which it will, soon) if the right people take power, and the people stand up for what is right, rather than what they can get, we might have a chance. But I doubt it. I don't see anywhere in history where a country has drifted this far into collectivism and turned back. I just had a grandchild born recently. I shudder to think of the tyranny he will face as grows older.
I don't think we ever will, WW. Maybe after the economy collapses (which it will, soon) if the right people take power, and the people stand up for what is right, rather than what they can get, we might have a chance. But I doubt it. I don't see anywhere in history where a country has drifted this far into collectivism and turned back. I just had a grandchild born recently. I shudder to think of the tyranny he will face as grows older. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
Just let him grow up and go to college, study law or politics and become Congressman or Senator.
Pretty good pension, healthcare and you can get away with almost EVERYTHING.
Become a LAWYER? Over my dead body! I'd like to see him in a respectable profession.
Become a LAWYER? Over my dead body! I'd like to see him in a respectable profession. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
Okay then, trader, doesn't matter what, stock, options, currencies, commodities. It's just stealing money from other rich people. Oh maybe stock trading is not so respectable, that's stealing from peoples 401K's. If you're young and smart, it's a 100% sure way to become a millionaire.
And to make it more respectable he can always give money to charity.
I remember telling people to please not tell my mother I'm a lawyer, she thinks I play piano in a brothel.

Not original, but it got a laugh. And it is more respectable to play piano in a brothel.
I remember telling people to please not tell my mother I'm a lawyer, she thinks I play piano in a brothel.

Not original, but it got a laugh. And it is more respectable to play piano in a brothel. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
does anyone actually play a piano in a brothel??

prolly not since the 50's or so.
Shhh!! Mom might hear!