Why are ty hey charging the parents in the Michigan school shooting?

• WTF
  • 12-05-2021, 07:00 AM
https://www.wxyz.com/news/oakland-co...d-against-them

Here is the video from the zoom bond hearing for this couple.

I realize some of you have already made up your mind as to the guilt of this couple but for those not so prone to shoot first and ask questions later....at the 17:50 marks there attorneys get to counter the DA's narrative.
Since you didn't go to college, WTFDoIKnow, this might help you:

I could be her fitness trainer and firm her up around the edges
  • WTF
  • 12-05-2021, 07:18 AM
Since you didn't go to college, WTFDoIKnow, this might help you:

Originally Posted by LexusLover
Why would you lie about me not going to college counselor?

Do you make a habit of doing that in your practice?

You know that there has not been a trial...yet you so far have believe everything the DA has charged. Were you a DA, Judge?
Why would you lie about me not going to college counselor?

Do you make a habit of doing that in your practice?

You know that there has not been a trial...yet you so far have believe everything the DA has charged. Were you a DA, Judge? Originally Posted by WTF
This dude lies about everything.

That hasn’t changed since the days of ASPD.
Okay, I did some reading. The parents are being charged with four counts of involuntary manslaughter. In Michigan, that is when someone not directly connected with a death of a person but who had the power to affect the outcome. Like giving a friend several drinks and then putting him into this car to go out on the highway and kill a bus full of orphans and nuns. However, that is a direct action whereas in this case it would negligence by not taking action. The prosecutor is hanging the case on a few things; the pistol was purchased by the father for the son's Christmas present, the mother, when advised that her son was searching for ammunition while at school, told him to "not get caught", and when informed of some disturbing drawing made by their son, neither parent acted to secure the pistol or find its location. Michigan has no statute about allowing children to access firearms.
I don't think (given what we know right now) that the prosecutor can successfully prosecute this case beyond a reasonable doubt. The straw purchase, which the father is not being charged with, is difficult to prove. The boy was underage but they have to prove that he was in control of the pistol. Fathers have been giving guns to children for years and the vast majority never end badly. My own father gave me a rifle at 13 years old but it stayed with the other guns in the house. I bought my first rifle at 16 years old and that stayed in my room. When I returned from the Persian Gulf during the hostage crisis, my dad stood in so I could buy a single action pistol days before I turned 21. It is very common place and one could suppose that the gun dealer and sheriff could have both been held accountable if I had shot someone.
Then there is the negligence charge...the parents could easily make the case that they are not medical experts and the school is not either. That any opinions offered by counselors or teachers were just that, opinions.

One thing that stands out is that the prosecutor wants to charge the boy with terrorism. The FBI definition of terrorism is the threat of, or use of violence, to affect a political goal or change. This looks like pandering on the part of the prosecution.

The prosecutor, Karen McDonald, went ronin at a press conference announcing the charges and tried to make an emotional case about gun ownership and parental responsibilities. Like I said, pandering to the woke mob. I also think she is overcharging the boy just like in Kenosha.

Karen McDonald is an elected judge having only served 11 months of a term. She is a registered democrat and a former judge. Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn
There did more than that supply him with gun. Encourage him to carry it and shot fell students. There did pull trigger but If the parents only getting involuntary manslaughter it will be slap on hand. The kid was scare to go home if did shot at least 6 kids.
for wtf

DPST!
DPST!
DPST!
  • WTF
  • 12-05-2021, 11:13 AM
This dude lies about everything.

That hasn’t changed since the days of ASPD. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
I wonder if he lies about being a lawyer or is just a really shitty lawyer?
  • WTF
  • 12-05-2021, 11:14 AM
for wtf

DPST!
DPST!
DPST!
Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
  • WTF
  • 12-05-2021, 12:26 PM
Originally Posted by LexusLover
Counselor, did you by chance hear the Defense Attorneys counter to the DA?

Or have you already arrived to a verdict? Guilty as charged.
  • WTF
  • 12-05-2021, 01:45 PM

IMO if more "parents" got arrested and convicted some of this school shit would stop. Originally Posted by LexusLover
Really?
^^^^

I am with him on that one.
  • WTF
  • 12-05-2021, 02:20 PM
I say we wait until the Defense at least gets to put one on before thinking this couple is guilty of anything. You can get a glimpse of their rebuttal at the 17:50 mark on the 2nd video

https://www.wxyz.com/news/oakland-co...d-against-them
I'm not convicting them already. I just believe irresponsible control of a weapon is criminal. We don't know exactly what happened. But the signs were there to get the kid some help.

Thanks for the video and article.

Scratch that - the evidence was there for the parents to prevent this.