Were you one of the kewl kids??

• MC
  • 03-03-2012, 11:20 AM
I definitely was not one of the cool kids. I was (and still am to an extent) a bit shy and mostly kept to myself in school, except for when I would screen movies for the local film club. I also made the honor roll.

One good thing about the hobby besides the obvious is that it gives me the chance to interact with people more.
I was definitely NOT a cheerleader...interesting how many cheerleaders become providers later in life according to this informal poll.

I was a nerd but also a fuck up so...I was in gifted and talented/honors classes but skipped them a lot just to go somewhere quiet and read a book that wasn't required reading. Most of my close friends were misfits of one kind or another or other nerds.

My only extracurriculars were Drama club,Writer's club, one year of JROTC, and one year of soccer.
I was a loner that was itching to get out of High School and start my life in the Real World.

Got involved in the hobby 7 months after graduation. Always figured I would be living the Playboy Lifestyle..Hobbyist for life!
Large NYC area HS.... was honor roll all 4 yrs..., sr yr caption of football team and 2nd team all state @ LB jr yr, 1st team all-state sr yr........ played Div 1 FB for 3 yrs and quit to focus on my acctg degree, as I had no chance whatsoever to play in the pros and my old man was wise enough to make sure I knew it....found it funny at a 10 yr and 20 yr HS reunions, the "kewel" kids seemed to have peaked in HS... those BMoC (big men on campus) that got academic scholarships to Ivy schools or top Div 1 athletic full rides, pretty much got into drugs/got preggers, etc, whilst us " 2nd teamers" still had our best years ahead of us....
much i pine for you i think i can cut that line down to just 1. its a win win win i lose the wieght you gain it and i fill my bucket list. just a thought
Will be tough... I'll have to start an assembly line. Originally Posted by Shayla