What is your dream automobile?

I have an RS already, but I want a 3rd Gen w/T Tops. Black w/ white Rally stripes.
Attached Images File Type: jpg Camaro6May2008010copy.jpg (137.3 KB, 123 views)
Bugatti Veyron SS Originally Posted by I_Caraway
Add me to list of all who have mentioned this one. Would love to take one for a spin at some point!

Those are some mighty fine cars but I'm with TTH, cars (and watchs) don't do it for me anymore. If I ever start feeling that way about vaginia, somebody please shoot me. Originally Posted by WTF
Who doesn't like a nice Harley? I was never a truck/SUV guy....but I'm beginning to lean your way...or, at least, some sort of raised vehicle to take out the dips & the lack of grading in the Houston streets. The roads down here are murder on anything with a firm suspension & low clearance.

I always liked the 1967 Shelby Mustang GT500 (This is like the Eleanor model from Gone in 60 Seconds)
Originally Posted by coast_encounter
Another nice choice! As would be the old Dodge Charger & the Pontiac GTO.

I actually got sit in one of my "dream" automobiles a couple of times as a young kid. In what could only have been a fit of temporary insanity, my folks bought my older brother a 1969 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible. Sorta like this one,

But white...with leather interior & every gadget one could get on a car in those days. Damn, that car was sharp! Need I even say?....He'd only had it a short time when he loaned to it to a girl who totaled it. Pops? Well....let's just say he was NOT pleased. We had to downgrade to a 1965 Nash Rambler station wagon after that.

Hope she was worth it, bro'!!
Ferarri - Fiat. Boy talk about opposites. Originally Posted by SR Only
Fiat today is a joke, but back in the day . . . .

Actually, my 124 Abarth Rally is a Ferrari - sort of. The Fiat 124 Spider and the Ferrari 275 GTS are both derived from the same Pininfarina base design.

Ferrari 275 GTS:

Fiat 124 Spider:

The difference, of course, is what's underneath. The Ferrari's 3.3L V12 has little more go than mine.

Even so, the engine for the Fiat 124 Abarth Rally Spiders was a Ferrari design modified for the Fiat by Aurelio Lampredi - the legendary engineer who created the original Ferrari V12's. The engine badge might say Fiat, but it takes the same filters, wires, pistons, carbs, etc, etc, as the Ferrari engines of the same period. It obviously doesn't sound or go the same as a V12 Ferrari, but for all intents and purposes it's a little baby version of the 275 with about 1/3 the engine.

My car is actually the same model that won the European Rally Championship in both '72 and '75. It routinely beat (and still beats) 911's and 912's from the same years. It may not be as pretty as some of the other greats of that period, but it's got the moves.

Highly recommended fun little car that doesn't attract the attention of theives or the insurance bills of a period Porsche or Ferrari but still has some zoom to it. I wouldn't make a daily driver of a 911 or a 365 from those years, but I'm out in the 124 all the time in the summer. It's all the fun without all the hassle and bills.

Cheers,
Mazo.
Add me to list of all who have mentioned this one. Would love to take one for a spin at some point! Originally Posted by Sisyphus
Forget a "spin", try taking one for a SWIM!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NJmB1F2mdE

Despite the reference to a "Lambo" that's actually a Veyron getting a bath.

Perhaps the most expensive scuba lesson in automotive history.

Cheers,
Mazo.
Here ya go:
Attached Images File Type: jpg flycar.jpg (11.5 KB, 118 views)
Forget a "spin", try taking one for a SWIM!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NJmB1F2mdE

Despite the reference to a "Lambo" that's actually a Veyron getting a bath.

Perhaps the most expensive scuba lesson in automotive history.

Cheers,
Mazo. Originally Posted by Mazomaniac
Ouch!!! That hurt just to watch! Brings to mind one of my favorite lines from, "Risky Business," when the Porsche service manager asks,

"Who's the U-Boat Commander?"
That went way viral when it was released. Just like the car on its nose in the snow storm did a few weeks ago. A local Audi dealer has the pic in its ads.
If money were no object, what car would you buy?

Personally one of these beauties would suit me quite nicely:

Originally Posted by BellaIsabella

Here are some for me!

Ford Shelby Cobra
http://www.exoticcars.ws/cars/ford-shelby-cobra.jpg

Vintage Pontica GTO
http://autocar-news.com/wp-content/u...ac-Vintage.jpg

Vintage racing mustang
http://bringatrailer.com/wp-content/...ar_Front_1.jpg
The Porsche 356 was the first stick I ever drove.
Attached Images File Type: jpg porsche_356_speedster_1_8w.jpg (23.4 KB, 115 views)
The Porsche 356 was the first stick I ever drove. Originally Posted by pjorourke
Is that the car that was driven in the movie "Top Gun"?
  • Leta
  • 02-15-2011, 10:38 PM
I would take a Corvette all souped up with all the xtras
  • DaMan
  • 02-15-2011, 11:17 PM
Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione. Beauty incarnate.

Corvete