Obama Supporters

• Laz
  • 11-15-2012, 07:12 PM
These would be the same fiscal conservatives who need to educate the poor and middle class but are typically first in line to cut education funding in favor of increased military spending? Originally Posted by SAtexas
The federal government should not be involved in education funding.

If you use the results of the education that we are spending incredible amounts on it should be clear that what we are doing is not working and money is not the problem.

As for the military, that is a core function of the federal government. However, fiscal conservatives do want the military to operate with fiscal responsibility.
You liberals that voted for Hussein Blobama deserve the lying Cretan community-organizer bullshiter you voted for. Arrogance and ignorance all in one special package. Amazing. I hope you don't own any property or stocks because it's all going down.....don't worry, you can still blame Bush.
The federal government should not be involved in education funding.

If you use the results of the education that we are spending incredible amounts on it should be clear that what we are doing is not working and money is not the problem.

As for the military, that is a core function of the federal government. However, fiscal conservatives do want the military to operate with fiscal responsibility. Originally Posted by Laz
So who shold be the ones involved in education funding? Most states are already having budget cuts where they want to cut education funding. All that is doing is shifting the burden from the federal level to the state level.

You said 'If you use the results of the education that we are spending...it is clear that what we are doing is not working" What are you basing this on? I'm not saying it is working, but a general statement with no support isn't worth the time it takes to type it.
wow, at least this forum is open to good debate. You should check out similar debates on the national sandbox forum. talk about extremes.

IMO I think term limits should be set for congress. Two terms is plenty. The problem now is that congressmen get elected, build alliances (between other politicians and lobbyists), and lose sight that they are supposed to represent their districts. This becomes a job for them instead of a purpose. They find out that by making certain alliances they gain power and money (almost every congressman becomes a millionaire or more after serving a few years).

Another thing we need to do is eliminate the way lobbyists and special interest groups operate. We need to make it illegal for any lobbyist or special interest group to "donate" money, trips, gifts, etc. to a politician. Pharmaceutical companies were notorious for buying off doctors by giving them gifts (disguised as a trip to some exotic place to attend a "seminar"). Congress put a stop to that and now doctors are no longer prescribing drugs based on which company gives him the best "benefits".
Why are you even talking about this shit.

Hey he won! Nothing can change the outcome.

My choice lost, but I was over it when I woke
up Wednesday.

My future business decisions will be dramatically
Different. But, I will survive no matter who
who is president.

Of course I could be wrong!
  • Laz
  • 11-16-2012, 06:26 PM
What are you basing this on? I'm not saying it is working, but a general statement with no support isn't worth the time it takes to type it. Originally Posted by SAtexas
Look at the student rankings in the US to the rest of the world. I will not do the research for you. If you disagree prove me wrong.

As for who should be responsible. The states have that responsibility. They will have to manage their budgets accordingly. Passing the cost to the federal government is not the solution.

I think people need to overhaul how education is delivered in this country. There are many options that could improve it and actually reduce its cost. We always talk about great teachers that can communicate effectively. Why are we not finding the best of them and using technology to let them teach large quantities of students. Why are we not creating video presentations that the students learn from. Think about the beginning of saving private ryan and the d-day invasion. Is there anyone that saw that and did not get an emotional and thorough understanding of what those kids faced that day. Imagine creating lessons about history that were like that for kids to learn from. It would be expensive to develop but then it could be used millions of times for many years. From that perspective the cost would be trivial. More importantly the kids would actually learn and enjoy the process.

And finally, yes Obama won. While I am disappointed, I am not going to bitch about that. However, the issues still exist and I enjoy discussing the alternatives and debating them. The national forum just looks like elementary school name calling and has gotten VERY boring.
and in addition to this - I have a very close friend who owns 16 McDonald's franchises who will be doing basically the same thing.....

http://www.kens5.com/news/San-Antoni...179737691.html

.....this is where the rubber hits the road folks!!

• Laz
  • 11-16-2012, 09:07 PM
Obamacare is bad law for a lot of reasons. The two primary ones are that it is NOT healthcare, it is insurance and inefficient insurance at that. The second reason is that because it does not incentivize innovation nor encourage efficiency it will not lower the cost of health care.
  • oden
  • 11-16-2012, 10:08 PM
So what do you do when everyone runs out of money? We all will go back to don't tap me, I can't afford it. Pay for your own damned stuff. Don't come to Texas and take our money for California.

The key to our success has been that we have been a Constitutional Federation of States, not a National Democracy. The role of the Federal government is limited to national defense and regulation of interstate commerce. When you go beyond that you are forcing different states to subsidize things that they do not believe in for agendas that the offending states believe in but can not afford.

If the coastal states want to have an agenda that they can not afford we should not be forced to subsidize them. They say California is a bell weather state, well guess where the nation is headed!