Boy George: This is the future that I (and the democrats) were fighting for...

The modern democratic party has new symbol for the party

or how about

PS. I noticed that you gave up on the Dirksen thing and are now deflecting away. Don't feel sad, I catch stage magicians doing their thing as well. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
You're the one who blamed a fuckup on his mother. How low can you fucking go. Jesus Christ, they ought to build a statue to the person who had to carry you around for 9 mos.
You're going to pick a fight with the Chicago Tribune over words Karl?

Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
No, its just that you did not understand what you pasted is all. That seems to be pretty common with you. The fact that you admitted it was someone else s work does not make it mean what you want it to. Went in for that surgery yet?
Forgive me old Grammar Nazi! I was relying on my memory and my mother going on about Dirksen all the time. She had a habit of purposely mangling names whereas you purposely mangle facts. You have no high ground to snipe from.

Doesn't change the fact that LBJ would not have gotten the Civil Rights Act passed without....the GOP! Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
LBJ did not give a shit about the CRA nor did the GOP . It was about votes dumbass.
LBJ did not give a shit about the CRA nor did the GOP . It was about votes dumbass. Originally Posted by slingblade
True or not that has nothing to do with the OP. The GOP was RESPONSIBLE for the passage.
True or not that has nothing to do with the OP. The GOP was RESPONSIBLE for the passage. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
You flat said Kennedy forced them to do it.
Time to check that prescription on your glasses Karl.
Time to check that prescription on your glasses Karl. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
Even if I had to read in braille it would still say the same thing. Just admit that you did not know what you were posting.
Actually, you said that and I reminded you that Kennedy was dead.
Actually, you said that and I reminded you that Kennedy was dead. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
Doesn't mean that Johnson wasn't forced to do it because it was what Kennedy wanted. Johnson was a known racist. The fact that you think he did this of his own accord is laughable.
Johnson pushed it so "those n*****s" would vote Democrat for the next 100 years.
Johnson pushed it so "those "native Americans" would vote Democrat for the next 100 years. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy

The new symbol of todays Republican party. . . they also wanted to pack millions of people and "deport" the,. . . they also blamed the ills of govnt on minorities.