"Just call me Caitlyn" - Bruce Jenner/Vanity Fair article

Just because a MAN wants to be FEMALE, it isn't always the wisest thing.
He cannot WILL himself to look female.

All of the plastic surgery in the world can not make an apple be an orange. Originally Posted by *GoddessDallas*
So you understand Trans people and this makes you an expert?? Please just stop you are no doctor or therapist. All you are doing is spewing conjecture and opinions.
I have been around many trans-people., for most of my life.His wife of 23 years thought he was "only dressing up." She never knew he would take it all the way to TRANSITIONING.
He lied to her all of these years.
A man can NEVER be a woman. There is the "XY thing." Man hands, man feet, the ANGULAR body, Bruce Republican. The GAY thing is also another thing he has to come to terms with. The GENDER DYSPHORIA. will always be there and the crippling PAIN he has caused to so many people.
His children don't even want to be on his show.
I watched the segment when Kim went to see Bruce to put an outfit together for him.
It was so sickening and creepy.
He was really getting off on HIS STEP-daughter putting an outfit together for him.
You could tell his excitement creeped her out too.

I hope he is happy with himself because he has left a lot of broken people who loved him in his wake. Originally Posted by *GoddessDallas*
This statement seems very angry and hurtful... Then we hear the xy thing yeah there is no magic pill YET but we can try and make ourselves as close to how we feel inside. So with all these kids SHE raised maybe she can take some time for HER???
I know this is a very touch subject, but I wanted to share my child's reaction to the news. If I am out of line with my post, it is certainly not intentional. I thought it would be nice and interesting to share a young person's reaction.

So here goes...."I don't think Bruce Jenner is gay. He's a lesbian, because he's really like a woman. He still likes women, so that makes him a lesbian right?"

My response, " I think you understand that pretty well maybe not exactly but close." My child explained it better than I could! To add to that, my child also said, "they made her look pretty for an old lady."

I thought that was humorous and very interesting that my child even knew to call her a her when discussing Bruce then Kaitlyn or Caitlin. Sp?
I think your child is spot on with her reaction to Caitlyn thank God the next generation gets it and one day all of these hatemongers will be deep in the grave.
  • MrGiz
  • 06-07-2015, 04:48 AM
I "judge" thi$ particular Bruce/Caitlyn Jenner $cenario the $ame as I do any other ($o-called) "reality" $how... Not!
Jenner is still a guy; he hasn't had the transformal surgery...so no, Jenner isn't a lesbian. Originally Posted by Whirlaway
Even if he had transformation surgery, he would still be a male, IMO. Surgery doesn't define your gender, your genes/DNA does.

So folks opting for surgery to change their sex really isn't changing it if we want to be utterly technical about it. Unless someone has found a way to alter their sex determination system. Until then, he is still a guy, and echo that for the other.

NOW, I'm all for someone doing this if it makes them happy. I figured, it's their life ultimately and they can do what they want with their limited time with it. Hell, I've seen some that even look hotter than some women (Bruna Butterfly).

At the end of the day, if they aren't hurting anyone else then it matters not what we all think.
Even if he had transformation surgery, he would still be a male, IMO. Surgery doesn't define your gender, your genes/DNA does.

So folks opting for surgery to change their sex really isn't changing it if we want to be utterly technical about it. Unless someone has found a way to alter their sex determination system. Until then, he is still a guy, and echo that for the other.

NOW, I'm all for someone doing this if it makes them happy. I figured, it's their life ultimately and they can do what they want with their limited time with it. Hell, I've seen some that even look hotter than some women (Bruna Butterfly).

At the end of the day, if they aren't hurting anyone else then it matters not what we all think. Originally Posted by Jon[s]
Yeah ”technically” SHE isn't a female. And the whole DNA surgery won't change anything thing has always been used to mess with our heads. Enough with that already. The fucking science does not change who we are nor how we feel inside.
I'm strictly speaking from that standpoint. The second part of what I wrote expresses your last sentence.
When someone transitions, it's ideal to refer to that person moving forward by the name and pronouns that person wants to be referred as, i.e. Caitlyn, "she," "her."

Here's Laverne Cox, another trans woman with mainstream visibility talking about gender self-determination:

"Laverne Cox Talks Gender Self-Determination"
+1

I think your child is spot on with her reaction to Caitlyn thank God the next generation gets it and one day all of these hatemongers will be deep in the grave. Originally Posted by Ts AmberRose