Ok, best hamburger in America?

• Reddd
  • 01-07-2011, 10:39 AM
Believe it or not - DC Hilton, ground Kobe beef with blue cheese - I've had it twice and it was fantastic both times; but then at the price it should have been!

For a burger joint: Whataburger double no onions with cheese and extra mustard is hard to beat. I've tried In & Out and Five Guys many times over the years and not been that impressed.
Culver's in Wisconsin. Love Shack in Fort Worth. But, really, I think the burgers I make for myself at home are the best. My kids say so too.
  • R.M.
  • 01-07-2011, 06:37 PM
Funny you say that. My cousin, a politician in Washington (not DC), doesn't have any of those up there. The FIRST thing he does when he arrives here in Houston to visit is stop by one and enjoy himself. Originally Posted by Meoauniaea
Wise men in your family with great taste.
On the rare occasion I eat their food, I send a pic of the bag to him. He curses me to high hell! hahahaha
For Arkansas its Cothams , Home of the Hubcap Hamburger in Scott Ar.
http://www.cothamsinthecity.com/awards.html
  • Paven
  • 01-07-2011, 07:22 PM
In the San Francisco Bay area Nations Giant Burgers and in Northern California Bartels Giant Burgers both places serve homeade pie as well!
Believe it or not - DC Hilton, ground Kobe beef with blue cheese - I've had it twice and it was fantastic both times; but then at the price it should have been!

For a burger joint: Whataburger double no onions with cheese and extra mustard is hard to beat. I've tried In & Out and Five Guys many times over the years and not been that impressed. Originally Posted by Reddd
do you mean the Hilton Hotel in Washington DC?
Ok, one I had almost forgot about, it's been years.

Four Winds in Cusseta, GA. Home of the "Ranger" Burger. While not as popular their "Sniper" burger with jalapenos was my favorite. The things were huge, over 1 pound of beef if I remember correctly. Those of you that were permanent party at Ft. Benning probably know what I am talking about.
  • R.M.
  • 01-08-2011, 02:20 PM
On the rare occasion I eat their food, I send a pic of the bag to him. He curses me to high hell! hahahaha Originally Posted by Meoauniaea
Ah ask him if he knows how many Whataburgers are in Corpus Christi.Thats where it originated. 23 is the answer.I have personally counted 13.
Dinkers Bar in Omaha!
In Dallas-Kellers is fantatic. In Austin-Hut's Hamburgers and Mighty Fine. I went to 5 guys once and it sucked. (maybe they had a bad day) In and Out Burgers out west. I miss White Castles as well. It's probably because I can't get White Castle's , Kellers or In and Out in Austin. Hell....I remember thinking Coors beer was the best because they didn't deliver East of the Rockies. I haven't drank a Coors beer in 15 years.
In Dallas-Kellers is fantatic. In Austin-Hut's Hamburgers and Mighty Fine. I went to 5 guys once and it sucked. (maybe they had a bad day) In and Out Burgers out west. I miss White Castles as well. It's probably because I can't get White Castle's , Kellers or In and Out in Austin. Hell....I remember thinking Coors beer was the best because they didn't deliver East of the Rockies. I haven't drank a Coors beer in 15 years. Originally Posted by derek303
Those Buffalo burgers from Huts are the best. When you really, really, need to overload on pure animal protein, they rock. I think any good burger joint that doesn't use prepackaged frozen meat get's my
Hubcap Grill in downtown Houston is fantastic. The Chronicle even gave them three stars - the same as the best fine dining restaurants.

http://www.hubcapgrill.com/
mine!!!
Actually, in Phx I've found a tie between Uno's at AZ Center and this pretentious but delicious burger place called Delux. Delux also boasts 20 gabajillion types of beer and is open until 2 am.