This Is Why WTF Won't Bet Against the Trump Economy

• WTF
  • 04-15-2022, 02:21 PM
We already had this convo, you clueless, annoyingly repetitive, willfully ignorant, hopelessly hyper-partisan and economically illiterate little twaddletwit!

Why do you keep repeating the same discredited falsehoods?

Why do you make me bitch-slap you over & over again for saying the same dumb thing?

Do you enjoy being utterly refudiated all the time?

Yes, the data are the data. And here's what the GDP growth data told us. It was already fully explained to you in tiny's "how are we gonna pay for all this shit" thread. Originally Posted by lustylad
A few more facts...

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-45827430

Real wages (adjusted for inflation) grew throughout Trump's first three years in office - continuing a steady upward trend which began during the first of President Obama's two terms.

This growth reached 2.1% per annum in February 2019, prior to the pandemic.

This is lower than the real wage increases of up to 2.4% that President Obama oversaw in 2015
  • WTF
  • 04-15-2022, 02:27 PM
Trump averaged 2.5% annual growth in his first 3 years of office, before covid hit.
Originally Posted by lustylad
Wait....I thought you said he would average over 3%. Have you read the title of your own thread?

What happened?

Can you explain how you were so wrong?
  • WTF
  • 04-15-2022, 02:50 PM
The article is straightforward and speaks for itself. However, if there is anything in it you don't understand, let me know and I will be happy to clarify it for you. Originally Posted by lustylad
Could you clarify how Austin Goolsbee and Larry Summers got it so right and your dumbass got it so wrong?

Could you please clarify that for moe?

Austan Goolsbee has called Mr. Trump’s growth goals unrealistic. In May Larry Summers declared that accepting the Trump administration’s forecast of 3% GDP growth was like believing “in tooth fairies.”

Originally Posted by lustylad
Just look at the fucked up economy that Obama inherited from Bush Jr. Look at the booming economy trumpy inherited from Obama. Now look at another fucked up economy Biden inherited from trumpy...record unemployment numbers and all other kinds of fucked up shit including at least two covid strains that trumpy ignored because he was beaten by record numbers. Biggest loser ever dah

No need to be a fucking genius to figure that shit out Mr economics genius lol n omg n some fkn idiots keep on being stupid on here

Only reply if you are a fkn idiot
I hate to have to state the obvious it just confirms my conversation is with an idiot. Originally Posted by WTF
You're supposed to have a staring contest with the chimp in the mirror, not a conversation.

Simply grasp the notion that I can be doing wonderfully well financially and the President, no matter who it is, can be having a tough go of it. Originally Posted by WTF
So you feel elated to have a President who is taking the country to hell in a handbasket, as long as you personally profit from it?

What a patriot you are, wtf! So full of compassion for your fellow Americans!

You would've been right at home in the Nazi concentration camps, working to extract gold fillings from the teeth of holocaust victims!
Shall we take a poll to determine exactly how much credibility you have in this forum, Professor Fellatio? Originally Posted by lustylad
... No poll needed.

### Salty
Could you clarify how Austin Goolsbee and Larry Summers got it so right and your dumbass got it so wrong? Originally Posted by WTF
Austin Goolsbee and Larry Summers got it right? Really?

Did you even bother to read the OP before you stupidly bumped this 4-year-old thread?

In 2010 the Obama White House forecast gross domestic product growth would “accelerate in 2011 to 3.8%” and “exceed 4% per year in 2012-2014,” consistent with the 4.3% growth rate in the other 10 recoveries since World War II. That never happened. Actual post-recession growth averaged an anemic 2.1%. And Mr. Obama’s last year in office saw measly 1.5% GDP growth - hardly the springboard to our current expansion.
Let's see... so Austin and Larry forecast 4.0% annual growth but only churned out a measly 2.1% average gain? In other words, they promised TWICE as much economic growth as they delivered?

Most economists I know would call that a BIG FUCKING MISS!

But somehow, your inverted peabrain construes it as "getting it right"?

Even Austin and Larry have admitted they missed by a mile! But not you!
How did your prediction work out Originally Posted by WTF
Have you... ever glanced back and admitted how far off you were? Originally Posted by WTF
Care to explain how you got it so wrong?

How can a country bumpkin such as myself continually out prognostic (sic) you and yours? Originally Posted by WTF
"Prognostic" is a noun, you dumb fucktard. The verb you are grappling for is prognosticate. Rhymes with fornicate, another act you were never any good at.

Four years ago you were too fucking cowardly to take a bet on how fast the US economy would grow in 2018. It was a fair and excellent bet, worthy of any Vegas bookmaker. Would the US economy grow by 3%? That would have been nearly double the rate at which the economy advanced in Obama's last year (2016). And it would have been the first time we managed to hit or exceed 3% since 2005.

It was already apparent based on numerous trendlines in early 2018 that the economy was likely heading toward a yearly advance quite close to that number. So it was an honest bet worthy of any professional economist.

But of course, we all know wtf is NOT a professional economist. He is a simple-minded partisan hack, whose balls are way too tiny and shriveled up to take a fair bet like that.

What was the actual outcome? Last time I checked, the official data showed a real GDP gain for 2018 of 2.99%. Awww... so close! Of course, I could probably go back and play with the exact calculation used (quarterly, revised, annualized, chain-linked, etc.) until I came up with a number exceeding 3.0%, but frankly wtf is NOT worth the fucking effort!

The guy can't spell, he can't prognostic (sic), he can't defend his lame arguments, and he can't think beyond his superficial spoon-fed dim-retard talking points.

Yet here he is 4 fucking years later, stupidly demanding that I admit "how far off" I was on a forecast that was a veritable BULLS EYE applying any normal statistical margin of error.

Of course, wtf doesn't understand any of what I just said, so he will respond with another worthless trollish comment. But at least the rest of you know better.
Just look at the... booming economy trumpy inherited from Obama. Now look at the fucked up economy Biden inherited from trumpy... record unemployment numbers and all other kinds of fucked up shit... Originally Posted by Tsmokies
^^^ Are you on wtf's team? You fit right in!

Ready for a little fact-checking?

In 2016, your Obama economy inched ahead at a miserably slow 1.6% rate. The only thing "booming" that year was your freaking imagination.

When Biden took office in January 2021, the unemployment rate was 6.3%, not even close to any kind of a record.

Now do everyone a favor and crawl back under the filthy rock you slithered out from!
^^^ Are you on wtf's team? You fit right in!

Ready for a little fact-checking?

In 2016, your Obama economy inched ahead at a miserably slow 1.6% rate. The only thing "booming" that year was your freaking imagination.

When Biden took office in January 2021, the unemployment rate was 6.3%, not even close to any kind of a record.

Now do everyone a favor and crawl back under the filthy rock you slithered out from! Originally Posted by lustylad
Let TS and Poofter slither. They’re good for a laugh.
  • WTF
  • 04-16-2022, 11:16 AM
"Prognostic" is a noun, you dumb fucktard. The verb you are grappling for is prognosticate. Rhymes with fornicate, another act you were never any good at.

Four years ago you were too fucking cowardly to take a bet on how fast the US economy would grow in 2018. It was a fair and excellent bet, worthy of any Vegas bookmaker. Would the US economy grow by 3%? That would have been nearly double the rate at which the economy advanced in Obama's last year (2016). And it would have been the first time we managed to hit or exceed 3% since 2005.

It was already apparent based on numerous trendlines in early 2018 that the economy was likely heading toward a yearly advance quite close to that number. So it was an honest bet worthy of any professional economist.

But of course, we all know wtf is NOT a professional economist. He is a simple-minded partisan hack, whose balls are way too tiny and shriveled up to take a fair bet like that.

What was the actual outcome? Last time I checked, the official data showed a real GDP gain for 2018 of 2.99%. Awww... so close! Of course, I could probably go back and play with the exact calculation used (quarterly, revised, annualized, chain-linked, etc.) until I came up with a number exceeding 3.0%, but frankly wtf is NOT worth the fucking effort!

The guy can't spell, he can't prognostic (sic), he can't defend his lame arguments, and he can't think beyond his superficial spoon-fed dim-retard talking points.

Yet here he is 4 fucking years later, stupidly demanding that I admit "how far off" I was on a forecast that was a veritable BULLS EYE applying any normal statistical margin of error.

Of course, wtf doesn't understand any of what I just said, so he will respond with another worthless trollish comment. But at least the rest of you know better. Originally Posted by lustylad
A couple of things...the 2.99 was the adjusted numbers. So just admit you were wrong.

Next...not sure if you realize it but the Presidency is for 4 years.

So really all you are admitting to both then and now was that Trump was on line to have one good year and you knew he would shit the floor after that.

I also find it hypocritical for you to
to ridicule my expanding your one year bet out to 3 years.
So just admit you were wrong. Originally Posted by WTF
The real question here is what the fuck is WRONG with YOU?

You take a forecast that is off by a statistically insignificant 0.01% and ask the forecaster to admit "how far off you were" and explain "how you got it so wrong".

And you do this in a thread whose very first post pointed out how the Obama economists you praise missed their GDP growth forecasts by nearly TWO FULL PERCENTAGE POINTS on average every year for 4 consecutive years (2011-2014)!

Those Obama economists missed the mark by a fucking mile and a half, yet you stupidly proclaim they "got it right".

Then you turn around and whine about my 2018 forecast, which if it missed at all did so by less than the width of your nanoscopic micro-penis. Even worse, it's a forecast you were too chickenshit to bet against at the time and only chose to bring up now by bizarrely bumping this 4-year-old thread.

If the purpose of all this is to show everyone you are a blind, ignorant, hyper-partisan, hypocritical, logic-impaired troll with frightfully unsound judgment who is utterly incapable of viewing or interpreting economic data in a proper or balanced fashion, you have succeeded beyond all expectations!
  • WTF
  • 04-16-2022, 05:15 PM
The real question here is what the fuck is WRONG with YOU?

You take a forecast that is off by a statistically insignificant 0.01% and ask the forecaster to admit "how far off you were" and explain "how you got it so wrong".

And you do this in a thread whose very first post pointed out how the Obama economists you praise missed their GDP growth forecasts by nearly TWO FULL PERCENTAGE POINTS on average every year for 4 consecutive years (2011-2014)!

Those Obama economists missed the mark by a fucking mile and a half, yet you stupidly proclaim they "got it right".

Then you turn around and whine about my 2018 forecast, which if it missed at all did so by less than the width of your nanoscopic micro-penis. Even worse, it's a forecast you were too chickenshit to bet against at the time and only chose to bring up now by bizarrely bumping this 4-year-old thread.

If the purpose of all this is to show everyone you are a blind, ignorant, hyper-partisan, hypocritical, logic-impaired troll with frightfully unsound judgment who is utterly incapable of viewing or interpreting economic data in a proper or balanced fashion, you have succeeded beyond all expectations! Originally Posted by lustylad
What a load of shit... the conversation back in the day was that these Trump tax cuts were going to pay for themselves with 3% plus GDP numbers. The Obama economists as you are want to call...got it right.

Trump had one year and even that wasn't 3%. You do realize you would have lost the bet, right?

Maybe bambino's bookie would have paid you but I sure as hell would not have.

So again, admit you were wrong.
  • WTF
  • 04-16-2022, 05:24 PM
Pay attention, twaddletwat. Here is a repeat of the instructions in my OP:

The article contains empirical data on actual (and forecast) GDP, . Originally Posted by lustylad
Once again....how did they get it so wrong? Why did 2019 GDP fall back to the mean.....actually below.