Is Free Speech dead in America?

White people are cowards.

Independent small alternative news outlets gain followers via social media platforms.

How is it a good thing for these platforms to be able to suppress alternative news outlets and promote corporate news instead?
"The might of white is always right"

do you agree? Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid

now on that one.. it depends.
Liberal White people are cowards. Originally Posted by Strokey_McDingDong
FTFY!
Free speech is alive and well in the USA. Just turn on FOX and conservative lies, hate, conspiracy theories abound! There's no control at limiting the trash that comes from FOX and similar networks. So YES....free speech is alive and well in America.
Funny how "free speech" is only for the liberal progressives
Free speech is alive and well in the USA. Just turn on FOX and conservative lies, hate, conspiracy theories abound! There's no control at limiting the trash that comes from FOX and similar networks. So YES....free speech is alive and well in America. Originally Posted by txpilot3
So you're an ignorant, slack jawed bigot. Good thing we know this stuff.
Free speech is only for liberal progressives if they adhere to the party line. See Rose McGown.
"The might of white is always right"

do you agree? Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid
Yes I do agree
not quite a monopoly, but a different kind.

it'd be more accurate to call them monosony.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monopsony Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm

i misspelled it. its monopsony. sorry folks.
Most people get their news from Facebook and YouTube. Originally Posted by Strokey_McDingDong
I'm pretty sure this is a lie.

Feel free to prove me wrong!

i misspelled it. its monopsony. sorry folks. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
What is a Cartel?

OPEC daily basket price stood at $67.49 a barrel Thursday

https://menafn.com/1102046155/OPEC-d...sday&source=30

The OPEC Reference Basket of Crudes (ORB) is made up of the following: Saharan Blend (Algeria), Girassol (Angola), Djeno (Congo), Zafiro (Equatorial Guinea), Rabi Light (Gabon), Iran Heavy (Iran), Basra Light (Iraq), Kuwait Export (Kuwait), Es Sider (Libya), Bonny Light (Nigeria), Arab Light (Saudi Arabia), Murban (UAE) and Merey (Venezuela).

Originally Posted by pfunkdenver

he's not wrong. those sites are a prime source for information .. at least the information they allow.

i rarely have anything to do with fuckbook. for obvious reasons. i watch Uboob all the time but not to get news.

who do i get my news from? Yahoo. not so strange as you or others might think. Yahoo has always had important/breaking news featured on their main page. Yahoo is, until recently, been mainly a news aggregator from other sources. seems after Verizon acquired them they've increased their news departments and staffing. they still feature 3rd party sources and will continue to do so but it seems they are trying to expand their in-house content.
he's not wrong. those sites are a prime source for information .. at least the information they allow.

i rarely have anything to do with fuckbook. for obvious reasons. i watch Uboob all the time but not to get news.

who do i get my news from? Yahoo. not so strange as you or others might think. Yahoo has always had important/breaking news featured on their main page. Yahoo is, until recently, been mainly a news aggregator from other sources. seems after Verizon acquired them they've increased their news departments and staffing. they still feature 3rd party sources and will continue to do so but it seems they are trying to expand their in-house content. Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid
I think verizon plans to sell off yahoo.

whats weird about this is that Verizon via Yahoo is handling AT&T Worldnet mail servers.
What is a Cartel?

OPEC daily basket price stood at $67.49 a barrel Thursday

https://menafn.com/1102046155/OPEC-d...sday&source=30 Originally Posted by eccieuser9500
a friendly reader sent me an email about this.

says its oligopoly.

oligopoly ŏl″ĭ-gŏp′ə-lē, ō″lĭ -►
  • n. A market condition in which sellers are so few that the actions of any one of them will materially affect price and have a measurable impact on competitors.
  • n. An economic condition in which a small number of sellers exert control over the market of a commodity.
  • n. (economics) a market in which control over the supply of a commodity is in the hands of a small number of producers and each one can influence prices and affect competitors

Originally Posted by pfunkdenver
Well, even if it's not true, social media is a major platform for independent, small news channels to reach out to people.

Why would you want these independent news channels to be suppressed in favor of corporate media?

I get my news exclusively from YouTube, because I don't watch any mainstream media. I don't watch anything on TV.

But now they're trying to make YouTube like TV by suppressing the independent content creators and promoting the corporate shit. Nobody ends up winning after that. At least none of us. Maybe the multimillionaire politicians and those at Google win.

Also, this suppression of independent news media is not only happening to right wingers. It is happening across the board to anyone who challenges the mainstream.