Anal Check # 2: The second amendment.

I hate guns & will never own one Originally Posted by VENUSNOVA
And our constitution gives you the right to make your own choices in that. Just as it gives you the right to choose when it comes to reproductive issues. Likewise, it gives you the right to speak your mind in all things or to worship (or not) as you choose.

We could go on. ZNot that you need my permission or approval (you do not): Nevertheless, I absolutely respect your choices.
The founders saw fit to include a guaranteed right to bear arms that had nothing to do with hunting or target shooting. It says in the amendment itself; A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed. What do you think? Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn
And the FF had time machines and took into account society well over 200 years into the future.
Back in those days, didn't regular everyday people just show up when needed to be part of the militia....or maybe they were the whole militia, and there was no standing militia. So the people had to be able to keep and bear arms so they could show up with their guns when needed.
And the FF had time machines and took into account society well over 200 years into the future. Originally Posted by CaptainTruth

the FF? who's that? the Fantastic Four or the Founding Fathers?

the Founding Fathers did look into the future by allowing several ways to add amendments to the Constitution including a way the people themselves can change it even if the politicos don't like it.

Back in those days, didn't regular everyday people just show up when needed to be part of the militia....or maybe they were the whole militia, and there was no standing militia. So the people had to be able to keep and bear arms so they could show up with their guns when needed. Originally Posted by VitaMan

yes. there was no standing Army back then. so the militia was the volunteer on-call Army. many have tried to claim that when the US created a formal standing Army it invalidated a citizens right to bear arms. the Supreme Court has rejected this argument.

and back then a rifle was an essential survival tool for hunting and protection. it still is today for protection.
I wouldn't leave a man without a horse and a gun.

Then today the saying would be:
I wouldn't leave a man without an electric car and a gun.

Technology has changed. Man has not.

I wouldn't leave a man without an electric car, a rifle, a few machine guns and automatic weapons, and a few grenades and rocket launchers.
An electric car??? That thing needs a lot of infrastructure to be useful. A horse just needs grass and water. A regular car can carry more gas to give it greater range but that electric car...300 miles and it's done.
What is the difference between a machine gun and an automatic weapon?
Back in those days, didn't regular everyday people just show up when needed to be part of the militia....or maybe they were the whole militia, and there was no standing militia. So the people had to be able to keep and bear arms so they could show up with their guns when needed. Originally Posted by VitaMan

That really hasn't changed and it's worked out well for over two hundred years.
What is the difference between a machine gun and an automatic weapon? Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn

Automatic firearms can be divided into six main categories:

Automatic rifle
The standard type of service rifles in most modern militaries, usually capable of selective fire. Assault rifles are a specific type of select-fire rifle chambered in an intermediate cartridge and fed via a high-capacity detachable magazine. Battle rifles are similar, but chambered in a full-powered cartridge.

Automatic shotgun
A type of combat shotgun capable of firing shotgun shells automatically, usually also semi-automatically.

Machine gun
A large group of heavier firearms used for suppressive automatic fire of rifle cartridges, usually attached to a mount or supported by a bipod. Depending on size, weight and role, machine guns are divided into heavy, medium or light machine guns. The ammunition is often belt-fed.

Submachine gun
An automatic, short rifle (carbine) typically chambered for pistol cartridges. Today seldom used in military contexts due to a rise in the use of body armor, they are commonly used by police forces and close protection units in many parts of the world.

Personal defense weapon
A new breed of automatic firearms that combines the light weight and size of the submachine gun with the medium power caliber ammunition of the rifle, thus in practice creating a submachine gun with body armor penetration capability.

Machine pistol
A handgun-style firearm, capable of fully automatic or burst fire. They are sometimes equipped with a foldable shoulder stock, to promote accuracy during automatic fire, creating similarities to their submachine gun counterparts. Some machine pistols are shaped similarly to semi-automatics (e.g., the Glock 18, Beretta 93R). As with SMGs, machine pistols fire pistol caliber cartridges (such as the 9mm, .40, .45 ACP etc.).
Wow oh wow, where did you find this crap?

There is no difference between a machine gun and an automatic weapon. Now you can break both of them down into the same categories, but the answer is they are both the same.
Apparently this thread was aptly named.

Jd Performs anal check. Discovers No. 2.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
Wow oh wow, where did you find this crap?

There is no difference between a machine gun and an automatic weapon. Now you can break both of them down into the same categories, but the answer is they are both the same. Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn

You have now become an expert on machine guns and automatic weapons ?

Just like you became an expert on so many other issues.....and got your ass handed to you.
My ass is still firmly attached and has never been in the hands of someone such as yourself. I don't swing that way. When it comes to firearms...yeah, compared to people like you, I am an expert.
By your logic, the only soda is a Coke. The expert in firearms says the only automatic weapon is a machine gun.

Hope you bolted your ass on so it doesn't keep falling off.

Your Bill Clinton felony charge was a whopper.
You have now become an expert on machine guns and automatic weapons ?... Originally Posted by VitaMan

You are now saying that because you performed the super-double-dooper cut-n-past-a-thon that you are now a weapons expert?!? Imma say NOPE!