How much does quality writing matter?

• WTF
  • 07-17-2010, 07:41 AM

On the other hand, an ad posted in impeccable spelling, grammar, syntax, and style is, to me, a definite attention-getter -- and in a good way. I judge (again rightly or wrongly) that the poster is a lady of class, education, and intelligence -- someone with whom I'd enjoy spending many hours. Originally Posted by GaryVee
I spent many a hour with my freshman English Comp. teacher. None of them were enjoyable. Of course, I do not enjoy discussion sentence syntax!

Is there a study out that shows a correlation between spelling and grammar equating into a higher level of conversational skills and more to the point BCD skills?

Is there a study out that shows a correlation between spelling and grammar equating into a higher level of conversational skills and more to the point BCD skills? Originally Posted by WTF

sometimes trailerpark clever can be so enticing

x on the d in the title
I spent many a hour with my freshman English Comp. teacher. None of them were enjoyable. Of course, I do not enjoy discussion sentence syntax!

Is there a study out that shows a correlation between spelling and grammar equating into a higher level of conversational skills and more to the point BCD skills? Originally Posted by WTF
Just how many ads do you see from providers touting their lack of education, their inability to string two sentences together, their basic stupidity, and their lack of couth?

Almost all the ads I see state they are intelligent, can carry on a conversation, and knowledgeable.
I spent many a hour with my freshman English Comp. teacher. None of them were enjoyable. Originally Posted by WTF
WTF -- Your fault: you should have lined up a class with one of those "hot teachers" like Mary Kay Letourneau!
  • WTF
  • 07-17-2010, 09:15 AM
WTF -- Your fault: you should have lined up a class with one of those "hot teachers" like Mary Kay Letourneau! Originally Posted by GaryVee
No argument there my brother!

At the end of the day there are a hundred different reasons why all of us choose to see (or not to see) another. The key for me is choice. Do I wanna see her? Does she in turn wanna see me?(and I'm not digging to deep on the later question once she says yes!)
Just how many ads do you see from providers touting their lack of education, their inability to string two sentences together, their basic stupidity, and their lack of couth? Originally Posted by charlestudor2005
Well now Charles, you have obviously never visited one of my ads.
Well now Charles, you have obviously never visited one of my ads. Originally Posted by Becky
Oh, now Becky, I've never seen any of your ads...especially any you might have posted on BP or CL.

On the other hand, I have visited your webpage several times. It is very well done, classy, impeccable (I could go on, but you get the idea). You even ask for a "heads up" (no pun intended) if there are mistakes. I haven't found any, but I can't bring myself to spend that much time at your website. It would be torture to spend that much time there knowing that I'll never be able to see you.
Oh, now Becky, I've never seen any of your ads...especially any you might have posted on BP or CL. Originally Posted by charlestudor2005
What have we told you about Backpage or Craig's List. Stay out of there. Remember Becky is one of those HDH women. You won't find her advertising in BP or CL.
What have we told you about Backpage or Craig's List. Stay out of there. Originally Posted by Ansley
But...how else am I supposed to find someone in my price range with quality service???
But...how else am I supposed to find someone in my price range with quality service??? Originally Posted by charlestudor2005
Pony up the money for P411. Check out Eros ads and cross reference them to ECCIE and TER to check out their reviews. There are a lot of quality ladies that aren't HDH and ones that don't utilize BP and CL. Or you could send me 20.00 and I'll find you a date.
Or you could send me 20.00 and I'll find you a date. Originally Posted by Ansley
There are a couple of problems:
  1. I have trouble enough finding a date; doubt if you can find me one for $1.00; and
  2. In no time flat you'd realize that a $19.00 finder's fee is not nearly enough for the work you would have to do to find me a date.
Oh, now Becky, I've never seen any of your ads...especially any you might have posted on BP or CL.

On the other hand, I have visited your webpage several times. It is very well done, classy, impeccable (I could go on, but you get the idea). You even ask for a "heads up" (no pun intended) if there are mistakes. I haven't found any, but I can't bring myself to spend that much time at your website. It would be torture to spend that much time there knowing that I'll never be able to see you. Originally Posted by charlestudor2005
Thank you CharlesThat was very nice of you. Your original comment made me laugh because it is true no one is going to admit in their ad that they are not well educated.My level of formal education would not impress anyone , so I simply try to avoid the subject rather than attempt to make something up, and look silly.

Ansley is right, it may be time for you to graduate to Eros guide .I can think of a few SF women in your price range( well Ok slightly above it) who I have only heard great things about. Eros guide can be a good place to look, because you have to pay a good amount to stay on there. Paid ads/web sites/pro photos show that the women are treating this as a business, and are willing to put some effort in to what they are doing.Quality really can be found in just about any price range. Most of us choose our rates based on how busy, or not busy we wish to be.I do not think that charging more makes you better than anyone else, just lower volume.
See below:

Thank you CharlesThat was very nice of you. Your original comment made me laugh because it is true no one is going to admit in their ad that they are not well educated.My level of formal education would not impress anyone , so I simply try to avoid the subject rather than attempt to make something up, and look silly. Formal education does not reflect a person's true level of education. There are a lot of people with formal education that don't have common sense. OTOH, there are some (like you, I think) who have common sense AND have taken the time to educate themselves. That is real education!

Ansley is right, it may be time for you to graduate to Eros guide .I can think of a few SF women in your price range( well Ok slightly above it) who I have only heard great things about. Eros guide can be a good place to look, because you have to pay a good amount to stay on there. Paid ads/web sites/pro photos show that the women are treating this as a business, and are willing to put some effort in to what they are doing.Quality really can be found in just about any price range. Most of us choose our rates based on how busy, or not busy we wish to be.I do not think that charging more makes you better than anyone else, just lower volume. I've always shied away from Eros for a couple of reasons. First, I've read a lot of reviews panning the level of satisfaction with women on Eros. Second, if that is true, it's just a classy BP. Third, I don't have the time to go through the site and try and find someone who doesn't have reviews. In any event, I decided some time ago to limit excursions to ladies who are either on P411 or ECCIE. I wouldn't, however, rule out DC. I had a chance to look at that a while back, and it is a possibility since a lot of the ladies there are also on P411. Originally Posted by Becky
I've always shied away from Eros for a couple of reasons. First, I've read a lot of reviews panning the level of satisfaction with women on Eros. Second, if that is true, it's just a classy BP. Third, I don't have the time to go through the site and try and find someone who doesn't have reviews. In any event, I decided some time ago to limit excursions to ladies who are either on P411 or ECCIE. I wouldn't, however, rule out DC. I had a chance to look at that a while back, and it is a possibility since a lot of the ladies there are also on P411.: Originally Posted by charlestudor2005

That is interesting, in SF Eros is considered a pretty good source .Unfortunately P 411 is not very well known in my area , and I only wish that we had a local version of eccie here.

That is too bad that even Eros has a bad rep.I would hope that if a woman was putting some money back in to her business that making an effort with her clients would be a smart plan . I guess that some just go for the tourists which is very short sighted because even tourists are known to return when happy.

Oh well there goes my entire theory on Eros .

Oh well there goes my entire theory on Eros .

Originally Posted by Becky
You shouldn't let my opinion of Eros alter your view. It may be a very valid view for most areas. I've picked up my idea mostly from the Texas reviews. And I don't read every Texas review. I just noted that some started kinda "found this girl on Eros" and ended kinda "it wasn't a great time."

[The other thing...a lot of the ads on Eros don't list donations. It's a waste of both our times for me to call around asking ladies what their donations are.]