How are we going to pay for all this shit?

• WTF
  • 11-20-2021, 01:39 PM
For the record, Trump had 6 quarters of over 3% GDP growth, not just one.

What's your point, trollboy? Trying to prove you're a compulsive liar or just plain stupid?

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...gdp-in-the-us/ Originally Posted by lustylad
I was in fact talking specifically about the one you were celebrating. You know the one where you and bambino were shitting yourselves over and predicting yearly 3% GDP numbers from Trump.

So you are actually you lying about me lying. Nowhere did I say only.

You could be a man and apologize but my guess is you will try to ignore the pointing out of your mistake.
  • oeb11
  • 11-20-2021, 01:45 PM
WTF - an example of your' liberal economics'

$3.5 Trillion - Costs Nothing!
Now - that is impressive inflation - thanks to the DPST party!
  • WTF
  • 11-20-2021, 01:46 PM
Trump's GDP numbers vs other Presidents

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/gdp-g...121008953.html

Here’s a look at average GDP growth rates under the last six U.S. presidents:

Jimmy Carter (D): 3.25%

Ronald Reagan (R): 3.48%

George H.W. Bush (R): 2.25%

Bill Clinton (D): 3.88%

George W. Bush (R): 2.2%

Barack Obama (D): 1.62%

Donald Trump (R): 0.95%

In his first four years in office, Trump has had by far the lowest average U.S. GDP growth rate of any of the last seven U.S. presidents.

I was in fact talking specifically about the one you were celebrating. You know the one where you and bambino were shitting yourselves over and predicting yearly 3% GDP numbers from Trump.

So you are actually you lying about me lying. Nowhere did I say only.

You could be a man and apologize but my guess is you will try to ignore the pointing out of your mistake. Originally Posted by WTF

Very good, little trollboy!

Thank you for illustrating the troll's modus operandi!

From Wtf's "Trolling Lessons for Dummies 101":

1. Tell a brazen lie.

2. When called out on your lie, lie about what you just said.

3. Accuse your accuser of lying.

4. Rinse and repeat.

This is getting old, trollboy. You're boring everyone. Is that all you got?
Trump's GDP numbers vs other Presidents

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/gdp-g...121008953.html

Here’s a look at average GDP growth rates under the last six U.S. presidents:

Jimmy Carter (D): 3.25%

Ronald Reagan (R): 3.48%

George H.W. Bush (R): 2.25%

Bill Clinton (D): 3.88%

George W. Bush (R): 2.2%

Barack Obama (D): 1.62%

Donald Trump (R): 0.95%

In his first four years in office, Trump has had by far the lowest average U.S. GDP growth rate of any of the last seven U.S. presidents. Originally Posted by WTF

Hahaha... this is too easy!

Your Yahoo article came out just before the 2020 election and used an ESTIMATE for Trump's fourth year, even though everyone knows the economy was totally distorted by the raging covid pandemic and for this reason 2020 cannot be included in any unbiased evaluation of the overall success of Trump's economic policy-making. (Unless of course you are a partisan hack like wtf and the author.)

Since I try to be fair, unbiased and objective, I omit 2 years from any meaningful comparison of Trump vs. Obama: 2009 (due to the recession Obama inherited) and 2020 (due to the aforementioned pandemic).

As I already established in post #526 of this thread, the remaining data show the economy expanded at an average annual rate of 2.5% under Trump versus 2.2% under Obama. This is confirmed again by the GDP numbers in your yahoo article.

Thanks for allowing me to reiterate the point!

Wanna try again, trollboy?
... Kinda looks like the truth is right there.

### Salty
WTF says he’s a Libertarian!!!!!

Maybe librarian????

Maybe libtard
  • Tiny
  • 11-20-2021, 08:47 PM
He was probably constrained by the WSJ editors to a limited amount of space, but I would add a few notes here about inflation expectations and draw a differential between the effects of uber-accommodative monetary policy and the gigantic fiscal surges inherent in all the covid relief and stimulus spending binges, which appear to have filled the economy's estimated output gap almost three times over.

I see the former as being the primary driver of asset inflation (financial assets, real estate, etc.), and the current consumer price inflation largely if not almost almost wholly a function of the massive fiscal packages. (Note, however, that the humongous asset purchases by the Fed enable the fiscal insanity, so the two go hand-in-hand.)

The first form of inflation greatly increases wealth inequality, and the second painfully straps household budgets of the working class and lower-middle class, so both are bad news for politicians who want to be seen as "champions of the people," yet seem all too willing to shove through stuff likely to ultimately result in their being blamed for undesirable policy outcomes. Originally Posted by CaptainMidnight
I'm just sitting back and taking this in. It's always educational when you and LL engage here. Your thoughts about the Fed causing asset price inflation and the spendthrift politicians causing consumer price inflation are interesting.

As you know, another frequently cited cause of inflation right now, especially by the Biden administration and Congressional Democrats, is a broken supply chain, low inventories, and higher demand coming out of COVID. That's the basis for their argument that inflation will be transitory, and you've mentioned it too.

I was looking for a place to park some cash, and took a quick look at inflation rates and interest rates in east and southeast Asian countries. CPI in those countries is running from 0.1% (Japan) to 2.5% (Singapore). Real interest rates in Indonesia and China are both positive. They're slightly negative in Japan and Malaysia, and around -1.5% in Singapore and Thailand. I was looking at 2 year government bond yields.

Our inflation rate right now may be the highest in the developed world. I suspect we dumped more stimulus money into our economy as a % of GDP than most.

Anyway, I guess the point is that you can't lay all the blame on the supply chain, inventories and rebounding demand. If that were the case I'd think inflation rates in these other countries would be higher. We've poured lots of money into the economy.
With additional legislation the Democrats already passed and will pass this year, we'll continue to pump in money over the next few years. And don't expect the Fed to develop some backbone. So this may last longer than Biden et al are trying to lead us to believe.

And that and $3.00 will buy you a cup of coffee at Starbucks.
  • WTF
  • 11-20-2021, 09:12 PM

Since I try to be fair, unbiased and objective, I omit 2 years from any meaningful comparison of Trump vs. Obama: 2009 (due to the recession Obama inherited) and 2020 (due to the aforementioned pandemic).

Wanna try again, trollboy? Originally Posted by lustylad
The fairest of the fair would be Obama's last 3 vs Trumps first 3.

Try that Our Fairy Lady.
  • WTF
  • 11-20-2021, 09:17 PM
Here, I'll do it for you.

https://www.latimes.com/politics/sto...on-the-economy

Consider: Under Obama from 2014 to 2016, real gross domestic product — the broadest measure of economic activity — grew at an average annual rate of 2.5%. In Trump’s first three years, 2017 to 2019, real GDP expanded by an annual average of 2.6%, according to the Bureau of Economic Analysis.

In December 2017 , Trump had talked about GDP rocketing to “4, 5, and maybe even 6% or higher.” But despite his big corporate tax cut, GDP growth didn’t come close to reaching the average yearly gains of 4% in the 1990s and twice that in the early 1950s.

...On employment, the U.S. economy added 6.6 million jobs in Trump’s first three years, shy of the 8.1 million payroll gains in the last three years under Obama.
... Wait for it.

It'll surely be coming.

Where one o' the economy lads here will point out
that there's a difference between JOBS and "payroll gains"...

Nice how you phrased that.
or the Times phrased that.

### Salty

Consider: Under Obama from 2014 to 2016, real gross domestic product — the broadest measure of economic activity — grew at an average annual rate of 2.5%. In Trump’s first three years, 2017 to 2019, real GDP expanded by an annual average of 2.6%, according to the Bureau of Economic Analysis.

In December 2017 , Trump had talked about GDP rocketing to “4, 5, and maybe even 6% or higher.” But despite his big corporate tax cut, GDP growth didn’t come close to reaching the average yearly gains of 4% in the 1990s and twice that in the early 1950s.

...On employment, the U.S. economy added 6.6 million jobs in Trump’s first three years, shy of the 8.1 million payroll gains in the last three years under Obama. Originally Posted by WTF
... Hee Hee! ... Wouldn't want it to disappear.

### Salty
  • Tiny
  • 11-20-2021, 09:51 PM

...On employment, the U.S. economy added 6.6 million jobs in Trump’s first three years, shy of the 8.1 million payroll gains in the last three years under Obama. Originally Posted by WTF
And your point is? Everybody here knows you can’t trust anything that comes out of Trump’s mouth.

You’re cherry picking by looking at 2014 to 2016. And making a correlation between who’s president and the GDP growth rate is kind of nonsensical. But you already know that.
The United States is gonna collapse soon. I'm wondering where in the world it will be safe for white.people in the future.
The United States is gonna collapse soon. I'm wondering where in the world it will be safe for white.people in the future. Originally Posted by Clay Media

if you say so turd media

BAHHHAAA